Parenting Hell Podcast #2 Our boys sold out the O2, and we know you read here Lou!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I listened and found it interesting! I didn’t know much about him or any controversy though.

Did he explain why they chose to have the 2 so close together? I was running around after my 1 year old whilst listening so think I missed it! I can understand wanting 2 close together but going for a second pregnancy when surragate one is still pregnant sounds utterly bonkers to me 😂

I listened and found it interesting! I didn’t know much about him or any controversy though.

Did he explain why they chose to have the 2 so close together? I was running around after my 1 year old whilst listening so think I missed it! I can understand wanting 2 close together but going for a second pregnancy when surragate one is still pregnant sounds utterly bonkers to me 😂
It was something along the lines that their friends told them dealing with a toddler and a baby was really hard so they somehow decided that two at once would be easier.... One baby was then premature etc so there was an age gap. I found his books quite interesting and thought the episode was ok too.

Reactions: 2
I’d like them to have some of the newer comedians on that are big on insta, George Lewis (think that’s his nene), Josh Pugh and Jack Skipper. All have kids and a fairly big following.

In saying that, I would like to see more women on but sadly it feels like there are just way more male comedians that make it.

Reactions: 4
I’d like them to have some of the newer comedians on that are big on insta, George Lewis (think that’s his nene), Josh Pugh and Jack Skipper. All have kids and a fairly big following.

In saying that, I would like to see more women on but sadly it feels like there are just way more male comedians that make it.
They do need more women but they don’t need to be comedians

I don’t know if it was discussed, I might have left the room at the time. He mentioned that both he and his partner deposited a specimen. Is he the father of one child, and his partner the father of the other?

I’m really sorry for the way this is worded - obviously they are both, both children’s parents. I just meant DNA-wise and didn’t know a better way to word it!
It’s not unusual when there are two dads doing surrogacy that the specimens are mixed before insemination, so that it’s a bit of a lottery who the biological father ends up being. They may or may not choose to know for sure because, as you say, they are both the parents raising the child.

In some cases it will of course be obvious who the child resembles, although depending on circumstances they may also choose a surrogate who bears a resemblance… I feel like I read about this when Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka had their twins? Who both manage to look like both of their dads somehow… genetics are so weird!

He also said his partner grew up very close in age with his siblings and loved it so they wanted to replicate that. Said in surrogacy it’s called a Tandem Journey.

I thought he got better in the second half, and I thought he was very genuine about wanting kids to have access to books, but he’s not for me.

But loved the representation of someone who has a had a different journey to being a parent, would love more of that.

Reactions: 5
He also said his partner grew up very close in age with his siblings and loved it so they wanted to replicate that. Said in surrogacy it’s called a Tandem Journey.

I thought he got better in the second half, and I thought he was very genuine about wanting kids to have access to books, but he’s not for me.

But loved the representation of someone who has a had a different journey to being a parent, would love more of that.
I hadn’t heard of him previously (well, I’d heard of his books but never read them), and I really liked how he will only attended talks at private schools if other local schools can attend too.

Reactions: 8

Josh Pugh has already been on it I think?

Reactions: 1
I’d like them to get boris Johnson on and see if he knows how many kids he’s got.
Nick Cannon would need to be a feature long episode 😂😂
---
It’s not unusual when there are two dads doing surrogacy that the specimens are mixed before insemination, so that it’s a bit of a lottery who the biological father ends up being. They may or may not choose to know for sure because, as you say, they are both the parents raising the child.

In some cases it will of course be obvious who the child resembles, although depending on circumstances they may also choose a surrogate who bears a resemblance… I feel like I read about this when Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka had their twins? Who both manage to look like both of their dads somehow… genetics are so weird!
Thanks for taking the time to explain it. It's not an area I am well versed it! ❤

Last edited:
Same here, I really enjoyed it but don’t know anything about him. He was nice about his surrogate too I thought, saying that she was a really close friend. Also didn’t he also say he wanted his children to grow up around women? Thought that was a nice thought.

Just listened to the Scarlett Moffat episode. I really like her! Sounds like she’s really enjoying it and nice to hear someone enjoy it rather than some people (Kate Lawler) who try to make it seem more normal to hate it.
---

They did an episode with Josh Pugh. It was good! Can’t remember which series it was.

Just listened to the Scarlett Moffat episode. I really like her! Sounds like she’s really enjoying it and nice to hear someone enjoy it rather than some people (Kate Lawler) who try to make it seem more normal to hate it.
---

They did an episode with Josh Pugh. It was good! Can’t remember which series it was.
Aww I’m annoyed I missed that! Or maybe I listened but didn’t know who he was at the time.

Aww I’m annoyed I missed that! Or maybe I listened but didn’t know who he was at the time.
Yes, it was quite a while back, although I’m sure you’d be able to find it. If I remember, it was a good episode with plenty of banter between them all
---
Yes, it was quite a while back, although I’m sure you’d be able to find it. If I remember, it was a good episode with plenty of banter between them all
s4 e44, July2022 x

---

s4 e44, July2022 x
Cheers I might listen again. Really like him.
---
Really enjoyed today’s episode. Rob was on top form. I enjoy their chats this time of year especially, as so much going on with Christmas. Josh always makes me feel less stressed as he’s more stressed than any of us put together 😁

Reactions: 3
I really don’t understand why Rose is getting furniture for the Cornwall house delivered to their london house though! She has builders there everyday that can take deliveries and it’s massive I’m sure there must be somewhere she can store it!

Reactions: 3
I had to stop listening on the tube today because I was laughing so hard at Josh trying to explain his cat having a medical stroke and not an affectionate stroke 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The lack of sympathy from Rob regarding Josh’s cat dying was quite awful I thought… maybe I’m just being sensitive but if my pet had been put to sleep I wouldn’t really want it to be a big joke 🙈

Reactions: 9
The lack of sympathy from Rob regarding Josh’s cat dying was quite awful I thought… maybe I’m just being sensitive but if my pet had been put to sleep I wouldn’t really want it to be a big joke 🙈
Thought the same! Well I was thinking wow if that was two women talking, Rob would have given an ‘aww sorry about your cat’ at the very least. I know they have to keep it funny and light but poor Josh, he was distraught. Although he was going along with the laughs bless him!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.