Oscars 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weird leap in logic there. He gave a lengthy speech earlier and was standing away from the mic this time to let her give one of hers, how tf did you get that she's the brains of the operation now from a thank you speech

They are never seen together, why would it be weird them not being seen together for the hundredth time?
I literally just gave my reasons why ⬆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Weird leap in logic there. He gave a lengthy speech earlier and was standing away from the mic this time to let her give one of hers, how tf did you get that she's the brains of the operation now from a rambling thank you speech

They are never seen together, why would it be weird them not being seen together for the hundredth time?
To be fair I had a load of wine and am in bed now not sleeping and I must have missed his as I was pausing it and then fast forwarding it for loo breaks but I didn’t think I had missed anything other than the tv panel being annoying

To be fair I had a load of wine and am in bed now not sleeping and I must have missed his as I was pausing it and then fast forwarding it for loo breaks but I didn’t think I had missed anything other than the tv panel being annoying
I kept hopping from ITV to plus one as I missed the beginning and was getting very confused 😂

I thought the whole Oscars (not the Jonathan Ross bit) nipped along relatively swiftly tbf. Not as baggy as usual. I think it worked not constantly showing excerpts for every catagory (I know they did for some).
I did feel a sense of nostalgia that there are so few old school movie 'stars' now. It was nice to see Robert Di Nero and Al Pacino. I wonder how Warren Beatty is as he wasn't there with Annette Benning.

Really strange to live in a world where Emma Stone is a 2x Oscar winner. "Her off Superbad".

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Emma Stone should not have won, imo.

Literally everyone nominated in that category was better than her...the Oscars are such a joke. It feels rigged.

He did. He said that the next two categories are for Best Actor and Best Director and that there was a British hope in both. He could only have meant Cillian Murphy.
In a bit later on he then said 'yes Cillian is Irish. In the past I may have been guilty of saying he was British'. The past? It was 5 minutes ago 😂
Cillian doesn't in general like that 'error" being made. Delighted for him though, he's a local lad around here.

Reactions: 5
Cillian doesn't in general like that 'error" being made. Delighted for him though, he's a local lad around here.
Yeah, thinking about that this morning again. It just shows how poor that panel was. None of them knew anything about anything. Started to tell anecdotes about actors in a particular movie then couldn’t remember the movie.
And re: Cillian- I’m an NI unionist but don’t be a dick and start calling him British. Genuinely don’t know how they did that in this day and age.

Yeah, thinking about that this morning again. It just shows how poor that panel was. None of them knew anything about anything. Started to tell anecdotes about actors in a particular movie then couldn’t remember the movie.
And re: Cillian- I’m an NI unionist but don’t be a dick and start calling him British. Genuinely don’t know how they did that in this day and age.
It's ridiculous that it's done over and over again by some media outlets, and then when it's pointed out they're wrong they act like Irish people are being annoying about it, 'Oh here we go again', yes you eejit here we go again, you keep doing it and the fact you keep doing it and can't see an issue shows they've no understanding or willingness to understand what has been documented between the countries from at least 1100s onwards.

Reactions: 6
I could pick 5 people off the street who would have done better than that panel last night. Maybe that guy from the BBC interview that time who managed to bullshit his way and look halfway credible. I bet he could remember his favourite movie.

• Haha
It's ridiculous that it's done over and over again by some media outlets, and then when it's pointed out they're wrong they act like Irish people are being annoying about it, 'Oh here we go again', yes you eejit here we go again, you keep doing it and the fact you keep doing it and can't see an issue shows they've no understanding or willingness to understand what has been documented between the countries from at least 1100s onwards.
It's offensive and just factually incorrect. Nobody would call Javier Bardem or Penelope Cruz American as an example.

Reactions: 7
It's offensive and just factually incorrect. Nobody would call Javier Bardem or Penelope Cruz American as an example.
Well if it is due to proximity Jonathan Ross may just as well claim French people are British. It's a bizarre, lazy and ignorant lack of knowledge to claim Irish people are British. (Not getting into the whole NI thing where my OH is from, but Cillian is from the South and is proudly Irish).

Funnily enough I'm surprised at JR. I think he is quite intelligent.

Well if it is due to proximity Jonathan Ross may just as well claim French people are British. It's a bizarre, lazy and ignorant lack of knowledge to claim Irish people are British. (Not getting into the whole NI thing where my OH is from, but Cillian is from the South and is proudly Irish).

Yeah, Cillian is well known to be from the Republic. It is lazy and ignorant - incredibly so.

I think JR has been listening to his daughters too much these days

• Haha
I love RDJ finally won this, should of won for Chaplin but old fart Pacino had to have that one, for Tropic Thunder nommed against a dead man.

Reactions: 3
I could pick 5 people off the street who would have done better than that panel last night. Maybe that guy from the BBC interview that time who managed to bullshit his way and look halfway credible. I bet he could remember his favourite movie.
yep should have easily been able to find 4 or 5 film bloggers or even cinema staff who would be more knowledgeable about the year's releases and stars than Fay Ripley and co. Odeon used to encourage staff to be "fanatical about film", I don't know if they still do, or find some people from any number of independent cinemas where they are passionate about cinema. Not difficult.

I love RDJ finally won this, should of won for Chaplin but old fart Pacino had to have that one, for Tropic Thunder nommed against a dead man.
Happy for him and I know he's been through a lot but he seems like a cocky hole to me

Glad Emma won, I like her. Maybe an unpopular opinion but I enjoyed Poor Things. Preferred the book but the movie was well done and visually stunning.

Absolutely elated Cillian won! Nice surprise for Emma winning too, I'm going to make the effort to go see Poor Things at the cinema next week as they're doing an awards season.

I'm glad Robert Downey Jr finally got his Oscar- I wanted him to win for Tropic Thunder. But I agree with what others have said, he's got cockier as the awards season went on. It feels like he's channeling Tony Stark.

The ceremony itself was long and boring in general. The BAFTAs seemed to flow better and were more interesting in general. Ryan Gosling was the highlight of course 🤣