Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

carebear123

I've got a rule in our house they have to wait until they are 10 years old my oldest nagged me from being about 4 I told her to wait.tenth birthday came she wanted them done so took her to a piecing tattoo shop that I had got reviews from.my middle girl is 12 hasn't had hers done she went when she was 10 and as soon as we got to the shop she changed her mind.shes wanting them done in the holidays but I've said think about it first before we go.
I really dont understand why anyone would want to put earnings in young children or babies or put them threw the pain when they haven't a say in it.
my 15 year old wants her belly button done has been asking since she was 12 as all her mates have it I've told her no she can wait until shes 16 and if she still wants it done she can pay for it with her own money.
I had my ears done as a baby my belly button at 16 and my eyebrow at 12.my nose done at 11.
I hugely regret my eyebrow as its left a scar and wish my dad hadn't let me have it done

Reactions: 1

HotCrossBun

I have 2 daughters and 1 son. I would never consider having their ears pierced until THEY ask. To go ahead and put holes in a babies ears, I find an invasion of their body. They’ll be old enough one day to choose for themselves what they want to do.

Bitchandstitch

Definitely child abuse in my eyes. If I took any adult against their will to a shop pin them down and have a blunt piece of metal rammed in their ears it would be assault at the very least. But because it’s my little fashion accessory of a child it’s ok? Nahhhh

Piercing with guns should be banned

Missmummyblog is another one who’s had her baby’s ears pierced
I wouldn’t expect anything less from that cretin. Disgusting women

spiderpig

I had mine done when I was 4/5 because I asked my Mum. I will be doing the same with my children.

erin182

VIP Member
HELL NO. I’ll quite happily judge parents who inflict that pain on a child who’s not old enough to consent or understand what’s happening

I have four daughter and never pieced their ears until they asked..... the older two were about 6...the middle one was 8 and the youngest still doesn’t have it and she’s not at all fused about having this done... I can’t stand to see baby’s ears pieced.... I think it’s cruel to Put them through pain like that.

I don’t have an issue with it but I do agree it needs to be done by a professional and be regulated.
I can’t get my head round the fact that places like Claire’s can do it. I mean what kind of training do they have

Lynseyp

VIP Member
I hate it when i see babies or young children with earrings - it screams tacky and chavy. If my kids want to have their ears pierced it'll be at an age when THEY not the parent can decide for themselves. My daughter has asked however when shes an adult she can do what she likes.

Kalio

I didn’t pierce my daughter’s ears until I was 10 years old. She asked when she decided she wanted to pierce her ears. If my son wants to pierce his ear, I will also allow him.

hrh89

VIP Member
Awful. It should be a choice made by a child only when they fully understand what it is and what’s happening. Piercings really throb after you’ve had them done so I’m sure that’s a really lovely nice feeling for a tiny baby to experience 🧐 it’s madness

I don’t like babies having their ears pierced but I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s child abuse.
I had to wait to have mine done at 8 so when I finally got them done, I was thrilled and thought I was the most grown up person ever. I think getting them done as babies takes away a lovely experience for the child when they’re old enough to understand and want them done.

Fourwires

Fact. Caflon recommends age 7 plus, when there is less chance of
A. Hitting and rupturing cartilage, which can run into to lobe
B. Uneven holes in growing lobes
C. Infection, or accidental disruption to the earing

I won't pierce pre 7, but I know plenty do.
And yes, obviously loads pierce their kids ears pre 7 and no ill effects. But Ive seen the bad results, and the training pics of shattered pierce sites.

I don't get worked up about it, but I won't do it!