Part Time Working Mummy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly my point, extremely naive or dishonest, take your pick?

The problem Rachaele's got with trying to go down the naive route is that she's proved herself dishonest with all the storytelling.
She was quick enough to state in the Tattle video that she has an accountant and pays tax so I don’t see how she can claim she’s naive.

She was also quick enough to show a ridiculous email that she’d contacted her friend who used to work for a charity and asked her to send it. The friend who worked for Action for Children from 2016 until April 2018 stated she’d previously donated and she hopes this email ‘stops the trolls’. The official email from Action for Children said otherwise.

In my opinion, if Rachaele had any other evidence she’d have shown that rather than contacting a friend (who hasn’t worked for the charity in more than a year) in a blind panic and getting them to send an unofficial and unprofessional email which didn’t confirm anything.

Reactions: 14
As well as the money stuff I’m getting more and more concerned with safe guarding seeing that it requires a heck of a lot of training and qualifications to work within the areas she does. I’m extremely concerned she’s not properly trained to deal with the danger that comes with domestic violence and abuse.

This ultimately could harm the people she says she is supporting. The children need way more privacy and not have hundreds of thousands of people seeing their intimate moments and knowing where they go to school and live
Just because she has ‘been through it’ doesn’t mean she is equipped to deal with it, it doesn’t mean she has the guidelines, knowledge or safeguarding training to keep these women safe, or to know what to say, or how much to put online about them.

I also agree about the children. If I wanted to I could probably find out far too much about them. I don’t want to. She isn’t the only one who does it, most people on my Instagram do, if someone really wanted to connect the dots, they could easily!

Reactions: 4
She was quick enough to state in the Tattle video that she has an accountant and pays tax so I don’t see how she can claim she’s naive.

She was also quick enough to show a ridiculous email that she’d contacted her friend who used to work for a charity and asked her to send it. The friend who worked for Action for Children from 2016 until April 2018 stated she’d previously donated and she hopes this email ‘stops the trolls’. The official email from Action for Children said otherwise.

In my opinion, if Rachaele had any other evidence she’d have shown that rather than contacting a friend (who hasn’t worked for the charity in more than a year) in a blind panic and getting them to send an unofficial and unprofessional email which didn’t confirm anything.
Spot on!

Reactions: 3

👏 👏 👏 👏

Reactions: 2
I'm surprised BBC three hasn't done a documentary on 'influencers' yet. They did an MLM one not long ago, and a 'clean eating' one with Grace Victory and Brianna Jackson, plus I think Katie Snooks did one? It'd be good if they did one on them not following advertising guidelines and also stuff like what people like Rachaele and Jack Towers are doing.

Reactions: 9
The safeguarding for all concerned is an issue - the people she “helps” and her own children. I’ve wondered for months how she can get away with posting screenshots of emails form vulnerable people on her stories for the whole world to access. That’s not how transparency works. Paper trail, yes. Blindly throwing out information that could put people in danger? No!

Reactions: 7
I sit on the committee of a charity, every penny is accounted for.

Essentially what Racheal is doing is getting people to pay to be fans of hers.

It is becoming more commonplace for instagrammers/youtubers etc to monetise by having fan clubs, patreons etc. The difference is people are visibly doing it now without shame really, whereas she is hiding it under the pretence of charity money. R's friend Constance is pretty transparent about her 'village', for example.

That is the difference- R is essentially asking for a salary from her fans just to be her. She adds the twist of helping DA victims, fine. But she isnt transparent like others. We all know a lot of the money is funding their lifestyle, the worst detective in the world can see that. She needs to monetise her page more professionally and less shady - R, if you want money from people just to enjoy your content then own that and go public with it. Have two funds. One for DA and one for you. One becomes your salary, one is your charity fund, and your followers should be able to choose which they donate to.

Register a charity officially, as you should do. Then the monies that go to that account have to be accounted for.

The rest, make sure Mr taxman knows about it, set yourself up a company (or a partnership if you don't want to publish accounts...) and get presto, all is above board and no longer incredibly dodgy territory. That's my fair take on it.

Hey presto, I mean!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I sit on the committee of a charity, every penny is accounted for.

Essentially what Racheal is doing is getting people to pay to be fans of hers.

It is becoming more commonplace for instagrammers/youtubers etc to monetise by having fan clubs, patreons etc. The difference is people are visibly doing it now without shame really, whereas she is hiding it under the pretence of charity money. R's friend Constance is pretty transparent about her 'village', for example.

That is the difference- R is essentially asking for a salary from her fans just to be her. She adds the twist of helping DA victims, fine. But she isnt transparent like others. We all know a lot of the money is funding their lifestyle, the worst detective in the world can see that. She needs to monetise her page more professionally and less shady - R, if you want money from people just to enjoy your content then own that and go public with it. Have two funds. One for DA and one for you. One becomes your salary, one is your charity fund, and your followers should be able to choose which they donate to.

Register a charity officially, as you should do. Then the monies that go to that account have to be accounted for.

The rest, make sure Mr taxman knows about it, set yourself up a company (or a partnership if you don't want to publish accounts...) and get presto, all is above board and no longer incredibly dodgy territory. That's my fair take on it.

Hey presto, I mean!
The whole thing of being paid to be themselves makes me just a bit 🤢 really. But I guess as long as people are making an informed decision to fund someone else’s lifestyle then that’s fine.

Reactions: 6
No one else find it weird how much her kids are always around her holding bump?
I’ve got children, and after the first few nelly rubs to feel baby kick each pregnancy, the novelty wears off. But she films the whole tribe EVERY NIGHT fawning over her. I’ve never seen anything so forced. “Come around the bump kids for the daily bump filming and family time”

Perhaps someone should let HMRC know their concerns about this situation too. ☺

Reactions: 17
Hi - so I’m new posting here, I followed PTWM for a while and came here because of the Instagram story. I’ve been reading through all the posts and while Im not going to comment on her family however I do agree there has been a massive change in how she used to post and the reason why I followed her in the first instance to now, an account that I just don’t connect with at all.

In regards to people’s concerns surrounding their donations etc.

I work in fraud. I investigate fraud for a living and I can only really give advice on this but Action fraud is a very good tool for the public to use. Anything that is reported on there is passed onto the relevant department/ organisation and it’s then up to their own fraud department to action it but it also becomes “stored” information that say another company can access whatever under that topic on it, thus building a profile. Contacting your bank directly and PayPal themselves. PayPal have a massive fraud department of their own if there are enough people reporting the same thing then it becomes much more likely to be fully investigated.

What genuinely breaks my heart is how there are people who have donated with the very best intentions who are now questioning their donations and receiving little to no information back or getting blocked!? That’s just a massive slap in the face. If there is genuinely nothing untoward with where people’s money has gone why shouldn’t it be addressed? I feel very much the whole situation is just ignore them and they will go away - yet you can see here, right here people wanting to know what’s happening with their money that they donated in good faith.

That’s my two cents

• Heart
Reactions: 37
The whole thing of being paid to be themselves makes me just a bit 🤢 really. But I guess as long as people are making an informed decision to fund someone else’s lifestyle then that’s fine.
It's not my thing either, but it is certainly becoming more popular. I know a relatively well known influencer (not of the mum type) and a considerable amount of time goes into the content to stay relevant.

You can easily report someone on HMRC for tax evasion if you do feel that is what she is doing. She has an accountant allegedly, so should be getting the right advice there.

Reactions: 2
Just seen a video pop up on fb about her going to FB headquarters to talk about online bullying and keeping children safe on social media

But it seems , that Betsy had her own Instagram account 4/5 years ago so she would have been young and Tallulah also does ? How is this promoting safety on the internet when you have to be 13 to have an Instagram account ?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Just seen a video pop up on fb about her going to FB headquarters to talk about online bullying and keeping children safe on social media

But it seems , that Betsy had her own Instagram account 4/5 years ago so she would have been young and Tallulah also does ? How is this promoting safety on the internet when you have to be 13 to have an Instagram account ?
Keeping children safe shouldn’t be allowing your own children to go on such sites under the ‘legal’ age.

Reactions: 5
Just because she has ‘been through it’ doesn’t mean she is equipped to deal with it,
Exactly this
I've been through child birth ... I'm not a midwife, we can all offer advice but when it's to a vulnerable family it can be dangerous.

• Heart
Is she actually TAKING THE PISS? She’s getting paid to tell us how Facebook is protecting our kids? Literally couldn’t make it up. Well, actually, she probably could 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Was just about to say the same.
Also, I didn’t watch the video, just read the accompanying text but the text seemed ever so bland and uninformative. Nothing in any detail and HOW they’re keeping kids safe, nothing saying WHAT they’re doing, just that she’s been ‘working’ alongside 🙄
Eating cake and drinking tea more like. Ergh. I’m becoming jaded in my old age...

I don’t have a mat...
Do I need a mat?

Me neither 🤔 does this mean my husband doesn’t love me? He hasn’t bought me a mat! Do I not have any self respect because I don’t have a mat? Quick! I must rush out to buy a mat, or better still, order my husband to buy me one so I can say I am officially loved 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She hopes the new baby doesn’t bet a belly tattoo at 15 to spite her like she did. Wasn’t she (according to her) estranged from her parents and in foster care by then? And if so how was that spiting them 🙄

Reactions: 15
She hopes the new baby doesn’t bet a belly tattoo at 15 to spite her like she did. Wasn’t she (according to her) estranged from her parents and in foster care by then? And if so how was that spiting them 🙄
I was literally just coming on to say this!!

Was just about to say the same.
Also, I didn’t watch the video, just read the accompanying text but the text seemed ever so bland and uninformative. Nothing in any detail and HOW they’re keeping kids safe, nothing saying WHAT they’re doing, just that she’s been ‘working’ alongside 🙄
Eating cake and drinking tea more like. Ergh. I’m becoming jaded in my old age...

I don’t have a mat...
Do I need a mat?

Me neither 🤔 does this mean my husband doesn’t love me? He hasn’t bought me a mat! Do I not have any self respect because I don’t have a mat? Quick! I must rush out to buy a mat, or better still, order my husband to buy me one so I can say I am officially loved 🤭
If your husband hasn’t bought you the best mat out there, and got into debt doing it, divorce the bastard, he doesn’t love you! 😆

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.