Oscars 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the night of the 96th Academy Awards.

I think we can actually watch it live in the UK this year, without needing Sky? It's on ITV from 10.15pm. Although it sounds like it might be some sort of bastardised feed turned into an "Oscars Party" with Jonathan Ross rather than a straight broadcast of the event.

Red Carpet (I think) is due to start on ITVX (only) at 9pm. Not on actual TV.

Any predictions for winners, outfits, fights?

Nominees here

Reactions: 2
looking forward to all the glam!

my only prediction is that Eva mendes will join Gosling on the red carpet/at the show because for some reason she really seems obsessed with being associated with him all Of a sudden after 12/13 years together, her instagram is always now ‘my man this, my man that’ (when previously they rarely mentioned each other)

Trying to watch on itv1 but it's so painfully unfunny and cringe.
I'm too old to be able to stay up and watch the actual ceremony these days 😫

Hoping for some past lives wins 🏆

Trying to watch on itv1 but it's so painfully unfunny and cringe.
I'm too old to be able to stay up and watch the actual ceremony these days 😫

Hoping for some past lives wins 🏆
Yeah. I went on YouTube on the hope they would have but they don’t.
J Ross saying cooper had crocodile tears for Bernstein shows his lack of understanding. He learned to conduct an orchestra for a number of years and immersed himself in the music. I miss Bernstein’s music too.
But I turned off half way through the movie as it bored me lol. I’ll give it another go

Lovely- who is she?

I have just turned ITV on and they went to the red carpet and I have no idea who the 3-4 people they were interviewing were. I don’t watch enough movies now
Anya Taylor-Joy!
---
Yeah. I went on YouTube on the hope they would have but they don’t.
J Ross saying cooper had crocodile tears for Bernstein shows his lack of understanding. He learned to conduct an orchestra for a number of years and immersed himself in the music. I miss Bernstein’s music too.
But I turned off half way through the movie as it bored me lol. I’ll give it another go
I only saw the end of that discussion but I thought he was referring to Bradley crying about how he misses Bernstein in front of Bernstein's children

I'm not staying up, but the ITV coverage is quite cringe so far. The NOWTV coverage has been better in previous years.

Anya Taylor-Joy!
---

I only saw the end of that discussion but I thought he was referring to Bradley crying about how he misses Bernstein in front of Bernstein's children
To be fair I was on my phone so I may have missed the context but I haven’t seen the clip but I don’t believe it was crocodile tears.

I wish they would put a count down on the tv to keep me motivated because this tit is boring. Get to the bloody red carpet at least!

Reactions: 1
My favourite is Past Lives. It's a a somewhat subdued film that kicked me in the guts. Teo Yoo got the BAFTA nomination for it, but nothing from Oscars :(

Reactions: 3
I’ve quite enjoyed the ITV coverage so far.

Can’t believe Emily Blunt’s lovely dress is ruined by the y fronts!

Zendaya looks amazing.

Reactions: 4