Paris Hilton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like to hear what a professional has to say about teens like Paris, who are completely out of control.

She had several issues root themselves as problems later, she was spoilt and denied at the same time. In the docu Nicky says how just about everything was forbidden, the parents were extremely strict and the girls had stricter curfews than their peers.
At the same time Paris received a credit card without a limit for her bday (16?) and shopped so much, the bills were massive, which is why Nicky got a credit card with a limit later at the same age (this was not said in the docu).

Then the home video of one Xmas, the girls are teens and Paris received a Chanel flap and dropped it like it was worthless and wouldn't really answer her dad on the video. I think that showed a lot how broken she was.

On one hand I have sympathy for parents whose kids go totally bananas off the rails and they don't know what to do.
On the other hand Kathy came off like an ass and I just think she was a shyte parent.

Paris was sent to several boot camps and she told her parents how abusive they were and she promised she wouldn't party anymore etc and they didn't listen at all and in the end sent her to Utah (the last "boarding school"/boot camp of her life, which was the most abusive).
The parents knew and yet Kathy pretends like she didn't and like some of it she's hearing for the first time. When those years were the topic, you could see how she was calculating what she'd say.
The fact that Provo kidnaps kids to get them to that school is just so fcked up I don't understand how any parent can even entertain the idea to enroll their child.
That kidnapping alone is enough to duck up a child's relationship with their parents for life.

Provo now has kids as young as 8, I mean wtf???? Why would an 8 year old even need a "corrective" school?

I think most kids go off the rails because of tit parenting, but with some it does seem out of the blue.
Schools like these are never the answer, however.

Why didn't the Hiltons send Paris to therapy?

When she turnt 18 she was free to leave the school and I think, even though she loves to party, she did a lot of it as a "duck you" to her parents and did things to spite them and I can't blame her at all.

I've never been a fan of Paris or any of the Hiltons, but I've found Paris and Nicky very likeable in that docu and I have tons of sympathy for Paris.

It is well worth watching.
For those who are hesitant because of the abuse and the stories around that, the docu centres around that topic later on.
The first bit is fine to watch for anyone, the abuse stories come in around.. not sure, half point?

Reactions: 19
I would like to hear what a professional has to say about teens like Paris, who are completely out of control.

She had several issues root themselves as problems later, she was spoilt and denied at the same time. In the docu Nicky says how just about everything was forbidden, the parents were extremely strict and the girls had stricter curfews than their peers.
At the same time Paris received a credit card without a limit for her bday (16?) and shopped so much, the bills were massive, which is why Nicky got a credit card with a limit later at the same age (this was not said in the docu).

Then the home video of one Xmas, the girls are teens and Paris received a Chanel flap and dropped it like it was worthless and wouldn't really answer her dad on the video. I think that showed a lot how broken she was.

On one hand I have sympathy for parents whose kids go totally bananas off the rails and they don't know what to do.
On the other hand Kathy came off like an ass and I just think she was a shyte parent.

Paris was sent to several boot camps and she told her parents how abusive they were and she promised she wouldn't party anymore etc and they didn't listen at all and in the end sent her to Utah (the last "boarding school"/boot camp of her life, which was the most abusive).
The parents knew and yet Kathy pretends like she didn't and like some of it she's hearing for the first time. When those years were the topic, you could see how she was calculating what she'd say.
The fact that Provo kidnaps kids to get them to that school is just so fcked up I don't understand how any parent can even entertain the idea to enroll their child.
That kidnapping alone is enough to duck up a child's relationship with their parents for life.

Provo now has kids as young as 8, I mean wtf???? Why would an 8 year old even need a "corrective" school?

I think most kids go off the rails because of tit parenting, but with some it does seem out of the blue.

When she turnt 18 she was free to leave the school and I think, even though she loves to party, she did a lot of it as a "duck you" to her parents and did things to spite them and I can't blame her at all.

I've never been a fan of Paris or any of the Hiltons, but I've found Paris and Nicky very likeable in that docu and I have tons of sympathy for Paris.

For those who are hesitant because of the abuse and the stories around that, the docu centres around that topic later on.
The first bit is fine to watch for anyone, the abuse stories come in around.. not sure, half point?
The Chanel purse drop too was a huge indicator to me that something was wrong... I don't think she came across as spoilt in that scene but broken, it was while the abuse was happening. It was like her parents were trying to BUY her affection instead of showing her care. A lot of wealthy parents do that.

I wouldn't blame Paris if she went completely no contact with her parents... having her "kidnapped" was absolutely evil. No wonder Paris doesn't trust them. How a parent could stand by and let that happen is beyond me.

I also thought it was odd, that when Paris was talking about the abuse she suffered at the school, Nicky said "so are you going to apologise to our parents about your behaviour?" and Paris said: "no." I don't blame her. It shows how they were raised, in the sense that although Paris was talking about something so traumatic, Nicky's first thought was to apologise.

Apparently Kathy and her sisters were raised in a very abusive household... which is maybe why she didn't show much emotion when Paris was talking about it. She is horrible, like a careless robot but I wonder if it is because that was how she was raised? There is speculation that their mother Kathleen Richards, tried to pimp the girls out. So gross.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...elling-author-reveals-reality-star-rehab.html

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The Chanel purse drop too was a huge indicator to me that something was wrong... I don't think she came across as spoilt in that scene but broken, it was while the abuse was happening. It was like her parents were trying to BUY her affection instead of showing her care. A lot of wealthy parents do that.

I wouldn't blame Paris if she went completely no contact with her parents... having her "kidnapped" was absolutely evil. No wonder Paris doesn't trust them. How a parent could stand by and let that happen is beyond me.

I also thought it was odd, that when Paris was talking about the abuse she suffered at the school, Nicky said "so are you going to apologise to our parents about your behaviour?" and Paris said: "no." I don't blame her. It shows how they were raised, in the sense that although Paris was talking about something so traumatic, Nicky's first thought was to apologise.

Apparently Kathy and her sisters were raised in a very abusive household... which is maybe why she didn't show much emotion when Paris was talking about it. She is horrible, like a careless robot but I wonder if it is because that was how she was raised? There is speculation that their mother Kathleen Richards, tried to pimp the girls out. So gross.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...elling-author-reveals-reality-star-rehab.html
Big Kathy seemed very odd indeed, Kyle seems to worship her but I remember when she bragged that she met Andy Warhol at Studio 54, when her mum used to take her there clubbing.
She was 11 at the time. 😢

And Kim Richards the other sister is a total mess, she basically got sold to a studio as a child star, and you know how that usually turns out.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I watched the doc a few days ago, it’s incredibly sad! All she wanted was her parents to listen to her, but they kept shipping her off. The thought of being “kidnapped” in the night to be taken somewhere unknown is horrific, and worse that her parents arranged it. I really feel for Paris.

Reactions: 8
Big Kathy seemed very odd indeed, Kyle seems to worship her but I remember when she bragged that she met Andy Warhol at Studio 54, when her mum used to take her there clubbing.
She was 11 at the time. 😢

And Kim Richards the other sister is a total mess, she basically got sold to a studio as a child star, and you know how that usually turns out.
This probably shows my age but I love your username 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Yes big Kathy (Paris’s grandma) pimped her girls out. “House of Hilton” is a great trashy read about the family.

Reactions: 6
I have not paid a lot of attention to Paris as of late, she seemed to fade away from the limelight. I see she has a new documentary on Youtube where she talks about the abuse she suffered. I am going to watch it today. Anyone else?
Same as you. Watched it yesterday. Really good and so insightful. I won’t spoil it for you, just totally recommend it.

Reactions: 2
I watched it the other night! I don’t believe for a second that her mum didn’t know what that place was like. I remember watching that channel 4 show years ago -brat camp? And some of the kids on that seemed utterly broken by their wilderness behaviour schools and that must have been the schools on their best behaviour for the camera crew.

I didn’t expect to feel sorry for Paris, and I didn’t actually know that the sex tape was released without her consent. Surely that’s illegal these days?

If you look at Kathy’s sister Kyles children, they are well adjusted. I think Kathy is cold. All the videoing and calling Paris ‘Star’ all the time. She couldn’t breath and expres
I watched it the other night! I don’t believe for a second that her mum didn’t know what that place was like. I remember watching that channel 4 show years ago -brat camp? And some of the kids on that seemed utterly broken by their wilderness behaviour schools and that must have been the schools on their best behaviour for the camera crew.

I didn’t expect to feel sorry for Paris, and I didn’t actually know that the sex tape was released without her consent. Surely that’s illegal these days?
i didn’t expect to either but it shows you she had all that money and she’s a sad, lonely girl. I felt her sister and Mum resented her. And when she said she’ll stop when she makes a billion, that is sad too.

If you look at Kathy’s sister Kyles children, they are well adjusted. I think Kathy is cold. All the videoing and calling Paris ‘Star’ all the time. She couldn’t breath and expres

i didn’t expect to either but it shows you she had all that money and she’s a sad, lonely girl. I felt her sister and Mum resented her. And when she said she’ll stop when she makes a billion, that is sad too.
She seems incredibly sad. What a horrible life to have.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

Wouldn't surprise me at all given what we see of Kyle and Kim.

Reactions: 5

It really is, because when you push off your personal life in favour of material goals, it shows that something's wrong.
I kept thinking that the whole time she said it (esp because at that point that's clear to any armchair psychologist as her abuse was detailed prior to that), but when she said that she'd said the same only with "100 mil" as goal, that was confirmation.

She reaches her goal/time frame and then moves the post to not have to deal with her past.

That said I've read for ages that she's made an empire and wow has she!
I was also very suprised to learn how much stuff she has going and how successful she is, because she isn't in the media as much and I haven't seen her perfume anywhere in ages (not that I've looked, might be right there on the shelves and I keep glossing it over).

The way she detailed the sex video and how it happened also broke my heart.
Brought real perspective, the same for Monica Lewinsky btw, her speeches regarding her brutal treatment by press and people was also eye opening.

Quite disturbing when you consider that others (K Kardash fam) deliberately made a video and sold it for fame.
And that others *ahem ahem (K/Jen)* claim to be billionaires but aren't and that Paris alone still makes more than they do. Made me happy tbh.

Edit: Oh and the K/J clan have turnt themselves into blow up dolls and their whole image is sex and Paris never was that and never turnt to that, either.

It really is, because when you push off your personal life in favour of material goals, it shows that something's wrong.
I kept thinking that the whole time she said it (esp because at that point that's clear to any armchair psychologist as her abuse was detailed prior to that), but when she said that she'd said the same only with "100 mil" as goal, that was confirmation.

She reaches her goal/time frame and then moves the post to not have to deal with her past.

That said I've read for ages that she's made an empire and wow has she!
I was also very suprised to learn how much stuff she has going and how successful she is, because she isn't in the media as much and I haven't seen her perfume anywhere in ages (not that I've looked, might be right there on the shelves and I keep glossing it over).

The way she detailed the sex video and how it happened also broke my heart.
Brought real perspective, the same for Monica Lewinsky btw, her speeches regarding her brutal treatment by press and people was also eye opening.

Quite disturbing when you consider that others (K Kardash fam) deliberately made a video and sold it for fame.
And that others *ahem ahem (K/Jen)* claim to be billionaires but aren't and that Paris alone still makes more than they do. Made me happy tbh.

Edit: Oh and the K/J clan have turnt themselves into blow up dolls and their whole image is sex and Paris never was that and never turnt to that, either.
Kim Kardashian used Paris. Paris has grafted for her fortune. Even her voice seemed strange. And the daft act she puts on, it’s sad.

Just watched this.

In my late teens/early 20s the ‘new’ celeb world was emerging. We had Perez Hilton, DListed, Lindsay, Paris, Nicole, Britney...a whole new world of online gossip emerging.

I - rightly or wrongly - always thought of her as a massively rich heiress who partied her way through life and just did whatever she was doing on a whim because she could.

Having now watched this documentary I feel incredibly sad and incredibly impressed by her. It’s a life that I certainly couldn’t lead.

Aleks was just awful to her at TomorrowLand andI feel we now have some insight as to why she hasn’t settled down yet.

On a side note - I loved seeing Kim K featured when she was still Paris’ assistant / ‘friend’ 😂

Lastly - well done to Paris and her ex school friends for raising awareness of that awful institution they were sent to.

Phew - that was a lot of writing - I’m going to watch the video of Stars Are Blind to recover 🤣🤣🤣

Have to add - can we please appreciate the greatness that is ‘Nothing In This World’ 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 13