Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emerald

VIP Member
I don't know if she counts as overrated but I don't know how Jess Glynne keeps getting booked. Her voice is so profoundly unpleasant to listen to.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Itsjustmesmee

Chatty Member
Beyonce - WTF , why does everyone think she's a queen , I don't get it, never have, she is just one of those celebs that are pushed onto us and we are told how amazing she is, I don't think anyone comes to this opinion by themselves. None of her music is memorable at all

Ed Sheeran - Just don't like him, so whingey

Adele - same as Ed sheeran the whinging , Also more annoying since she lost weight and morphed into an instagram filter , the lip fillers and the constant licking of the lips :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Beyonce: musical porridge.

LadBaby: grifters, fleecing fans 'for charity' and the worst thing to happen to music since Buddy Holly died in a plane crash

Cardi B: Just stop.

• Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Can't have a music forum without this one lol

Ed Sheeran - Sings tacky pub songs and bad Irish covers.

Adele - All her music sounds the same really. Likes to pull on the heart strings too much for mass appeal

Amy Winehouse - Yes she was good but she was throwing her career away anyway a before she died. Couldn't even finish a gig. I don't think she did enough to earn the 'greats' status

Queen - Have that annoying God-worship status - decent but not great.

Foo Fighters - Had a few good songs early on but now it's just bland festival friendly noise. Even Taylor Hawkins cringed when someone called him a 'rock legend'

Will no doubt think of more
Agree with most of that. Foos only had one good album (the first one). Definitely a singles band for me and they get by on the strength of Dave's likeability.

Coldplay - I don't even know how to describe their more recent stuff, other than the fact that I actually cringe inwardly for them.

Adele - I think she has stopped smoking but you can definitely tell she used to. Her foghorn voice is not suited to the belters that she likes to put out.

Ed Sheeran - Just hideous.

Sam Smith - The most dull singer I have ever heard. Forms part of the holy trinity of bland (along with the previous two).

I was once given a lift by a friend of mine. In the car, she gestured towards a pile of CDs and told me to pick one. The choice was Sam Smith, Adele and Ed Sheeran. I died inside.

• Haha

Clementine

VIP Member
First person to come to mind is motherfucking DRAKE. He’s the rapper for people who don’t like rap music.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Sancrow

Coldplay,
People say they don't deserve the hate they get,I think they don't get enough hate,I find their music completely generic,bland and boring,also chris Martin comes across as bit of a tit,I have always been hoping that they would split up,but if they did chris Martin would just go solo and it would sound just the same as Coldplay.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Sam Smith - I’d rather gouge my inner ears out with toothpicks than sit through any of the dirge he’s produced (they, whatever). He comes across as a spoilt brat as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Ed Sheeran. If I hear that shit bad habits song on the radio one. more. time...

• Haha
Reactions: 14

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Just been reminded of George Ezra. I only ever hear his songs in shops, then they get stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Horrible bellowing voice. Sounds like he burps the chorus of that Shotgun song.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

KINGAA

VIP Member
Beyoncé - I just don’t think she is or will be a legend like Whitney, Prince etc of our era. She also forces songwriters to give her writing credits despite having no input, Cathy Dennis is the only one that refused because she doesn’t need Beyoncé. I just think she’s a bit of a fraud really!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I read a comment on Twitter ages ago that said that Sam Smith ‘sings like a bedwetter’ which was so nonsensical it tickled me, but now every time I listen to him it’s all I think of and it’s put me off him anyway 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Agree with most on here, I never understand why people go crazy over Beyonce.

Kylie Minogue is another I don't understand why people think she's amazing.

Reactions: 11

Warpaint

VIP Member
Can't have a music forum without this one lol

Ed Sheeran - Sings tacky pub songs and bad Irish covers.

Adele - All her music sounds the same really. Likes to pull on the heart strings too much for mass appeal

Amy Winehouse - Yes she was good but she was throwing her career away anyway a before she died. Couldn't even finish a gig. I don't think she did enough to earn the 'greats' status

Queen - Have that annoying God-worship status - decent but not great.

Foo Fighters - Had a few good songs early on but now it's just bland festival friendly noise. Even Taylor Hawkins cringed when someone called him a 'rock legend'

Will no doubt think of more

Reactions: 10

GamerLlama87

I find the Beatles really boring 😬🫣 I don't understand the importance of them when people say they're the best band in the world. More than happy to be enlightened but I can't see it myself 😅

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Ollie Murs.

Ollie fucking Murs.
The single blandest male pop star to ever crawl out of the television.

• Haha

rainonme

Chatty Member
Completely agree with you on Ed Sheeran and Adele! Also, Coldplay, Lewis Capaldi and, dare I say it, Dua Lipa. Just very, very average