Oscars 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg on the ITV show the guy on the right is calling ‘the Irish man’ British. wtf. And I’m an NI unionist but it shows their lack of understanding
---

Omg I have sky but not sky movies so could I have watched it without these dick heads?
It’s usually on sky but I don’t know if sky had the coverage this year. We normally only have one UK channel so I presume ITV got it this year!
---
I don’t know why Emma Stone is so shocked. I hated Poor Things as a movie but tbh she would have been absolutely robbed if she hadn’t won!

Reactions: 2
I don’t know why Emma Stone is so shocked. I hated Poor Things as a movie but tbh she would have been absolutely robbed if she hadn’t won!
I thought the same she’s won most of the awards this season too. It’s not like it’s her first Oscar either dramatic cow

Reactions: 4
That is the worst Best Picture announcement I’ve ever seen (and I include Warren Beatty announcing the wrong movie)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
eh was that deliberate that Al Pacino didn't read out any noms and just went straight for the winner? what a frickin mess.

Reactions: 1
eh was that deliberate that Al Pacino didn't read out any noms and just went straight for the winner? what a frickin mess.
They showed the Best Picture noms throughout the night. They didn’t read out the original song noms either as they had all performed

Reactions: 3
They showed the Best Picture noms throughout the night. They didn’t read out the original song noms either as they had all performed
yep just thought he might recap, it's the biggest award. only upstaged in the mess stakes by ITV having Fay Ripley as the best they could get.

yep just thought he might recap, it's the biggest award. only upstaged in the mess stakes by ITV having Fay Ripley as the best they could get.
It just annoyed me that he was like “my eyes are seeing Oppenheimer” and everyone hesitated rather being able to celebrate properly!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm actually going to have to watch oppenheimer, aren't I? cillian looks mesmerising

I'm not happy about this

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I love that Emma got to give her speech as she is a partnership with Christopher but he didn’t get to say anything? Makes me think she is the brains of the operation now

I love that Emma got to give her speech as she is a partnership with Christopher but he didn’t get to say anything? Makes me think she is the brains of the operation now
Wonder if he just let her take it as he already did a speech!

He probably told her to have her turn since he done a speech when he won best director
---
It’s like half seven in LA now that seems so early for the Oscars to be done and dusted😂

He probably told her to have her turn since he done a speech when he won best director
---
It’s like half seven in LA now that seems so early for the Oscars to be done and dusted😂
I’m absolutely delighted they’re finished! This is normally the time I really start to flag and struggle through another two hours and this is a much more reasonable time. Imagine the after parties now as well! :ROFLMAO:

She’s with the kids? Or maybe doesn’t like the shows?
Lots of the actors have kids and still attend.. just think it’s weird that it’s a big night for Ryan with him performing and nominated for an Oscar and she’s not there

The photos in the Daily Mail coverage are all taken from higher than the stage and far away, presumably from the dress circle of the auditorium or similar, but they all look weird as a result, like an audience member sneakily took them. Surely they have pool photographer pictures for an event like this and the pool photographers are right in front of the stage?

Oh no. Please tell me he didn't.
He did. He said that the next two categories are for Best Actor and Best Director and that there was a British hope in both. He could only have meant Cillian Murphy.
In a bit later on he then said 'yes Cillian is Irish. In the past I may have been guilty of saying he was British'. The past? It was 5 minutes ago 😂

Weird leap in logic there. He gave a lengthy speech earlier and was standing away from the mic this time to let her give one of hers, how tf did you get that she's the brains of the operation now from a rambling thank you speech

Weird that Eva Mendes wasn’t there to support Ryan
They are never seen together, why would it be weird them not being seen together for the hundredth time?