Pam and Tommy (Disney plus)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's 8 episodes but I think it probably should have been 6 as it started to feel drawn out at times

Overall though really enjoyed it, I thought it was fairly sensitively handled and showed the devestating affect something like this has on people. Disagree with most on here, I thought lily james was brilliant and at times I thought I was watching Pamela, she really nailed some of her looks and mannerisms. Helped by make up and costume department.

Great soundtrack too and the production design really evoked the 90s.

Reactions: 7
I enjoyed it. Didnt really know much about events around the tape.
I'd never heard of Sebastian Stan before but was impressed

Reactions: 3
It's 8 episodes but I think it probably should have been 6 as it started to feel drawn out at times

Overall though really enjoyed it, I thought it was fairly sensitively handled and showed the devestating affect something like this has on people. Disagree with most on here, I thought lily james was brilliant and at times I thought I was watching Pamela, she really nailed some of her looks and mannerisms. Helped by make up and costume department.

Great soundtrack too and the production design really evoked the 90s.
Yep, thought it was fantastic acting on her part, didn't even know it was her!

I think the show fails in how much nudity and sex scenes (and that godawful prolonged "talking dick" scene) there were. As we likely have all found out, Pamela didn't consent to the series, and it probably will mean the tape gets more interest to a new generation unfortunately. It just seemed really tasteless for them to show her "character" in such situations, once again basically violating her instead of it being about telling her story and what a mess laws around such content were.

But overall I liked the nostalgia aspect, a world before the internet had taken off and no smartphones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Just finished this- I loved it, but Pamela’s lack of consent for it to be made does trouble me. I feel bad for loving the show as much as I did. I thought Sebastian and lily were both absolutely incredible, the way they brought tenderness amongst the obvious dysfunction of their relationship felt real - it ended awfully but like so many relationships started out fairytale. Hope they get some award recognition for those performances.

Reactions: 6