One Day Of Winter #4 Reading this thread ‘isn’t her jam’, meanwhile R's got the baby in a choke slam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish Pea would stop seeking 'advice' (validation) from her echo chambers and listen to her loved ones and her own feelings which are both telling her enough is enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s really frustrating because all her answers are in her question. She knows what would be best for her - the adult, the mother, the caregiver - and knows what needs to be done. I get she’s got crunchy guilt but my god. All this be kind talk and people aren’t kind to themselves.

Reactions: 6
I wish Pea would stop seeking 'advice' (validation) from her echo chambers and listen to her loved ones and her own feelings which are both telling her enough is enough.
Yes! She’s so brainwashed she really believes that she’ll damage her relationship with Raven by saying no during her 2am tantrums. She believes if she isn’t “gentle” 24/7 then she’s doing it wrong.

Reactions: 8
Yes! She’s so brainwashed she really believes that she’ll damage her relationship with Raven by saying no during her 2am tantrums. She believes if she isn’t “gentle” 24/7 then she’s doing it wrong.
If she treated both girls the same, it would still be a ridiculous way to parent but at least she would be being fair. However she is that desperate to not upset Raven and excuses her hitting and being a brat as big emotions, however what is she going to do when Ember starts doing the same?

She already chooses to feed Raven over Ember and to make Raven the priority.

She has massively cocked up her parenting style because it's not allowing her to parent both her children equally and fairly.

What happens when Ember starts to fight back after being hit one too many times by Raven? Will Ember be allowed to show her big emotions that way too?! Or will she get into trouble for hurting the Queen?!

You know full well Raven will be the sly hitter and pincher then will cry to Nicola when Ember retaliates

• Sad
Reactions: 12
The bit that’s puzzling me is Ember apparently not feeding much during the night. Anyone who’s BF a baby that young knows exactly what night time is like... 🤨

Reactions: 9
The bit that’s puzzling me is Ember apparently not feeding much during the night. Anyone who’s BF a baby that young knows exactly what night time is like... 🤨
damiens obviously glugged all the milk before she gets her turn so she must just think duck this i’m off back to sleep before i get pushed off the bed like i did the sofa 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My son used to cluster feed from about 5pm to 8pm, then because he'd filled up, he'd only really feed once in the night. I was very lucky sleep-wise, but because he was feeding through tea time I often ended up just eating biscuits 🐷🐷🐷😂

Poor Ember probably realises she won't get a look in at night, and fills up earlier in the day. 🙄

Reactions: 6
If Raven didn’t sleep in the super crunchy sleep space she probably wouldn’t wake as often for night milk, or the weaning would be easier as Dean could go into her until she’s weaned.

Mine was EBF and slept through the night from 8 weeks. I will only reveal that anonymously because telling someone that in real life would give them free license to stab me and honestly I would just have to take it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Its really not rocket science, put the nearly FOUR year old in her own bed!!

If Raven didn’t sleep in the super crunchy sleep space she probably wouldn’t wake as often for night milk, or the weaning would be easier as Dean could go into her until she’s weaned.
This is true. I'd guess that in general, most kids Raven's age would sleep through most nights if undisturbed. In their set up, she's probably disturbed regularly by the sounds and movements of the occupants of the "sleep space".

She's probably not even waking for milk, she's just being disturbed, but Nicola seems to think the only way to settle a child back to sleep is to bung a sausage nip in it's mouth, so she's translating it as wanting milk.

Reactions: 11
And just throwing this out there .... Raven might be less “hitty” if she had a proper nights sleep and wasn’t up all night being breastfed at 4 years old! Better sleep might improve her behaviour!

Reactions: 18
And just throwing this out there .... Raven might be less “hitty” if she had a proper nights sleep and wasn’t up all night being breastfed at 4 years old! Better sleep might improve her behaviour!
OMG this is so bang on. I’ve never forgotten the hideousness of a preschooler who’s had a crap night’s sleep.

This is true. I'd guess that in general, most kids Raven's age would sleep through most nights if undisturbed. In their set up, she's probably disturbed regularly by the sounds and movements of the occupants of the "sleep space".

She's probably not even waking for milk, she's just being disturbed, but Nicola seems to think the only way to settle a child back to sleep is to bung a sausage nip in it's mouth, so she's translating it as wanting milk.
She's said multiple times in the past she doesn't know how other parents settle children down that aren't breastfed and she didn't like the idea of weaning as it was such a quick and easy way to calm R down, if she's hurt or sad etc. How can you not know how to soothe a child without the use of your nips? Absolutely baffling.

• Wow
She's said multiple times in the past she doesn't know how other parents settle children down that aren't breastfed and she didn't like the idea of weaning as it was such a quick and easy way to calm R down, if she's hurt or sad etc. How can you not know how to soothe a child without the use of your nips? Absolutely baffling.
Being tit at breastfeeding I’m always confused by this, what if the kid doesn’t want milk? Surely they don’t want to latch on everytime they’re sad or tired? Maybe showing my ignorance here.

Reactions: 2
Being tit at breastfeeding I’m always confused by this, what if the kid doesn’t want milk? Surely they don’t want to latch on everytime they’re sad or tired? Maybe showing my ignorance here.
Well Raven was sucking on her nipples for comfort when Nicola had no milk and before she said she was pregnant, she said she is dry so Raven was literally sucking on her nipples for no milk gain.

Her milk then came in so she carried on and I reckon took all the good stuff that Ember was supposed to get.

I'm sure Nicola at one point fed Raven before feeding Ember!

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Well she’s posted on a breastfeeding group this evening asking for advice on magnesium supplements so she can feed R a bit longer (she is planning on weaning apparently...but not yet)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Well she’s posted on a breastfeeding group this evening asking for advice on magnesium supplements so she can feed R a bit longer (she is planning on weaning apparently...but not yet)
Jeebus help us all

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.