One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Idk why but I figured ember would look a lot like raven. They don’t even look related 😂

Reactions: 2
I hate how she wrote about cuddling Ember while Raven was asleep. Like she couldn't do it if Raven was there.

Reactions: 6
Why does she do that weird grin? Freaks me the duck out.

She looked so vacant didn’t she, it actually made me sad seeing that, she didn’t appear happy! She says that she’s snuggling the baby in the photo, that’s not a snuggle to me, it kinda seems like she’s a bit disconnected from the baby in a way! When my little boy was newborn he was constantly being snuggled with him on my chest and actually hugging him, this just seems a bit off.
She’s probably just sleep deprived to the point of insanity, shellshocked and feeling like tit. Those early days post childbirth are no bleeping joke. She might also be struggling to bond with the baby. It’s weird when they’re new because they’re like a little stranger. I felt very detached from my first baby (also had terrible postnatal anxiety and depression) but found the second much easier. For P it might be the other way around. It’s OK, but you have to admit to it and get help.

Considering R is always on such a pedestal, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was struggling with #2.

Reactions: 10
I wish she would give herself a break. It’s not all or nothing with parenting. You can still be gentle and have gently encourage Raven into her own room in the knowledge a new baby is coming.

Also I found it just a tiny bit weird that she didn’t chose to stay with the baby while D comforted R. I mean any parent can comfort obviously! Just if it was me in those early new born days I’d pick the easiest one to handle aka the one who can’t speak or move much 🤣

She’s probably just sleep deprived to the point of insanity, shellshocked and feeling like tit. Those early days post childbirth are no bleeping joke. She might also be struggling to bond with the baby. It’s weird when they’re new because they’re like a little stranger. I felt very detached from my first baby (also had terrible postnatal anxiety and depression) but found the second much easier. For P it might be the other way around. It’s OK, but you have to admit to it and get help.

Considering R is always on such a pedestal, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was struggling with #2.
Could definitely be the case, I hope that she seeks help or someone pushes her to get help in that instance. I had PND and completely agree that you need to admit it and seek help. I just can’t help feeling that she’s made things difficult for herself by how she’s been/being with Raven, that child will struggle accepting that a newborn is going to more demanding of peas time, and sending her newborn out of the room with Dean for Ravens benefit, is almost reinforcing to R that she’s more important, and I can see that affecting not only Peas bond with the baby, but Ravens too

Reactions: 4
Why does she need to ‘juggle’. Dean is around. She needs to prioritise the newborn and their bond.
I remember someone posting about raven self weaning and pea feeling ‘sad’. Even though she thinks she puts raven first, she actually doesnt. Its all about how image and how she wants her lifestyle to be portrayed. Its actually sad.

Also ember is looking really jaundice. Itll be a tit show if she had to go back into hospital for lights. What will she do then? Take them
both in?

I wish she would give herself a break. It’s not all or nothing with parenting. You can still be gentle and have gently encourage Raven into her own room in the knowledge a new baby is coming.

Also I found it just a tiny bit weird that she didn’t chose to stay with the baby while D comforted R. I mean any parent can comfort obviously! Just if it was me in those early new born days I’d pick the easiest one to handle aka the one who can’t speak or move much 🤣
The thing that worries me about taking the newborn baby away a leaving Raven to ‘nurse’ is taking away the most beneficial colostrum that Ember should be able to to have 100%,P looks haggard and tired so imagine her body is struggling.Colostrum is there in your milk supply purely for a newborns gut health and immune system,a 3 year old should not be stealing it!
And is this really necessary?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I think if Pea weans R off the tit then in her head she doesn’t ‘NEED’ her and she needs to be needed by R. She’s SO attached to her god help her when she goes to school? What she gonna do pop the tit through the school gates every dinnertime? Don’t get me wrong I absolutely adore my child but I do need a break every now and then its not normal the attention she craves from her 3 yr old. Have you noticed there’s not much ‘bonding’ between R and the baby? Its like she’s just slipped into the house, R is still getting all the undivided attention and business as usual. Apart from the AWFUL shots on the tits, like why? Suprised R isn’t stood on her filthy stool cooking placenta lentil slop 🤪

Reactions: 11
I am really glad Ember is here safely and I think the name is lovely.
I don’t agree with Ember being taken into the other room so Raven could get comfort, or with Raven still feeding when Ember needs it more (I know technically Pea would have milk for both, however I’m not convinced as Pea looks worn out). She’s going to be at risk of PND by pressuring herself into treating them both equally, it’s ok to loosen the reins, Raven is old enough.

Reactions: 7
I can't cope with the breastfeeding photos, it's too much. She bangs on about gentle parenting when in fact she's sharing the most private moments for all to see. There are so many weirdos out there! Doesn't she realise that in years to come Raven will be able to see all this & will probably be mortified! Her crazy grins to the camera give me rage!

She's taking the piss now! Why do we need to see her feeding raven when she must have so many cute baby pics to post!!

The thing that worries me about taking the newborn baby away a leaving Raven to ‘nurse’ is taking away the most beneficial colostrum that Ember should be able to to have 100%,P looks haggard and tired so imagine her body is struggling.Colostrum is there in your milk supply purely for a newborns gut health and immune system,a 3 year old should not be stealing it!
That picture is so weird. Why is she holding the baby so weirdly, she seems so disconnected. The baby deserves to be a priority, just for now. Raven is 3.5, Dad can parent her. Why is Nicola posting about ‘the juggle’ and showing her with the baby in a carrier like she’s alone? She’s not, she has the Dad there. Let him be with Raven. Genuinely worry she’s going to develop PND by trying to be 100% for Raven while recovering from birth & caring for a baby.

Reactions: 5
My toes are curling up, her boobs look so painful and shes got a CHILD hanging off them. I can see Ember being with Dean all the time and Raven still stuck to pea.

I bet this isnt the case in that house, R will 100% come first!

Attachments

Last edited:
Do you think she’s reading here and taking the piss?!!!! Got to be. She’s put a video up of her breastfeeding queen Raven and the baby asleep on dean 😱😱😱😱

She said not that long ago that Raven mentioned she gets hardly any milk from her so I can imagine she’ll get super into it again maybe? Which could be a pain

That picture is so weird. Why is she holding the baby so weirdly, she seems so disconnected. The baby deserves to be a priority, just for now. Raven is 3.5, Dad can parent her. Why is Nicola posting about ‘the juggle’ and showing her with the baby in a carrier like she’s alone? She’s not, she has the Dad there. Let him be with Raven. Genuinely worry she’s going to develop PND by trying to be 100% for Raven while recovering from birth & caring for a baby.

Yes, I said this about the way she’s holding the baby, it doesn’t really come across as affectionate holding her that way, almost keeping her at arms length. I agree, she needs to let Dean take over with Raven, but she can’t seem to bear to do so, it will be at her and Embers detriment eventually

i nursed mine to 16
months so not extended bf to this degree but long enough
look at the way ravens dangling off the end of it 😫😫😫 that must be agonising!!!

Reactions: 2
There is no need for R to be on the tits!! She’s going to want it even more now shel be getting all the good milk which SHOULD be for the newborn baby! The photos of R on the tit make my skin crawl to be honest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.