Opinions on piercing babies ears?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why have you posted this in influencers? Subject has been done to death, try Mumsnet.

Reactions: 5
Seen a discussion on an Instagram post about this what’s everyone’s opinion on this subject.

Reactions: 1
I had mine done at 10 months old and wore studs until I was around 14-15. I haven’t had my daughter’s ears pierced because my husband doesn’t agree with it, but I think each to their own! One massive plus is that really young kids won’t mess or play with their piercings, meaning less risk of infection etc. I had to watch all my friends wince with pain and have to have theirs removed in their teens, because they were constantly messing with them or tried to change their studs before they were healed...

Reactions: 3
I personally don’t agree with it. I let my daughter choose whether she had them done or not when she was old enough to make the decision herself

Reactions: 2
It’s not for me, it’s unnecessary so not your body not your choice. I had mine done at 8 because I asked for it, till a child asks and understands then no.

Reactions: 10
I do agree that you Should wait till the child is old enough to make the decision them selves.

Reactions: 8
There's literally no reason in the world to do it. It's totally unnecessary. It makes me laugh when people try to argue that it's not for vanity/it's not materialistic. What is it then?! If you're going to do it, cool, but at least own it and be honest about your motives and don't spout some crappy excuse about it saving them from pain later on.
1. I had mine done when I was 13 and strangely enough I coped just fine and am not traumatised by it,
and 2. If you're worried about the pain then they don't have to get them done at all. It's not compulsory.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s completely wrong.
Would you punch a hole in a babies hand? Leg? Eyelid? No. No you wouldn’t so why do it to their ears.
It also looks horrible.

Reactions: 11
Why would you want to inflict pain on a child. Those that argue that its just a second of pain and they forget, it's still a second too much.

I don’t agree with it, but I would prefer it was regulated so at least it’s done in a clean and sanitised environment.

I think it looks tacky.
I don’t think you should be able to put holes on a person without their consent, and I don’t see the point in inflicting pain for vanity reasons.

Reactions: 10
I am not a fan of piercings on babies. My daughter is nearly 2 and we haven’t got hers done. My mother in law wanted to taken her to get it on for her first birthday, but I’d much rather wit until it’s her choice to do it.

Reactions: 4
I dont like it. My daugthers 5 and when she starts asking im happy to take her but it really should be the childs choice.

It's not for me. My aunty was minding my sister and I when we were 1 and took us to get our ears pierced without my mum's consent 😲 luckily it didn't hurt and I think as children we liked wearing little pretty studs. I wouldn't do it to my daughter though. Unnecessary potential pain and then having a child wear swallow hazards is just a bit weird.

Awful. It should be a choice made by a child only when they fully understand what it is and what’s happening. Piercings really throb after you’ve had them done so I’m sure that’s a really lovely nice feeling for a tiny baby to experience 🧐 it’s madness