Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It's not for me. My aunty was minding my sister and I when we were 1 and took us to get our ears pierced without my mum's consent 😲 luckily it didn't hurt and I think as children we liked wearing little pretty studs. I wouldn't do it to my daughter though. Unnecessary potential pain and then having a child wear swallow hazards is just a bit weird.

Reactions: 2

Web30

VIP Member
I dont like it. My daugthers 5 and when she starts asking im happy to take her but it really should be the childs choice.

Sandra_1984

So so tacky! I hate seeing babies with their ears pierced. It's cruel, vain on the parent's behalf and just plain nasty.

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Had mine done as a baby, never wore earrings once I could make my own decisions do it was a waste of my parents' money tbh.

Blondie

VIP Member
I know a woman who has all her childrens ears pierced by the time they were 1 years of age.
I am glad to hear everyone disagrees.

I know this woman is a show off and a pusher. She once told me she has a particular radio station on in the car so her daughter can keep up to date with the latest charts.
Her daughter was 3/4 at the time and in nursery 😣😯🤐

• Wow

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’ve had my ears pierced since I was 6 months old. I just always remember having earrings and when I don’t have them in I feel bare. I wouldn’t do it to my own children though, I’d rather wait until they’re older and they tell me if they want it done or not. I didn’t have a choice, and while I like being able to wear nice earrings, I would’ve liked to have made the decision myself.

Katie88

I personally don’t agree with it. I let my daughter choose whether she had them done or not when she was old enough to make the decision herself

Dizzy

VIP Member
I saw the mama edits having her young daughters ears pierced on her stories this week and I thought it was dreadful! Unfollowed as a result. IMO there’s absolutely no need to pierce a child’s/baby’s ears and aside from the pain, i think it looks so chavvy.

BustySinclair

Chatty Member
Agreed with a lot of the comments above - looks chavvy, it’s unnecessary and should be up to the child to choose. No need for a child under 7 (ish) to have their ears pierced.

Reactions: 1

Saltoftheearth

Definitely child abuse in my eyes. If I took any adult against their will to a shop pin them down and have a blunt piece of metal rammed in their ears it would be assault at the very least. But because it’s my little fashion accessory of a child it’s ok? Nahhhh

Piercing with guns should be banned

I wouldn’t expect anything less from that cretin. Disgusting women
I know.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
I've had pierced ears since I was 5 - it was done quite commonly where I'm from, in fact I'd say mine were late :ROFLMAO: Most families did them from toddler age onwars. This was maaany moons ago tho. On babies it seems a bit unnecessary/early, but there are cultural and religious sensibilities to be looked at there.

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I hate seeing babies with pierced ears, personally I think it needs to be outlawed and a minimum age for piercing ears set in law. I think 10 would be a reasonable age. Both my nieces had theirs done aged 7, both suffered multiple infections and ended up having to remove the studs and allow the holes to heal over. They have both been left with a degree of scarring which may make it more difficult for them to be re-pierced when they are older, if they decide that's what they want. I myself was made to wait until I was 16, which pissed me off at the time, but by that age I fully understood the necessity of proper after care and hygiene and because of this my pierced ears healed beautifully and I experienced no problems.

Unless done for medical reasons I’m totally against it. Not sure how anyone can condone genital mutilation
Indeed, I used to work as a medical secretary in a urology clinic and there is no benefit from circumcision unless it's done for medical reasons, one being paraphimosis. That can be extremely serious if not treated. As long as a man/boy is washing his penis properly each day there are no hygiene advantages to being circumcised either.

Last edited:

Aabbcc

I wouldn’t pierce my baby’s ears until she’s old enough to ask (& old enough for a proper piercing studio to pierce with a needle - although the ones I used to frequent wouldn’t pierce children anyway)
I never showed interest in getting my ears pierced. I only got them done because a friend wanted hers done and wanted someone to go with her and my mum said okay. I was 11. Tbh before that my school had a rule of no earrings allowed but my high school allowed it.

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
I understand for some it is done for cultural and/or religious reasons, while I may not agree with inflicting the pain of piercing on a small child, I respect that sometimes beliefs/rituals are important to carry out.
I personally waited until my children were old enough to know what it entailed, make the decision themselves and it wasn’t going to be a safety hazard. I have always viewed piercings as part of being an adult, a bit like tattoos...so it looks odd to me when young children have ear piercings.

Although, I did take my younger brother to have his ear pierced. I was at high school and he was about 6/7...the lady on the market had no objections, no consent form and no aftercare. My parents were really upset...but I repeated what I told the piercing lady...he really wanted his ear pierced or a goldfish. 🙈

K_1234567

I had mine done as a baby but I don’t think I could personally bring myself to pierce my own baby’s ears 🙈

Lizzie88

Seen a discussion on an Instagram post about this what’s everyone’s opinion on this subject.

GeordieLass

think it's horrific and it always make the poor bairn look like a right little charva - totally selfish of the parents

• Haha