One Day Of Winter #4 Reading this thread ‘isn’t her jam’, meanwhile R's got the baby in a choke slam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to sound like a complete heartless witch but there is something quite insincere about her latest post? Just can’t put my finger on it. I just feel like the situation didn’t happen..

Reactions: 6
Not to sound like a complete heartless witch but there is something quite insincere about her latest post? Just can’t put my finger on it. I just feel like the situation didn’t happen..
The bit about letting her stay after her slot and having a chat seemed odd under the current circumstances. 🤔

Reactions: 6
The bit about letting her stay after her slot and having a chat seemed odd under the current circumstances. 🤔
Yes it’s a typical I got special treatment. Also I know it’s horrendous to lose a baby ( I’ve lost 2 but not in the same situation). She will have known about registering the birth and what would be asked. It’s not that I’m unsympathetic but she’s sat there holding a healthy baby who she shows very little love an affection to on the daily. I just find her draining. I really do hope she chooses to have no more babies unless she can get her head and heart around sharing her time with Ember and Damien!

Reactions: 13
The registry office story is sad. My sister in law lost two baby’s one at 5 months to cot death and one in the delivery room because of a heart problem, I remember standing in a shopping centre with her and her new baby a while after her losses and a lady asked “is she your first” my sister in law just stood there not knowing what to say. I can’t imagine what it’s like to not want to over share but not want to forget your passed children. However, pea came across very strange in that post. I don’t remember getting asked when I registered my second if I had any other children and the I stayed after line sounds like a lie.

Reactions: 13
Am I mean for thinking ravens hair just looks tangled?
this is the thing about some crunchy parents, they’re so busy trying to be the martyr and not upset little damien by saying *no* 😲😲 they don’t even ensure their kids basic needs are met (hygiene, good nutrition, safety) very worrying really.
and this doesn’t apply to everyone who parents “gently” just a very small fringe group that really feel to go the whole hog

Reactions: 9
Also how did she manage to leave Damien with Hat man? Has Damien fully accepted Hat man presences?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I feel for her, losing her son is something none of us can imagine or would want to if we haven’t been there. However, I’m fairly sure it’s not a legally required question to register the new baby? When I registered my daughter we were asked, in a chit chatty way while whatever programme loaded on her computer. There’s no space on the birth certificate for which number sibling the baby is.

I imagine even being asked in a chatty way would hurt, I just find the tone of that last post a bit strange.

Reactions: 11
The registry office story is sad. My sister in law lost two baby’s one at 5 months to cot death and one in the delivery room because of a heart problem, I remember standing in a shopping centre with her and her new baby a while after her losses and a lady asked “is she your first” my sister in law just stood there not knowing what to say. I can’t imagine what it’s like to not want to over share but not want to forget your passed children. However, pea came across very strange in that post. I don’t remember getting asked when I registered my second if I had any other children and the I stayed after line sounds like a lie.
It is sad and awful to live with, there are triggers all the time.
I think what irked me about that post was once again there was no mention of Ember other than that she was being registered. It was a special moment for her but yet again there's no paragraphs for her. I'm not saying that the conversation didn't happen or she wasnt triggered, but it does come across insincere.

Reactions: 7
Oh my she is pushing the cbeebie mag hard and constantly tagging them full off praise. Do cbeebies sponsor mum 'influencers' on the gram? Because that is exactly what it feels like she is pushing for to me.

Also when talking about how she's so detached from E let's not forget these are the sort of things she was posting before falling pregnant. It's normal when pregnant to wonder how you are gonna deal with 2 children but this is just weird and feels like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
'a screaming baby'
YOUR baby, Nicola. Not just any baby.
If that was Raven, she'd be banging on about big emotions, how much the world has changed during covid times and how anxious it's made her, how all she needs is to know mummy is there... duck off.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Bear with me whilst I just take a pic of my titty in the spec savers waiting room :)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
The way she's holding Ember at a distance is so weird. She's feeding. She should be close up against her! She's literally at arm's length.
'a screaming baby'
YOUR baby, Nicola. Not just any baby.
If that was Raven, she'd be banging on about big emotions, how much the world has changed during covid times and how anxious it's made her, how all she needs is to know mummy is there... duck off.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’ve said this before, but the way she speaks about and holds Ember gives me such deja vu of my PND with my daughter. I hated every moment of feeding her for the first few months, couldn’t stand her nursing (which broke my heart, as I so loved nursing my son). I had such PTSD over her very traumatic birth, and I couldn’t bring myself to even look at her sometimes. With a very understanding husband and professional support, I healed.

Pea, you need to speak up and get help. Your mental health matters and admitting you are struggling is NOT a failure regardless of how you believe you should parent. For you, for Ember and for your family, please seek support.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I honestly think she is feeding her like that so she can get into the photo and its a full view of Ember feeding. She just seems incredibly vain and self absorbed.

Bear with me whilst I just take a pic of my titty in the spec savers waiting room :)
And here I was yesterday thinking that she’d relaxed on the nip shots and perhaps realised her total lack of respect for her children’s privacy was in fact not very gentle at all...

I honestly think she is feeding her like that so she can get into the photo and its a full view of Ember feeding. She just seems incredibly vain and self absorbed.
Considering she tagged specsavers in the picture I'd definitely agree with this statement!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I hate to defend her but I’ve just been to register my baby and they asked if I had any other children (alive or otherwise) or still born babies. I doubt they asked her to stay behind tho. They’re really busy, you have a strict time slot and they want you straight out of there.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.