Parkrunners, assemble!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was in Köln for a friends “big” birthday a few years ago (there Thursday to Monday) and there were two lads who’d got the latest Friday flight and had an 11:30an flight back, not spending any time in the city at all
Ridiculous. I'll do that if I'm visiting a local one.

There's a group for those of us who rely on public transport for parkrun. Some in there talk about spending all night on a coach for parkruns and back again Saturday.

Call me weird but I do like exploring the city I'm staying in.

Reactions: 1
Ridiculous. I'll do that if I'm visiting a local one.

There's a group for those of us who rely on public transport for parkrun. Some in there talk about spending all night on a coach for parkruns and back again Saturday.

Call me weird but I do like exploring the city I'm staying in.
It’s bizarre, I also do not give a shiny tit about the alphabet challenge and am going to a wedding in Krakow next year, the HORROR that I am not going to the one starting with Z that’s 7 miles out of Krakow or whatever. No I’ll get ratarsed on the lethal amount of vodka they give out at polish weddings and if I’m still alive I’ll shuffle round the one in Krakow. I’ve got a life.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The main U.K. tourist one is unhinged. There are people getting up at 2am to spend 6 hours on trains to do a new parkrun. I wonder how many of them are divorced. The ridiculous trips to this new one on where Father Ted was filmed, the same day return flights to Poland. I want to leave but i sort of can’t… i like to scroll through the insanity occasionally.

And they are such bores as well, I don’t know if anyone else knows who I mean but I think the lady who posts for brunch recommendations on that group is actually funny, and she got told to tone her language down because the admin got complaints? I bet they are fun at parties
Its sort of a hate follow for me, the guy who organised that Ireland trip seems to revel in it, how zany can they get, in fact they set up their own facegroup page, on the trip to Ireland he made sure to finish after 12pm, so he was only the 4th person on the world to do it or some OCD bullshite (on top of his 6th alphabet)

Reactions: 2
And they are such bores as well, I don’t know if anyone else knows who I mean but I think the lady who posts for brunch recommendations on that group is actually funny, and she got told to tone her language down because the admin got complaints? I bet they are fun at parties
Yep, God forbid anyone has a sense of humor.

There's a few people who keep plastering photos of their kids all over that group too. Creepy.

Its sort of a hate follow for me, the guy who organised that Ireland trip seems to revel in it, how zany can they get, in fact they set up their own facegroup page, on the trip to Ireland he made sure to finish after 12pm, so he was only the 4th person on the world to do it or some OCD bullshite (on top of his 6th alphabet)
I’m intrigued to hear more on this story 😂

That group has been going for some time.

What more do you want to know? There are people who chart their own plane to get to the island.

That group has been going for some time.

What more do you want to know? There are people who chart their own plane to get to the island.
Oh sorry, about the man in Ireland being the 4th person to do something…. But not sure what he did 😂

A dog stopped before the first corner today to do a poo (attached to one of the walkers). They do pick their moments 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh sorry, about the man in Ireland being the 4th person to do something…. But not sure what he did 😂
I think it was his 6th alphabet. His wife was the first lady to do 6.

No parkrun for me today. Annoyingly I wasn't well Thursday and yesterday so told my guide runner's wife (as he isn't on Facebook) I wasn't well and wouldn't be there. I'm feeling a bit better and could have gone. But the lie in was welcomed.

No parkrun for me today. Annoyingly I wasn't well Thursday and yesterday so told my guide runner's wife (as he isn't on Facebook) I wasn't well and wouldn't be there. I'm feeling a bit better and could have gone. But the lie in was welcomed.

You may be feeling better because of the lie in. That’s what I always tell myself when I think I could have done something!

🥴🥴🥴 6th alphabet, these people have money to burn!

Love it, RD was even moaning about park run tourist this morning 😂 saying how ridiculous people are getting, mentioned a tourist Nelson challenge….. jeez this is ridiculous.

If I see some weirdo wearing a cow cowl thingie, I quickly move away, I could care less about Sandra doing her 38th Parkrun and getting her 2nd "g"

• Haha
Last time I did my local one a woman actually tripped over her Labrador and needed medical help.
Oh dear. I was once nearly taken out by a mad pointer thing that launched itself over the line at Silksworth. I've seen dogs get into scraps with other dogs, too. Lots of near misses.

I wouldn’t take my dog to it, if you’re running with them I think it’s better when you’re not in a big crowd

Reactions: 4
As much as a lot of people whinged about waist leads being banned we had a lot of issues caused by them when I was RD. I’m sure if used correctly as they are by canicross runners they are safer but I suspect the vast majority of runners with them were not using them correctly

Reactions: 3
We had today at our parkrun, a girl about 12-13 her dad pushing to the max and throwing up 🤮 twice when she crossed the line. We offered them some water, her dad was like she is fine. Tell her to get up off the floor and walk. She was like a ghost, and not steady on her feet at all. Then the dad was saying to her stop been dramatic and walk. 😳 we couldn’t believe it..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
We had today at our parkrun, a girl about 12-13 her dad pushing to the max and throwing up 🤮 twice when she crossed the line. We offered them some water, her dad was like she is fine. Tell her to get up off the floor and walk. She was like a ghost, and not steady on her feet at all. Then the dad was saying to her stop been dramatic and walk. 😳 we couldn’t believe it..
I dread to think what time he pushed her to get round in.
---
Junior park run is supposed to be full of pushy parents.

Oh my heart breaks for the girl 😭😭😭