Overrated bands and Artists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't have a music forum without this one lol

Ed Sheeran - Sings tacky pub songs and bad Irish covers.

Adele - All her music sounds the same really. Likes to pull on the heart strings too much for mass appeal

Amy Winehouse - Yes she was good but she was throwing her career away anyway a before she died. Couldn't even finish a gig. I don't think she did enough to earn the 'greats' status

Queen - Have that annoying God-worship status - decent but not great.

Foo Fighters - Had a few good songs early on but now it's just bland festival friendly noise. Even Taylor Hawkins cringed when someone called him a 'rock legend'

Will no doubt think of more
Agree with all these besides Queen. 👏🏻👏🏻

Beyoncé too
I’ll add to this list

Reactions: 5
Stormzy is 72 years old is 72 years old is 72 years old - can’t sing and can barely rap properly
BOY. I watched the Reading performance and yeah... I can't say much for his rapping skills but asking the crowd to sing the singing parts and then joining in with some mumble stuff was so bad to watch

BTS is overrated these days

Reactions: 2
Beyoncé - I just don’t think she is or will be a legend like Whitney, Prince etc of our era. She also forces songwriters to give her writing credits despite having no input, Cathy Dennis is the only one that refused because she doesn’t need Beyoncé. I just think she’s a bit of a fraud really!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
First person to come to mind is motherfucking DRAKE. He’s the rapper for people who don’t like rap music.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Adele
Ed Sheeran
Amy Winehouse

I cannot fathom what there is to enjoy about any of their output.

Reactions: 4
The Weeknd (had potential but is just so basic and overexposed now)
Dave I find a bit cringe, especially now the Guardian are obsessed with him
Kings of Leon
Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian

Reactions: 1
Agree with many of these! I would also like to add Drake to the list. He just sounds like he is moaning, not singing

I like Lewis Capaldi’s personality more than his music. He makes me laugh

I don't know if she counts as overrated but I don't know how Jess Glynne keeps getting booked. Her voice is so profoundly unpleasant to listen to.
I've had the misfortune of seeing Jess Glynne live twice.

I've never liked her... My mum just dragged me along because she loves her

First person to come to mind is motherfucking DRAKE. He’s the rapper for people who don’t like rap music.
I have no idea why Drake is lord and saviour amongst young guys.
I'd struggle to differentiate most of his songs.

Reactions: 1
Glad others agree about Drake

Hate Rod Stewart’s voice too and Jess Glynne

Cheryl Cole or whatever she is known by these days. Can't believe she ever made a single penny opening that gob

Reactions: 8
Just been reminded of Texas. Such a bland, overachieving, middle of the road act. I'm sure they only got as big as they did because Chris Evans kept bigging them up. Maybe he was boffing Sharleen. That performance with Method Man at the Brits was so cringey. I only ever liked one of their songs - Halo.

Strange though that even the artists I wasn't keen on in the 90s give me that warm nostalgic buzz when I hear them now 🤗

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Having spent quite a while being subjected to commercial radio stations in various waiting rooms this week, I just had to add Dido to this thread.

The safest, dullest, most middle-of-the-road music imaginable. The honking voice, the little vocal intonation she used to do at the end of a line, the way she sings "naaa-haaaa want to thank you", or "na won't go, na won't sleep, na can't breath, until you're resting here with me".

😴😴😴

Last edited:
  • Heart
Having spent quite a while being subjected to commercial radio stations in various waiting rooms this week, I just had to add Dido to this thread.

The safest, dullest, most middle-of-the-road music imaginable. The honking voice, the little vocal intonation she used to do at the end of a line, the way she sings "naaa-haaaa want to thank you", or "na won't go, na won't sleep, na can't breath, until you're resting here with me".

😴😴😴
Got very very lucky with Eminem sampling her chorus.

Reactions: 5
Adele, Ed Sheeran, The 1975, Post Malone, Snow Patrol, Kings of Leon, Lana del Rey.

So many...

Last edited: