Parenting Hell Podcast #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't have any kids, so can't really comment.

Just wondering about the thoughts on Tuesday's episode when Josh said he wouldn't be able to do the car journey alone.

Reactions: 2

Just wondering about the thoughts on Tuesday's episode when Josh said he wouldn't be able to do the car journey alone.
Thought it was a bit weird. I mean it's a long journey so not ideal, I've done 3 or 4 hours alone when my husband's been at work with no issues, and mine are very close in age. We also don't have tablets in the car due to travel sickness so I survive with food old-fashioned car bingo, awful music choices and service stops with parks for 10 minutes! I definitely would avoid it if poss.

Reactions: 5
Oh don’t get me wrong, I find Josh to be a big walking ick for many reasons and not least his level of helplessness when it comes to doing anything on his own. I would hazard a guess though that when he works away the nannies / babysitters / MIL are utilised just as much as he does it.

His admission that he had never in his adult life worked out how to do laundry so Rose just does it all was a big red flag to me, I’m sure there are jobs he does that she won’t do but my sense is that there’s a big difference between could do it if you had to / wouldn’t know where to start. It’s not like he was 18 when they got together!

It made me laugh as a single mum of 3, welcome to the real world. I felt so capable 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7

As someone who has done a 26hr flight on my own with a toddler, I eyerolled

Reactions: 6

I typically eye-roll at these comments from Josh 😂 Things are only ever as hard as you make them. Sure, if you had the choice of what to do with a day no one would actively opt for a long car journey with two small kids, but if it's gotta be done you do it; ideally well prepared and with a good attitude so it feels fun and easy from the outset. Going into it stressed and flapping achieves nothing but making sure everyone involved is highly strung 😂

Reactions: 4
I didn't get why he just didn't take them on the train which is less than half the time of driving? When rob mentioned it he brushed it off and said oh not with the kids.

Reactions: 3
I listened to the luanna episode and god I dunno how anyone enjoyed it. The constant talking over each other was horrendous.

Thought it was a bit weird. I mean it's a long journey so not ideal, I've done 3 or 4 hours alone when my husband's been at work with no issues, and mine are very close in age. We also don't have tablets in the car due to travel sickness so I survive with food old-fashioned car bingo, awful music choices and service stops with parks for 10 minutes! I definitely would avoid it if poss.
I think people in general are pathetic about car journeys with kids, I'm always seeing people wanting to stop off somewhere to break up a 2 hr journey. Why?! Just get to where you're going!

Reactions: 8
---
They wouldn't have a car down there then as I don't think Rose drives? Last year they were talking about her having lessons. Cornwall is bloody limiting with no car and 2 small kids. I assumed he was hamming it up and took the MIL because she also wanted to spend time with her daughter and grandkids.

I didn't get why he just didn't take them on the train which is less than half the time of driving? When rob mentioned it he brushed it off and said oh not with the kids.
[/QUOTE

LOVED the episode today. Would happily have just them talking every week, with the odd celeb comedian guest who is one of their mates (ie has good rapport with them) like Romesh etc.

Reactions: 19
Finally caught up and have had to turn the LuAnna episode off. Luisa interrupted far too much for me and its definitely a "pay attention to me" interruption rather than providing additional content or anecdotes ti the story. Which is a shame as I'd have been a lot more interested in what Anna has to say if she'd been on her own...

I find myself agreeing with Louisa regarding silly uni courses. I know so many people who have degrees in utter nonsense and have never gone on to work in that field. The degrees are fine of course but I don't believe tax payers should be funding them.

Everyone that takes umbrage over that viewpoint usually has a nonsense degree!

I hated how they all spoke over each other and I wish the interviews were once a month.
Tax payers aren’t funding them - free university education and grants to live off disappeared 25 years ago. (No I don’t have a nonsense degree - maths).

Reactions: 12
Alison Hammond, great. I hadn’t seen or heard her on anything for at least 3 minutes before I saw she was this weeks guest.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Alison Hammond, great. I hadn’t seen or heard her on anything for at least 3 minutes before I saw she was this weeks guest.
I really enjoyed today’s episode. Felt it was more of just friends chatting rather than an interview to promote anything

Reactions: 15
I know Alison gets a bit of stick and people are a bit fed up with her, but I think she’s a good egg really. And seems to know “this” probably won’t last forever and so she’s banking that cash, which is fair enough!

Reactions: 20
Oh how cute was Josh this morning getting all emotional talking about ET! Always nice to hear more from the lovely Michael too ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 7