One Day Of Winter #4 Reading this thread ‘isn’t her jam’, meanwhile R's got the baby in a choke slam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I very nearly commented today on Pea’s post, but it’s going here instead, sorry in advance 😂

Not long after our youngest was home, my (then) three year old boy started nursery. We had stopped breastfeeding entirely during my pregnancy as I was totally touched out (my two year old by that point had been off the boobs for a while and was probably on to margaritas, knowing her 🥴). He was really unsettled with starting nursery and although he loved the baby, he was clearly upset at having to share us with someone very demanding. He asked to nurse at night, purely out of habit and comfort. We had a discussion about how his little brother fed because he had no other way of eating, and because he was too small to be comforted any other way. That he wasn’t doing it to stop us being with his siblings, but because he was small and new and needed us all to look after him. That he was very early, and needed to do lots of growing and therefore needed my milk. We talked about how our eldest must have felt the same when he came home as a baby, and all the things we liked to do together, that the baby couldn’t do. Instead of nursing, we made hot milk and honey, and had a cuddle and read a book together. He didn’t ask again, and has always enjoyed his bedtime routine since.

Raven is feeding because it is a comfort to her, and a way to connect with her mum. Nutrition aside, it’s clear she’s looking for connection. She’s put out by the new baby as all older siblings are. It’s Pea’s responsibility to teach Raven how to connect and comfort herself as she grows, and as her relationships develop with her.

I’m sure Pea would say I’ve psychologically damaged my son and ruined his attachment but I’ll take my chances. She is heading for a burn out for herself, and a lot of issues for Raven - she needs to address her own mental health, and then tackle Raven’s behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Interesting new post from Pea, did anyone else notice how she repeatedly says 'my house' and not our house? Do you think she's forgotten Dean exists?!

Reactions: 6
All these essay captions and the Sarah Ockwell whatshername arse licking - she’s definitely after a second book isn’t she!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
All these essay captions and the Sarah Ockwell whatshername arse licking - she’s definitely after a second book isn’t she!
I reckon so. And she's also suddenly become more active on Facebook. I'd forgotten I'd even followed her on there until she appeared on my stories list yesterday.

Reactions: 5
don’t get what she’s got to write about tho?
how to have a baby and act like they’re more of an inconvenience than piles isn’t gona be a best seller imo x

Reactions: 15
don’t get what she’s got to write about tho?
how to have a baby and act like they’re more of an inconvenience than piles isn’t gona be a best seller imo x
Aye, but she thinks she's a warrior, remember. 🙄

It'll be something about gentle parenting multiple children, and home educating a genius after loss. She might even include a Hinch-esque chapter about how to clean jizz stains out of your sofa.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Aye, but she thinks she's a warrior, remember. 🙄

It'll be something about gentle parenting multiple children, and home educating a genius after loss. She might even include a Hinch-esque chapter about how to clean jizz stains out of your sofa.
home educating a genius after loss 😭😭😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
‘Hitting and biting is perfectly normal and it’s everyone else’s fault but yours’

I've not used a wrap/sling but surely it shouldn't be over Embers face like that and tight enough to leave a mark? Also isn't her face in the wrap an overheating/suffocation risk?!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I've not used a wrap/sling but surely it shouldn't be over Embers face like that and tight enough to leave a mark? Also isn't her face in the wrap an overheating/suffocation risk?!
Her babywearing in general leaves a lot to be desired but yes. Ember's head should be turned to one side to keep her chin off of Pea's chest, and that rail (pass of the sling) should never be covering her face.

http://babyslingsafety.co.uk/ - just in case anyone needs the info.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It definitely shouldn’t be leaving a mark on her face like that, her face should be exposed and not covered. Clearly she’s learnt nothing after that woman who’s baby died messaged her about baby wearing correctly. She’s putting Ember at risk here.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I thought as much! She really is stupid isn't she. Makes me laugh that she makes herself out to be this parenting genius and that she knows so much about children but yet lacks basic common sense and knowledge on so many things!

She must have messages about it, the horrendous sling story has been removed.
It annoys me that she won’t acknowledge something like this and say, I’ve been told I’m not using the sling correctly, I was wrong - it should be done like this, but just to delete because she’s been called out on it without saying why, is just a bit crappy of her!

It annoys me that she won’t acknowledge something like this and say, I’ve been told I’m not using the sling correctly, I was wrong - it should be done like this, but just to delete because she’s been called out on it without saying why, is just a bit crappy of her!

Thing is if she did that then she will be admitting that she is not a perfect gentle mum. I bet you she is going to wing it as an influencer, not go back to work and be a full time ‘gentle’ mummy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.