Overrated bands and Artists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Rolling Stones are the most overrated band in the history of popular music.
Nooooooooooo! Not the Greatest Rock n Roll band of all time, I was so jealous of my grandad for seeing them in the 60s and 70s.
That award goes to the Beatles and Queen. :)

Don't understand the ' musical genius' status with these
Eric Clapton
Jay Z
Bob Dylan
Beyonce
Lady Gaga
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Ramones

At best, wedding singers, at worse, pub karaoke
Dua Lipa
Sam Smith
Ed Sheeran
Harry Styles
Rita Ora
Shakira
Selena Gomez
Lewis Capaldi
Ellie Goulding
Jennifer Lopez
I am totally biased because Bob Dylan is my all time idol. And i love his voice as well as his song writing skills. His legendary status stems from the sheer number of amazing albums he put out one after another, especially in the mid 60's. He was a folk singer who achieved more than anyone, then he went and did it all again when he went electric. Plus Blood on the Tracks is one hell of an album, but in my extremely biased opinion every album he has is like a greatest hits album to me. In 100 years time i reckon people will still be talking about Dylan, and in my biased opinion no one has ever or ever will come close to him in terms of song writing. He is tit live though!! We couldnt understand a word he was singing, but he is 81.
I also love Eric Clapton, but i think its because my dad did so thats what i listened to. I prefer Derek and the Dominoes rather than Cream though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Agree with most on here, I never understand why people go crazy over Beyonce.

Kylie Minogue is another I don't understand why people think she's amazing.

Reactions: 11
Madonna for me - can't stand her

Also, Adele - she has an amazing voice but she only sings miserable songs... Plus I can't help but think this whole 'down to earth' thing is an act. :m

Reactions: 7
Beyconé: simply can't understand why people act like she's the second coming of Christ.

Lewis Capaldi: triggers my misophonia, I have to switch off immediately when he comes on on the radio.

Coldplay: second-hand embarrassment, every time. Same with Kasabian, the Verve, etc. might a German thing, I know several people who think they're sooo speshul for listening to British bands as German and they are so intellectual for it. No, you aren't. It's a song, they sing it. Get over yourself.

Drake: Who is this guy even? I don't think I ever heard actual music, just that apparently he's the most streamed artist.

Jason Derulo: Sandwich love.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
YES! absolutely agree with you on Drake, don't see the fascination? I think it's the 'cool thing' to like Drake...

Reactions: 3
Sorry this is off topic and the opposite of this thread; but the most Underrated singer ever has to be the wonderful Joan Armatrading!! (Although imo Drop the pilot is her worst song). Down to Zero is an absolute gem of a song. :)

• Heart
Sorry this is off topic and the opposite of this thread; but the most Underrated singer ever has to be the wonderful Joan Armatrading!! (Although imo Drop the pilot is her worst song). Down to Zero is an absolute gem of a song. :)
Omg yes... I love love & affection

Maybe we should start a thread for underrated singers!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Love a bit of Green Day! However this is not the unpopular opinion thread so....

David Bowie - just never got it
Prince - as above
Rolling Stones - not heard a huge amount but not impressed by what I have
Robbie Williams - some good songs but overrated in the sense that I think Gary Barlow is a way better singer and songwriter.

^ Aw I love Nirvana!! They had such a unique sound imo.

I agree with the people saying Ed Sheeran. I find him bland and don't see why he's so popular. I remember liking Coldplay around the time they released Parachutes (apparently that's all the way back in 2000). Their music seems to get worse with every album though.

Possibly controversial choice - Paul McCartney. I'm talking about the solo stuff he's done since The Beatles. So boring.

People on the celeb gossip thread were discussing a band called Wet Leg. Maybe they're still too indie to be overrated, but I'll give them a mention anyway because I don't like their music and their band name is terrible. Wet Leg...yuck!

Reactions: 2