One Day Of Winter #4 Reading this thread ‘isn’t her jam’, meanwhile R's got the baby in a choke slam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure R would sleep perfectly well in her own room.

P, on the other hand, would lie awake wracked with guilt about not being in constant bodily contact, lest R not love her anymore. She needs to be needed so desperately. Never mind the fact she has an infant who really does need her.

Edit: I also get the ick when breastfeeding women talk about using the boob to "reconnect" with their older child. Now I know BF isn't sexual, but the only other time you hear about "reconnecting", it's about couples and sex. The conflation of the two is too gross for me.

Reactions: 14
I'm sure R would sleep perfectly well in her own room.

P, on the other hand, would lie awake wracked with guilt about not being in constant bodily contact, lest R not love her anymore. She needs to be needed so desperately. Never mind the fact she has an infant who really does need her.

Edit: I also get the ick when breastfeeding women talk about using the boob to "reconnect" with their older child. Now I know BF isn't sexual, but the only other time you hear about "reconnecting", it's about couples and sex. The conflation of the two is too gross for me.
Yeah I get this too. Just the word reconnection 🤢 blegh

Reactions: 3
I’ve just caught up on the family sleep space love note to Damien. Ravens sleep this, Ravens need for exclusive access to my norks, I would of bet my life on Damien not wanting to leave my left hip bone (you can tell she’s low key livid this is happening). The whole thing makes me want to be sick in a bucket and drink it. WHAT ABOUT EMBER!? MAYBE Dean doesn’t want to be in the spare bleeping room making deals with the devil to go back to sleep, and importantly what about her!! That girl needs sleep and a few extra hundred calories. Quite honestly I wish she’d piss off now. Although I will say I thought she came across very nervous throughout that video, she obviously craves validation, its sad for someone who used to seem so vibrant.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
On Ember’s very first night home from the hospital she slept slept with Dean and Raven slept with P. Who in their right mind sleeps apart from their newborn baby on their first night at home??
Notice in the video she says “we had no routine with Raven really before”, but in a previous post she said “we had the routine with 1 child nailed” .... well which one is it P?
she has separation anxiety away from Raven, which you can understand after losing Winter, but she needs to stop pretending that it’s Raven with the separation issue and she needs to seek help for it so she can manage it and let R live a normal life. Her words to my friend were “I just can’t upset Raven, I can’t physically do it” when discussing saying no to her! She’s made such a rod for her own back 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I could upset Raven. And laugh about it.
No really, I can understand not wanting to upset your child. Especially when there's a new sibling and everything seems to be changing. BUT as so many have said here, she had 9 months to prepare and all she did was a stupid photo book about how she would ALWAYS, even if she was crowning, collect Raven from nursery. And it's not just that she doesn't like to upset her, she cannot bring herself to say no even when it's in everyone's best interests. It's not healthy for anyone. If Raven gets 'upset' whenever she can't do everything her way, she's not going to enjoy life very much. And it seems Pea would rather her newborn be upset which is so backwards to me, I can't even comprehend it. Out of the two right now, Ember takes priority. But Pea isn't alone, so Raven can be Deans priority, if even just for a little bit. Sometimes you have to 'upset' your children for the greater good of everyone in the house. And the things Pea sees as upsetting aren't the same for us 'normies' anyway.
She was so visibly bitter in that sleep video that Raven managed to separate from her and preferred Dean some nights. She's got some serious issues and if she doesn't access help now, I worry for her later. What's she gonna do if Raven ever gets invited to a sleepover? Oh wait, she won't be able to go because she'll still need 'boobing' to sleep... Silly me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
In my (practically perfect parent) opinion a four year old should be able to get themselves off to sleep without the aid of a boob/dummy etc

Reactions: 17
On Ember’s very first night home from the hospital she slept slept with Dean and Raven slept with P. Who in their right mind sleeps apart from their newborn baby on their first night at home??
Notice in the video she says “we had no routine with Raven really before”, but in a previous post she said “we had the routine with 1 child nailed” .... well which one is it P?
she has separation anxiety away from Raven, which you can understand after losing Winter, but she needs to stop pretending that it’s Raven with the separation issue and she needs to seek help for it so she can manage it and let R live a normal life. Her words to my friend were “I just can’t upset Raven, I can’t physically do it” when discussing saying no to her! She’s made such a rod for her own back 🤦🏻‍♀️
Surely you’ve just landed your mate in the tit there? You said previously you didn’t want to say too much incase it gave your friends identity away. Pea clearly reads here... guessing she’s going to remember who she said those words to

B9A1AD2C-6901-417A-AE8A-CFE867290373.png

this picture really does speak a thousand words.
I can completely understand her separation anxiety after losing winter, but she is absolutely smothering Raven. A friend of mine at school lost a newborn sibling to SIDS and her mum became extremely overprotective of her other children - she was never allowed to come for a sleepover or spend any prolonged amount of time away from her home, which I get is pretty understandable and probably normal if you’ve lost a child. Obviously you’re going to want to do everything in your power to ensure the safety of your other children.

but my friend and her other remaining siblings grew up feeling like they just wanted to flee the nest and now all of them have moved abroad, and barely ever see their mum. I just feel like pea is heading for her own worse nightmare

Reactions: 13
The thing is I remember her posting about Raven as a baby, she struggled a lot thinking it was colic or this or that, for months. Ember is just being a baby, fair enough she might be unsettled etc but it’s like she forgets that a) all babies are often douchebags including Raven and b) This attitude towards Ember is cruel and hurtful. She likes to paint this picture of instinctive parenting but she’s making up as she goes along!

Reactions: 10
Surely you’ve just landed your mate in the tit there? You said previously you didn’t want to say too much incase it gave your friends identity away. Pea clearly reads here... guessing she’s going to remember who she said those words to
Maybe you’re right, but she’s probably having lots of these conversations with friends and family. In fact, I know she is because they’re all worried about her and trying to offer advice, so will probably be fine!

Reactions: 4
I'm not surprised R is instigating her own bedtime routine. It must be overwhelming for her with the relentless play, P hovering and now baby. Kids need space to decompress too.

Reactions: 7
tit the ‘sleep space’/ bed Hat man and sanctimonious P are allowed to sit next to each other and there is no Damien around?!??!

• Haha
the fact D says ‘i didn’t authorise my face to be on this video’ and Pea laughs shows how little she really cares about what she films

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Why does she always go for the token Ember kiss that she never looks like she enjoys? She looks away and appears to try to detach from the situation as much as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Why does she always go for the token Ember kiss that she never looks like she enjoys? She looks away and appears to try to detach from the situation as much as possible.
I agree. It looks like she does it because she feels like she has to/to show fake affection but there's no love or affection coming from her at all. It's like a mundane action not a gush of love like R was/is showered with.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.