Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fudgebox

VIP Member
Really enjoying it! I just can’t believe it’s Lily James it doesn’t look like her at all!
And I kinda fancy Tommy even if he is a dick but it might just be because I love Sebastian Stan 😅🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’m enjoying it so far. I love Sebastian Stan so I’m fancying him as Tommy in a super weird way 🤣 Lily James wobbles her head so much and her constant moving about and touching her two front teeth with her tongue are doing my head in 😅

Reactions: 7

Mark81

VIP Member
It's 8 episodes but I think it probably should have been 6 as it started to feel drawn out at times

Overall though really enjoyed it, I thought it was fairly sensitively handled and showed the devestating affect something like this has on people. Disagree with most on here, I thought lily james was brilliant and at times I thought I was watching Pamela, she really nailed some of her looks and mannerisms. Helped by make up and costume department.

Great soundtrack too and the production design really evoked the 90s.

blueblueindigo

It's 8 episodes but I think it probably should have been 6 as it started to feel drawn out at times

Overall though really enjoyed it, I thought it was fairly sensitively handled and showed the devestating affect something like this has on people. Disagree with most on here, I thought lily james was brilliant and at times I thought I was watching Pamela, she really nailed some of her looks and mannerisms. Helped by make up and costume department.

Great soundtrack too and the production design really evoked the 90s.
Yep, thought it was fantastic acting on her part, didn't even know it was her!

I think the show fails in how much nudity and sex scenes (and that godawful prolonged "talking dick" scene) there were. As we likely have all found out, Pamela didn't consent to the series, and it probably will mean the tape gets more interest to a new generation unfortunately. It just seemed really tasteless for them to show her "character" in such situations, once again basically violating her instead of it being about telling her story and what a mess laws around such content were.

But overall I liked the nostalgia aspect, a world before the internet had taken off and no smartphones.

Last edited:

Jaybtee

VIP Member
I love pam and think lily james looks like her but theres something missing - she seems so boring!! And pam ISNT!!! Also lily is not really sexy enough i cant put my finger on it

• Heart

mummy_3

Chatty Member
well for "research" I did look it up :unsure: :LOL: It was mainly them just being naked in various places and not much sex for a "sex tape"I get why it was a scandalous thing at the time because no one else had really done that but now every celebrity has a sex tape thats alot raunchier then theirs.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Jennytea

VIP Member
There’s 8 episodes guys? 6 isn’t the finale? They go on weekly

Just on episode 6.. I think it got better after ep 4.. I can’t believe how bad the depositions were and how sexist everyone was towards her 🤮 the questions she was asked are gross

mummy_3

Chatty Member
I had to look away 🤣 and nothing ever bothers me tv wise!
same I couldnt look at it for long. I didnt need that much of a close up really! I still need to watch episode 3 but iv enjoyed the first 2. All I can think is what a knob Tommy Lee was (I love motley crue and Tommy but he was a twat back then wasnt he?!) I know its exaggerated but I felt so bad for Rand when he wasnt paid, TL made such a big deal he was good for the money so why not just pay up?

blueberriesarenice

Just finished this- I loved it, but Pamela’s lack of consent for it to be made does trouble me. I feel bad for loving the show as much as I did. I thought Sebastian and lily were both absolutely incredible, the way they brought tenderness amongst the obvious dysfunction of their relationship felt real - it ended awfully but like so many relationships started out fairytale. Hope they get some award recognition for those performances.

Beaversabout

Chatty Member
I love pam and think lily james looks like her but theres something missing - she seems so boring!! And pam ISNT!!! Also lily is not really sexy enough i cant put my finger on it
Yeah I thought that. Pam is being portrayed as a party girl airhead who is annoying and fidgety..like the constant not sitting still is irritating me if anyone knows what I mean?

Lollylynn

VIP Member
Yeah I thought that. Pam is being portrayed as a party girl airhead who is annoying and fidgety..like the constant not sitting still is irritating me if anyone knows what I mean?
Ye shes kinda portraying her as very ditzy/dull and pam is actually so intelligent and charismatic from what I seen in interviews

Reactions: 5

A Real Fake

Half way through the first episode, really enjoying it so far! Adored Pammy when I was a teenager, wanted to be her so bad 😂

D_Wills

VIP Member
I've just binged the first 3 episodes. Nothing ground breaking but I enjoyed it! But I was a 90s preteen child so I love the nostalgia!