One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else see her post on that gentle parenting Facebook page ?! Basically saying that Raven screams at Dean to go away whenever he enters the room and just wants to be on her own with Pea. I think pea secretly loves it she said something like ā€˜I know this is completely normal and of course I donā€™t encourage this I tell Raven ā€˜daddy lives here too he can come in the roomā€™ā€™ something like that anyway! I donā€™t think itā€™s normal at all?!
But I think she loves being the ā€˜favouriteā€™. Sheā€™s such a weird person! I canā€™t believe she puts up with this tit from Raven, I fear for the new baby. Poor thing doesnā€™t stand a chance, doubt itā€™ll get a bloody look in!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Poor Dean - I spend all day with my baby so I purposefully give my OH time alone with her, bath time for example is their time together. I couldnā€™t cope if she didnā€™t happily go to him, and often chooses him over me šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 6
Did anyone else see her post on that gentle parenting Facebook page ?! Basically saying that Raven screams at Dean to go away whenever he enters the room and just wants to be on her own with Pea. I think pea secretly loves it she said something like ā€˜I know this is completely normal and of course I donā€™t encourage this I tell Raven ā€˜daddy lives here too he can come in the roomā€™ā€™ something like that anyway! I donā€™t think itā€™s normal at all?!
But I think she loves being the ā€˜favouriteā€™. Sheā€™s such a weird person! I canā€™t believe she puts up with this tit from Raven, I fear for the new baby. Poor thing doesnā€™t stand a chance, doubt itā€™ll get a bloody look in!
Sorry but Iā€™d argue that that behaviour is far from completely normal... god poor Dean šŸ˜¦

Reactions: 11
Not normal behaviour at all, my youngest used to behave like that- she is suspected ASD- and we worked so bloody hard to change and and give her and her dad a good bond. Poor Dean, it does sound like pea thrives off of raven wanting nothing but her, very odd.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Hereā€™s the post if anyone wants a look & one of her replies from the comment section. Raved cried because dean spoke to her?! Ffs. If this was me I would be doing everything in my power to encourage their relationship especially with a new baby on the way! I think half of the problem is pea doesnā€™t really want dean and her to be close she wants it all to be about her! I think sheā€™s terrified of losing the close bond with Raven & thatā€™s half the reason sheā€™s letting her dry suckle her!! Feel a bit sorry for her really, but this will be detrimental to her and ravens relationship in the long term surely she can see that!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Not normal behaviour at all, my youngest used to behave like that- she is suspected ASD- and we worked so bloody hard to change and and give her and her dad a good bond. Poor Dean, it does sound like pea thrives off of raven wanting nothing but her, very odd.
Funnily enough, that kind of super controlling behaviour is very reminiscent of my autistic son. He's forever ordering people away saying ā€œI donā€™t need you / I donā€™t want you... go awayā€ šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø But thatā€™s autism for you - no filter, socially immature and a strong need to have your environment just so (heā€™s 5).

Not that Iā€™m diagnosing R with autism. Itā€™s normal for kids to flip flop between ā€œfavouriteā€ parents. Crying because her dad spoke to her is pretty awful though. Pā€™s softly-softly ā€œcompassionateā€ approach will get her nowhere, as usual!

Reactions: 9
Hereā€™s the post if anyone wants a look & one of her replies from the comment section. Raved cried because dean spoke to her?! Ffs. If this was me I would be doing everything in my power to encourage their relationship especially with a new baby on the way! I think half of the problem is pea doesnā€™t really want dean and her to be close she wants it all to be about her! I think sheā€™s terrified of losing the close bond with Raven & thatā€™s half the reason sheā€™s letting her dry suckle her!! Feel a bit sorry for her really, but this will be detrimental to her and ravens relationship in the long term surely she can see that!
Peas response isnā€™t very gentle to Dean at all - surely she should be role modelling kindness? Iā€™d be saying ā€˜oh poor Daddy, he just wants to sit with us! Iā€™m going to give him a big cuddle so he doesnā€™t feel sad.ā€™ Wouldnā€™t accept that nonsense from a 3 year old! Gentle does not bloody mean permissive!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Iā€™m honestly astounded that she thinks this type of behaviour is normal, and that sheā€™s minimising it, Dean is Rays father she should be encouraging a bond between them, not saying itā€™s normal and not addressing Rā€™s behaviour with her, she needs to know she canā€™t speak to her Dad like that. Itā€™s ok her saying Dean understands, I doubt she has even bothered to ask how he actually feels and is revelling in the fact that sheā€™s Rā€™s favourite. What an utter cow!!

• Heart
Completely agree! Like I know itā€™s not ravens fault or anything like that, sheā€™s a 3 year old she has no filter and just says what sheā€™s feeling. But itā€™s up to pea to stop that behaviour and show her the right way to treat her dad! Sitting there with her hand over her face isnā€™t tackling the problem or showing Raven how to behave! X

Reactions: 5
this makes me so angry. Makes me despise Raven itā€™s so bad to say that about a child lol. Pea has brought all this on herself

Reactions: 3
The gentle parenting post about Dean has finished me off completely.
He pays the mortgage, buys all their frozen curried slop, indulges Pea in ravens brilliance by buying learning supplies and devoting his rare days off to wandering round a park letting raven talk pig latin at a tree and then throw some rocks at ducks or whatever else has her fancy and then heā€™s not even allowed to sit on the sofa šŸ˜‚
Stick a fork in me, Iā€™m DONE.

As much as I used to really enjoy her account I canā€™t help but feel her pain and loss for Winter has just translated into over compensating with Raven and wanting to cherish every moment resulting in a very spoilt little girl šŸ˜¬šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
She obviously doesn't think it's normal behaviour or she wouldn't be asking about it on social media. I wonder if she consulted Dean before she announced this on a Facebook page.

Reactions: 11
The gentle parenting post about Dean has finished me off completely.
He pays the mortgage, buys all their frozen curried slop, indulges Pea in ravens brilliance by buying learning supplies and devoting his rare days off to wandering round a park letting raven talk pig latin at a tree and then throw some rocks at ducks or whatever else has her fancy and then heā€™s not even allowed to sit on the sofa šŸ˜‚
Stick a fork in me, Iā€™m DONE.

As much as I used to really enjoy her account I canā€™t help but feel her pain and loss for Winter has just translated into over compensating with Raven and wanting to cherish every moment resulting in a very spoilt little girl šŸ˜¬šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø
THIS ā¤

Reactions: 4
Peas response isnā€™t very gentle to Dean at all - surely she should be role modelling kindness? Iā€™d be saying ā€˜oh poor Daddy, he just wants to sit with us! Iā€™m going to give him a big cuddle so he doesnā€™t feel sad.ā€™ Wouldnā€™t accept that nonsense from a 3 year old! Gentle does not bloody mean permissive!
Agree with this completely. I am not a mother but I can not imagine my child treating their father like this or allowing it to happen in the first place. I cannot begin to imagine the pain they still feel after losing Winter but itā€™s like she doesnā€™t trust anyone to look after Raven, even Dean. It really isnā€™t healthy and itā€™s only going to get worse when the baby arrives. I just feel so sorry for Dean.

Also, that little booklet she made for Raven and her recent post, stating that Grandma will look after her while Mummy is in the hospital.... Dean wonā€™t be there overnight if she has to stay in - is he not allowed to look after his own daughter alone?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not very gentle to Dean to announce to 20,000 odd people that his daughter tells him where to sit. Unless she consulted him first that is.

Reactions: 10
How long can Dean put up with this tit for though? Being pushed aside by Pea then a 3.5 yr old, now soon to be a baby heā€™d be 4th in the food chain? Working in retail surely their would be some attractive girls coming in or working their too. Any other man would of probably strayed by now. Pea wants to think herself lucky because sheā€™s not giving him any attention someone else soon would.

Reactions: 7
Hahahahahahaha....she really is ā€˜one of those parentsā€™ isnt she?
You know she'd be that 'my darling little angel would never....' type of parent in the playground. You know the ones all of us norms avoid like the plague after breaking up a wwf royal rumble, shouting put your bloody shoes 473272 times that morning and dragging your kids out the house just in time for school.... Or is that just me šŸ˜‚

"I speak to her in a compassionate voice"

Oh duck off you absolute twit.

What happens if R directs any frustration on the new born? What's the approach then?

I wonder if we will only hear how wonderful R is with the baby?

Prepare for years of tandem feeding pictures.

She can be as gentle a parent as she likes but she's still lives in a hovel and her life is going to get 10 times worse with two children, given that one doesn't even like Dad being around

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.