Part Time Working Mummy #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That post about the holiday šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø Sheā€™s shameless, isnā€™t she? ā€œWeā€™ve never been able to afford a holiday despite working so hard and being such good people but now thanks to all my hard work (writing a book about myself) youā€™ve paid for us to be able to do this. Admittedly, itā€™s been tit and weā€™re definitely not grateful but hey, I can now call myself a published author and quit the job that gave me my online name in the first place so you guys can continue funding the lifestyle we will never be thankful for šŸ‘šŸ» Incidentally, if you want to spend your money coming to see me talk crap so we can go on more holidays, click here...ā€

So true šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ the fact she keeps posting stories each day Ignoring the PayPal allegations, as I said yesterday if I was an influencer with a large social media platform Iā€™d be devastated to be thought of as stealing from kind hearted people who have donated Iā€™d immediately provide evidence to clear it up.

Itā€™s all me me me me with heršŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 2
Hi. Newbie. A follower of ptwm but more of a silent reader having only made a few comments. But usually ā€˜likeā€™all posts. Came over here since the insta post and have read most threads but all of this one. When donating money to charity they usually send some kind of email of thanks or a certificate. Have done fundraising privately and had a just giving page for chosen charity. However i work in a school and when we have fundraising days we donate all funds via cheque/ pay into the charity account and always receive a certificate. So surely ptwm should have these as proof if indeed she has made lots of donations as stated. On the fence as to whether paypal is spent on themselves but still proof would be good.

Reactions: 9
Does ptwm not come under this description?
Definition from Action Fraud.
Can you send them an email with Rachaeles details and explain everyoneā€™s concerns? You could even give the link for this thread so they can see how many people are concerned about this.

Reactions: 4
I would absolutely enquire more about this so that she HAS to give people the information. I just donā€™t understand what people are donating money to? Why not donate directly to the charity? Why should she be paid? It doesnā€™t make any sense.

Itā€™s shady as hell and even more shady thatā€™s she is secretive about it. Could you imagine if this was a real life situation say in your work place and this was a colleague? Of course you would be suspicious. People have very right to be suspicious when they are not getting answers!!

This is peoples hard earned money they are donating..... they have a right to know how its spent!!! She should at least be sending out newsletters with updates etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I would absolutely enquire more about this so that she HAS to give people the information. I just donā€™t understand what people are donating money to? Why not donate directly to the charity? Why should she be paid? It doesnā€™t make any sense.

Itā€™s shady as hell and even more shady thatā€™s she is secretive about it. Could you imagine if this was a real life situation say in your work place and this was a colleague? Of course you would be suspicious. People have very right to be suspicious when they are not getting answers!!

This is peoples hard earned money they are donating..... they have a right to know how its spent!!! She should at least be sending out newsletters with updates etc etc
You would be so suspicious if a colleague asked for donations to PayPal to help people rather than JustGiving where is goes directly to the charity.

I have a horrible feeling that legally she is covered regardless of where the money goes because they are donations to a personal account and as such donā€™t have to be regulated or accounted for. The authorities would probably just highlight the wording of her pleas and clarify to people who donate that they are doing so voluntarily. I expect she is keeping quiet because she knows that legally thereā€™s nothing anyone can do but morally if she came clean people would be disgusted and stop donating.

Reactions: 5
Iā€™m very confused about what she actually does with the PayPal money. To me, these are the options...

1) she uses the money to give directly to the charities mentioned on her page when they are actively helping her warriors and takes a small percentage of the donations to cover her time in both doing so and working with the warrior in the first place (as stated on the PayPal page. The problem with this scenario is that so far over half of the charities have not received any donations.

2) She takes a small percentage of the money (as stated) and uses the rest to directly fund things for her warriors, things like buying them clothes and food and somewhere to stay. Etc. I think I remember her doing an instastory of her writing a personal cheque out to someone along these lines. This scenario is troublesome for two reasons. Firstly, why mention the charities you work with directly on a donation page if the money doesnā€™t go to/through them and secondly, isnā€™t writing a cheque to someone in a vulnerable position like that, especially someone youā€™ve never met a bit of a risk? Who is to say that the money is being spent where it needs to be, and it results in Rachaele (and the actual donors) being open to people claiming they need help for x,y,z and pocketing cash they really donā€™t need.

3) Rachaele takes a much larger percentage than she would really like people to know about and the PayPal account is used largely to fund her time in replying to warriors that message her and the admin involved in pointing them in the right directions. This, again, has itā€™s problems. Mainly, that the money isnā€™t being distributed to the charities mentioned on the PayPal page. Also, wouldnt that be like me settin up a PayPal so I can directly help suicidal people and then when those people get in contact with me I give them the Samaritans number? Plus, Iā€™m sure a lot of the people who donate would not be very happy with their money being spent in this capacity.

4) Rachaele takes pretty much the whole of what it donated to the PayPal page with very little/nothing going to the warriors.

Realistically only the first one/first two of those could be seen as a reasonable use of the funds, even though both have issues (one being charities confirming lack of payments, and two being blindly giving out donations to people; thereā€™s a reason charities donā€™t do this!).

I think when the initial question was raised here about where the money goes most people felt like it could be number two, perhaps a bit of number three. But as time has gone on and no evidence has been produced to say exactly where itā€™s going, how much, what itā€™s being used for (remember, she has an accountant, donā€™t you know, so the information should be readily available), people are beginning to suspect that itā€™s actually much worse than originally thought.

Iā€™m not saying that the money is funding her lifestyle, I donā€™t know. But until I have proof that it isnā€™t, Iā€™m going to suspect that it is.

Reactions: 11
Found really great info on the consumer trade website.

More info on here too https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0074-giving-charity

Is she in a loophole because sheā€™s not claiming to be a charity herself?

You would be so suspicious if a colleague asked for donations to PayPal to help people rather than JustGiving where is goes directly to the charity.

I have a horrible feeling that legally she is covered regardless of where the money goes because they are donations to a personal account and as such donā€™t have to be regulated or accounted for. The authorities would probably just highlight the wording of her pleas and clarify to people who donate that they are doing so voluntarily. I expect she is keeping quiet because she knows that legally thereā€™s nothing anyone can do but morally if she came clean people would be disgusted and stop donating.
Exactly! Thatā€™s my thinking too, she has sussed out there is a loophole about this. But surely because she is mentioning charities they should be making a statement to say that they are no associated with her?

Iā€™m very confused about what she actually does with the PayPal money. To me, these are the options...

1) she uses the money to give directly to the charities mentioned on her page when they are actively helping her warriors and takes a small percentage of the donations to cover her time in both doing so and working with the warrior in the first place (as stated on the PayPal page. The problem with this scenario is that so far over half of the charities have not received any donations.

2) She takes a small percentage of the money (as stated) and uses the rest to directly fund things for her warriors, things like buying them clothes and food and somewhere to stay. Etc. I think I remember her doing an instastory of her writing a personal cheque out to someone along these lines. This scenario is troublesome for two reasons. Firstly, why mention the charities you work with directly on a donation page if the money doesnā€™t go to/through them and secondly, isnā€™t writing a cheque to someone in a vulnerable position like that, especially someone youā€™ve never met a bit of a risk? Who is to say that the money is being spent where it needs to be, and it results in Rachaele (and the actual donors) being open to people claiming they need help for x,y,z and pocketing cash they really donā€™t need.

3) Rachaele takes a much larger percentage than she would really like people to know about and the PayPal account is used largely to fund her time in replying to warriors that message her and the admin involved in pointing them in the right directions. This, again, has itā€™s problems. Mainly, that the money isnā€™t being distributed to the charities mentioned on the PayPal page. Also, wouldnt that be like me settin up a PayPal so I can directly help suicidal people and then when those people get in contact with me I give them the Samaritans number? Plus, Iā€™m sure a lot of the people who donate would not be very happy with their money being spent in this capacity.

4) Rachaele takes pretty much the whole of what it donated to the PayPal page with very little/nothing going to the warriors.

Realistically only the first one/first two of those could be seen as a reasonable use of the funds, even though both have issues (one being charities confirming lack of payments, and two being blindly giving out donations to people; thereā€™s a reason charities donā€™t do this!).

I think when the initial question was raised here about where the money goes most people felt like it could be number two, perhaps a bit of number three. But as time has gone on and no evidence has been produced to say exactly where itā€™s going, how much, what itā€™s being used for (remember, she has an accountant, donā€™t you know, so the information should be readily available), people are beginning to suspect that itā€™s actually much worse than originally thought.

Iā€™m not saying that the money is funding her lifestyle, I donā€™t know. But until I have proof that it isnā€™t, Iā€™m going to suspect that it is.
Exactly but what would be good to know and what she should be telling people is what exactly is her percentage? And why should she be getting paid if itā€™s charity work?

Attachments

Last edited:

Iā€™m new to this and Iā€™ve been following PTWM since the mothercare post went viral.

Iā€™m pretty much on the fence with this right now, keels was clearly much much too invested in her and her family, even if she does has some valid points.

I never donated but I pretty much always assumed the PayPal thing was so she could help women directly, clearly that brings its own issues, but, just from some past posts about paying for taxis/vans/furniture and such likes, for women who needed to get away ASAP, is what brings me to that conclusion. However everyone is completely right in wanting an explanation as to where these funds have gone, not only because we barely hear anything about helping people nowadays, but also because itā€™s all ads and ā€œlook at meā€ posts.

I too have noticed a MASSIVE lifestyle change, and it almost feels (dare I say it) a bit show offy these days. She used to appeal to people because they could relate, sadly thatā€™s just not the case anymore :(

Reactions: 13
Interesting that the post that Man vs Baby recently put on Insta calling us all bitter jealous twats & Josh & PTWM both commented on has now been deleted šŸ˜‰

Reactions: 8
Sheā€™s still going on about love winning on her most recent post from less than an hour ago. I donā€™t think itā€™s love and kindness, itā€™s blind faith from people who donā€™t believe anyone could direct money meant for DV victims to themselves. Until she releases evidence to the contrary...

Attachments

Reactions: 3
She's been very clever with her wording. It is further back on this thread. But it goes something along the lines of helping her to help others. It immediately gives the impression that she wants to create a pot of money so should one of her 'warriors' need a bed for the night, clothes, taxi fare (you get the idea), then the money will be there ready. In which case it should be registered as a charity and the production of receipts not a problem. Instead I personally feel this pot of money was/is for the purpose of allowing her to give up work and free up time for her to promote charities.

She's been very clever with her wording. It is further back on this thread. But it goes something along the lines of helping her to help others. It immediately gives the impression that she wants to create a pot of money so should one of her 'warriors' need a bed for the night, clothes, taxi fare (you get the idea), then the money will be there ready. In which case it should be registered as a charity and the production of receipts not a problem. Instead I personally feel this pot of money was/is for the purpose of allowing her to give up work and free up time for her to promote charities.
Exactly! So then why doesnā€™t she publicly fundraise instead of people paying directly into her PayPal? She would still raise money, awareness or as you say declare herself a charity because thatā€™s what it is šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Some of you are like MI5 of some sort finding out info.. šŸ˜‚

What angers me is the most is the silence regarding this! If i would ever be accused of something to do with money such as claiming to raise money to help people, donate to charities etc but spending it on a life of luxury, i would be like a dog with a bone, not dropping that damn bone and proving my innocence! I'd hate to be known or accused of scamming and lying to peope in a loophole, legitimate but very sly way..

I'm a survivor of domestic abuse from my childhood which is how and why i followed PTWM for her so called 'good intentions'. There wasnt a lot of help back then and not enough refuges to even give all of the victims a place of safety. Its a massive problem! I was in a refuge in my late teens too. Last year we were going through a very stressful time, the panick attacks and memories from my childhood took its toll. I felt like no one i knew could understand what i felt and what i was going through mentally. I was looking through messeges on my old instagram account and there were 3 messages from myself too PTWM asking for help.. Ididnt get a reply but it has been seen and read! If they want to say they reply to all messeges, Ihave proof that they haven't replied to myself on 3 seperate occasions and also an email from myself, no reply to that either! I still have them messeges now.. They might recieve a tonne of messeges every day but Rachael herself has said she has more than one admin and they regulate all messeges. Others on this PTWM thread have said they have contacted her and also recieved no reply!

Everything that happens in Rachaels life is horrific and oh so upsetting but she has (on purpose) shared information so her 'PTWM crew' have enough info to find out who the people are that she's outted, knowing that her crew will go after them people with a load of abuse! If you work/help in this field (bullying, domestic abuse), why couldnt she be the bigger person, set feelings of upset aside and not 'out' peoples info, knowing they will get abuse from her crew? She cannot rant about bullying and pleading for bullying to stop when SHE HERSELF instigates and points people in the right direction to give others abuse. Two wrongs dont make a right! She cannot talk about stopping bullying but instigate things herself.. or is it the mentality of 'You cant do it to me as its bullying, harrasment and abuse but i can do it to you because of who i am' šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 10
Sheā€™s still going on about love winning on her most recent post from less than an hour ago. I donā€™t think itā€™s love and kindness, itā€™s blind faith from people who donā€™t believe anyone could direct money meant for DV victims to themselves. Until she releases evidence to the contrary...
Well that insta reply just proves where the brown nosing is happening.

Reactions: 1
Last year we were going through a very stressful time, the panick attacks and memories from my childhood took its toll. I felt like no one i knew could understand what i felt and what i was going through mentally. I was looking through messeges on my old instagram account and there were 3 messages from myself too PTWM asking for help.. Ididnt get a reply but it has been seen and read! If they want to say they reply to all messeges, Ihave proof that they haven't replied to myself on 3 seperate occasions and also an email from myself, no reply to that either! I still have them messeges now.. They might recieve a tonne of messeges every day but Rachael herself has said she has more than one admin and they regulate all messeges. Others on this PTWM thread have said they have contacted her and also recieved no reply!
This is so sad and so dangerous. I hope you are in a better place now šŸ’™ you are exactly the person she markets herself to, making out that she will be there in a crisis, with a team and funds to help. The LEAST she should have done is sorted a bounce back message saying something along the lines of: ā€œDue to high volume of messages, unfortunately we are unable to reply to every one; if you are in urgent need of support, please contact:ā€ and then a list of relevant charities and authorities alongside their contact details.

This is why she should not be receiving money to help others. Because she isnā€™t a charity, she doesnā€™t have the knowledge or training to help everyone who approaches her in need and she is ignoring vulnerable people in need - a charity or organisation or relevant authority would not behave in this way and I am shocked that any charity would have anything to do with her and her ā€œpracticeā€.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi all, new person here :)

Iā€™ve spent the last 24 hours reading all 3 threads and wanted to say my bit, ideally to keeley but I see sheā€™s no longer here so hopefully someone who speaks with her can pass it on.

There were a few points in threads 2 and 3 where keels was called obsessive and it was suggested sheā€™s put herself out there so any retaliation is fair game (not exact wording, Iā€™m paraphrasing). I just wanted to say that from what I saw, keels asked at least 3 times for peopleā€™s views on whether or not she should continue. All occasions were met with encouragement. At least once she said she was backing off because she wasnā€™t comfortable. I can honestly say from my perspective that keels has done the right thing by investigating this and good on her. Itā€™s a shame that her article has been removed as Iā€™d have liked to read it.

Everything she posted on here was completely fair and didnā€™t once cross the line. Sheā€™s been open and honest about her own personal life and she certainly didnā€™t deserve to have to go into online hiding because of the backlash.

If thereā€™s nothing to hide, show your hand. Only people who are actively trying to be deceptive react in the way ptwm and her followers have.

I used to like ptwm but unfollowed a while ago for similar reasons as others have already posted, along with Mrs hinch.

Itā€™s a shame the internet has given unscrupulous people a platform to deceive and profit from others good intentions, hopefully we will all in future examine things more closely before parting with money most of us can ill afford.

#teamkeels

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
The more of these comments I read the more I dislike her and realise she is attention seeking, self centred and manipulative. Using vulnerable people for her own financial gain is absolutely disgusting!

MUCH better place now thank you. I think I've mentioned bits of my past on this thread or a previous/old PTWM thread before. Not for attention, but because i'm not ashamed of it. When people are in that frame of mind, they might/will feel like their loved ones will understand so they turn to people such as Rachael who claim to understand and been through it themselves. There will be many vunerable people following her due to feeling like she understands when she actually couldn't give two hoots! I know children are out of bounds in discussions but what i will say is, i have mentioned before how uncomfortable i am of a 40+ year old man flouncing around topless on in his boxers around hormonal teenagers. Personally, i would find that very uncomfortable. Her way of parenting is her own but Rachael needs to realise that the things that goes on, can be triggering to people and also sharing warriors messeges/emails as screenshots on her stories.. i might be going round in circles and repeating myself, but when youve been through DV and you see people potentially being exposed/put them in danger, you cant help but worry about Rachaels 'good intentions' potentionally putting then at risk x

Reactions: 4
New thread name suggestion: Part time working mummy - something funny with the charity money......?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.