One Day of Winter #3 Queen Raven still ruling the roost.... even the Pea has reproduced.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right, Dean's awake now surely. Why is she having to take Ember to get Raven from nursery? Crunchy points at the gates or?
Or probably wants to be seen that she can do everything. She acts like she’s a single parent sometimes.

Reactions: 5
Right, Dean's awake now surely. Why is she having to take Ember to get Raven from nursery? Crunchy points at the gates or?
Don’t forget it was in the book 📕 ‘mummy’ will pick you up from Nursery so genius child queen R will of course remember this (in peas mind)

Don’t forget it was in the book 📕 ‘mummy’ will pick you up from Nursery so genius child queen R will of course remember this (in peas mind)
I’m sorry to be awful but Dean has no role in that house other than be the provider, and a babysitter when it suits, all whilst peas watching over his shoulder. It’s like he’s only allowed to have Queen R when chaperoned. I wonder what her parents think? Surely they’d love to have their grandchildren stay over one night? Have a bond with them our grandparents had with us? I know my childs grandparents love it and we love the break! (Obvs not speaking in lockdown)

I’m sorry to be awful but Dean has no role in that house other than be the provider, and a babysitter when it suits, all whilst peas watching over his shoulder. It’s like he’s only allowed to have Queen R when chaperoned. I wonder what her parents think? Surely they’d love to have their grandchildren stay over one night? Have a bond with them our grandparents had with us? I know my childs grandparents love it and we love the break! (Obvs not speaking in lockdown)

Also I don’t no why that posted twice or how to rectify it 🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Ember is getting so big already it’s mad how in those first weeks they start piling on the beef! I know it’s not a race thread however I am pleased to see she’s out and about a lot. Pre birth (obviously third trimester is bleeping UGH so I get it) I was a bit concerned at how much she was “moping” around for want of a better term.

Also I didn’t and don’t co-sleep. The fear is too much for me although I’m aware of safe practices. Fully respect those who do. It bugs me slightly though how a lot of the co-sleeping crew are so “Yeah it’s fine just do it” about the subject. NHS guidelines say not to do it don’t they? Or heavily imply you shouldn’t. NHS guidelines can of course be dated or “wrong” or whatever but it’s just the lack of thought from the crunchy crew that gets me. Like there’s a new mum or dad out there who wants to do it all by the book and you’re really blasé about it.
NHS guidelines about co sleeping are the same as the Lullaby Trust. They don't advice people not to, they offer the same co sleeping guidelines as well as the safe sleep positions to put your baby in in the cot.

Reactions: 1
I’m sorry... what!! She doesn’t know anything about parenting a six year old. What a condescending judgemental witch.
If someone did this to me I would be horrified.

Reactions: 19
She is so judgemental. Not everyone can be calm and level headed 24/7. Some people do lose their tit and say stuff to their child that they don’t mean. You dont just go over and give them a book like some of crazy evangelical!
Typical of the sort of person she is. That type act like they’re all peace and love but believe me when the health visitor comes round and gives Nicola some sleep advice she’ll be chastised for being judgemental and how dare they question her expertise 🙄

I was in a co-sleeping group Nicola is in and decided it wasn’t for me when I asked a question and was told by 10 or more women that I was selfish and needed to abandon my hope of having an evening with my husband and focus solely on my toddler. I was at breaking point from exhaustion and honestly all they did was make me feel worse. They are the nastiest, most sanctimonious group of parents I’ve ever had the displeasure of interacting with. Anyway I gave them an absolute mouthful being the very non-gentle person I am and promptly left the group 😂

Nicola should maybe consider that parenting is really bloody hard for people who actually discipline their children rather than letting them run totally wild 🙄

Reactions: 19
I saw that when she write it.
She's horrid and judgy.
Kids can be manipulative, it's part of their development, they're testing boundaries, they know how to get what they want.
So far from gentle? How does she know?
How doies she know what's happened in their day or week to make them react how they did?

You would think she would not be so quick to judge people when she doesn't know the burdens they carry with them

Reactions: 18
Nicola should maybe consider that parenting is really bloody hard for people who actually discipline their children rather than letting them run totally wild 🙄
Absolutely this, nicola thinks it's a dream and ravens a dream because she doesnt actually do any parenting, she just permissively observes raven from the sidelines rather than acting like a parent and teaching her child to be a functional member of society.

Reactions: 12
Have any of these crunchy gentle parents had kids get to being teenagers yet? Or is that new a thing?
Can’t imagine the pain of gentle parenting a teen 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She is so judgemental. Not everyone can be calm and level headed 24/7. Some people do lose their tit and say stuff to their child that they don’t mean. You dont just go over and give them a book like some of crazy evangelical!
I can't believe she did that and then wrote a post to boast about 'how brave she'd been'. When was this? 😱

Reactions: 8
Parenting advice coming from someone who’s own child hits other children and adults when she doesn’t get her own bleeping way! Unbelievable.
The gall on this woman to go and tell someone else, a complete stranger how to parent their child. She wants to concern herself with her own crappy parenting instead of spending time criticising others.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Parenting advice coming from someone who’s own child hits other children and adults when she doesn’t get her own bleeping way! Unbelievable.
The gall on this woman to go and tell someone else, a complete stranger how to parent their child. She wants to concern herself with her own crappy parenting instead of spending time criticising others.
1 million percent this! How on earth can she judge someone’s parenting when her child hits other children AND adults at nursery and also behaves the way she does. If I was to even witness someone else being on the receiving end of that I would be horrified, never mind if she did to me, she wouldn’t know what’s bloody (gently) hit her 😡 any kind of sympathy/like I had for her is now gone. You can have opinions about other peoples parenting but it is never up to you to intervene.

Reactions: 11
I would punch her straight in the face if I was loosing the will to live with kid and then she came up to me with paper for a book. duck right off.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.