Parkrunners, assemble!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's 3 nearby. They set up one not long after the pandemic. One is one of the smallest in the UK. Because some of us live closer to the newer one, the smaller one is struggling more and more with volunteers

Weirdly this summer we’ve not struggled at either of ours this year. Even had some tourists volunteering.
---
(Wouldnt know about our other option though, because I don’t like it ha)

Last edited:
The expansion in the U.K. has seriously slowed down, you used to have 1/2 new ones most weeks back in the day (I’ve been parkrunning since Henry Viii was on his first wife).
I think the US if they can get it to take off there, has enormous potential as an expanding market, so imagine it’s the overseas ones that will get the focus now
Not here in France. We've not been allowed to hold them for over a year due to an ongoing dispute about medical certificates being required. We've all been contesting the parkrun HQ decision but they're refusing to budge.

Literally someone at my park run has taken 5 roles on our future roster weeks ahead…. These are roles which can do and take part in park run aswel so leaving only roles to undertake available and also not get a time… I get if it’s same week then feel ya boots but 3/4 weeks ahead give others a chance.

Literally someone at my park run has taken 5 roles on our future roster weeks ahead…. These are roles which can do and take part in park run aswel so leaving only roles to undertake available and also not get a time… I get if it’s same week then feel ya boots but 3/4 weeks ahead give others a chance.
Surely it’s better to have volunteer spots filed than not? We have a lot of people who do this at my local

But it's annoying when it's the same people every week. (I do understand the same person volunteering to guide run as it's not the easiest role. But give others a chance to tail walk, etc)

Reactions: 2
I’ve stumbled across a mad facebook group where a tshirt has been printed for people to wear on their 250th run. You can book it for your run and someone posts it out for you to wear 🤦🏼‍♀️
Oh yummy everyone wants a T-shirt that multiple other people have already sweated in 🤢

I know you can wash it, but….

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Surely it’s better to have volunteer spots filed than not? We have a lot of people who do this at my local
I see where you are coming from, but I also can’t see why others can’t wait until the week before adding themselves to multiple roles if struggling. In a couple weeks time I wanted to volunteer and get a good time in but the only role left to do is tail walk, this week id of been happy to do a pre or post role but I can’t because one person has already fulfilled them.

Reactions: 2
I’ve stumbled across a mad facebook group where a tshirt has been printed for people to wear on their 250th run. You can book it for your run and someone posts it out for you to wear 🤦🏼‍♀️
There's a few of those about. I can't see the sense or appeal personally.

Reactions: 1
I see where you are coming from, but I also can’t see why others can’t wait until the week before adding themselves to multiple roles if struggling. In a couple weeks time I wanted to volunteer and get a good time in but the only role left to do is tail walk, this week id of been happy to do a pre or post role but I can’t because one person has already fulfilled them.
ahh I didn’t get that they were doing all the roles, I thought you meant they had signed up for something for 5 weeks! Doing everything is definitely not on. There’s not even any benefit to it!!

Reactions: 1
I went to a parkrun last week (was holidaying nearby) and there were two groups of runners who had flown into the city for the day. I like a bit of parkrun tourism and visiting new places when I'm nearby with family or travelling short distances with friends, but it highlighted that a daytrip by plane is definitely a step too far for me.

Reactions: 3
Some of the Facebook parkrun groups are absolutely nuts
The main U.K. tourist one is unhinged. There are people getting up at 2am to spend 6 hours on trains to do a new parkrun. I wonder how many of them are divorced. The ridiculous trips to this new one on where Father Ted was filmed, the same day return flights to Poland. I want to leave but i sort of can’t… i like to scroll through the insanity occasionally.

And they are such bores as well, I don’t know if anyone else knows who I mean but I think the lady who posts for brunch recommendations on that group is actually funny, and she got told to tone her language down because the admin got complaints? I bet they are fun at parties

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I draw the line at getting a train at 7. Any earlier and I'd rather get a hotel for the night

I went to a parkrun last week (was holidaying nearby) and there were two groups of runners who had flown into the city for the day. I like a bit of parkrun tourism and visiting new places when I'm nearby with family or travelling short distances with friends, but it highlighted that a daytrip by plane is definitely a step too far for me.
I was in Köln for a friends “big” birthday a few years ago (there Thursday to Monday) and there were two lads who’d got the latest Friday flight and had an 11:30an flight back, not spending any time in the city at all

It was the lady who posted her alphabet top yesterday with her barcode on it bragging it was scannable….. well done, so is the one on my keys but I don’t need to brag.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It was the lady who posted her alphabet top yesterday with her barcode on it bragging it was scannable….. well done, so is the one on my keys but I don’t need to brag.
I’m not scanning anyone’s sweaty t-shirt. It’s bad enough having to kneel down in the mud when the bar code is attached to their shoe laces!

• Haha
Reactions: 4