One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now I feel I need to share the snowman so you don't think I'm like pea and that it actually was awesome šŸ˜‚
Raven is not clever, sorry. I can barely understand a word she says and pea always has to repeat. That drawing is awful. Probably normal for a 3.5 year old but donā€™t make out sheā€™s a genius when she isnā€™t. I wold love to be a fly on the wall at ravens nursery!
Her language is not good, I only know what she's saying because it's repeated

Reactions: 3
The post about the 'sleep space' (which is just lazy witch lingo for 'I couldn't be arsed to go to her in the night if she wanted me so I keep her inside my top') makes me angry. I am NOT against cosleeping with babies. It terrifies me, but each to their own. My worry here is that if Nicola has her back to Raven and Raven doesn't like that, what's to stop her barrelling over the top and crushing the baby? Or, y'know, giving the baby a quick slap and then hoofing it at the wall since she's so 'hitty' and 'throwy'?
As for Dean, he's served his purpose now. She has enough babies for one on each tit so he can go.
Anyone else see the 'thanks for all your name suggestions, you've given us ideas. JOKES, WE ALREADY DECIDED' post and want to headbutt Nicola into a pond?

Reactions: 12
The post about the 'sleep space' (which is just lazy witch lingo for 'I couldn't be arsed to go to her in the night if she wanted me so I keep her inside my top') makes me angry. I am NOT against cosleeping with babies. It terrifies me, but each to their own. My worry here is that if Nicola has her back to Raven and Raven doesn't like that, what's to stop her barrelling over the top and crushing the baby? Or, y'know, giving the baby a quick slap and then hoofing it at the wall since she's so 'hitty' and 'throwy'?
As for Dean, he's served his purpose now. She has enough babies for one on each tit so he can go.
Anyone else see the 'thanks for all your name suggestions, you've given us ideas. JOKES, WE ALREADY DECIDED' post and want to headbutt Nicola into a pond?
Sorry but ā€˜hoofing it at the wallā€™ had me absolutely crying with laughter šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Letā€™s hope Nicola doesnā€™t go into labour tonight. Doubt she will be jumping in the shower when Raven Raven is in bed

Reactions: 4
What has being at nursery got to do with being wide awake?
My kid is knackered when she comes home from nursery, physically and mentally.
She wants to sit in her pants eating an apple and then go to bed, not to be pissing around at 9pm.
Im really starting to think I'm the weird Parent here.
Should I be letting her do wtf she likes whilst I wallow in my own filth and feed her puree lentils?

Reactions: 13
What has being at nursery got to do with being wide awake?
My kid is knackered when she comes home from nursery, physically and mentally.
She wants to sit in her pants eating an apple and then go to bed, not to be pissing around at 9pm.
Im really starting to think I'm the weird Parent here.
Should I be letting her do wtf she likes whilst I wallow in my own filth and feed her puree lentils?
Make sure to let her draw on you as well. And chomp on your dry teats.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Oh man, that pen will take days to wash off.

As parenting philosophies go, ā€œanything for a quiet lifeā€ can be useful. Pea seems to take it to the extreme though. Raven will definitely colour in the baby now šŸ¤£

Reactions: 3
Preloved reusables? So used reuseables from another arse and been full to the brim of another childā€™s faeces? Iā€™m all for a bit of sustanability but Iā€™m sorry šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢ I know moneys tight because poor Dean works his arse off for Pea to spend all day whinging sheā€™s tired (also pre-pregnancy) but this is just next level.. BUY THAT BABY SOMETHING NEW FFS!!!

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Preloved reusables? So used reuseables from another arse and been full to the brim of another childā€™s faeces? Iā€™m all for a bit of sustanability but Iā€™m sorry šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢ I know moneys tight because poor Dean works his arse off for Pea to spend all day whinging sheā€™s tired (also pre-pregnancy) but this is just next level.. BUY THAT BABY SOMETHING NEW FFS!!!
Find a new stick to beat her with - I have also bought preloved reusable nappies. Some bought and hardly worn, itā€™s good for the environment, and often cheaper too. Theyā€™ve been washed, genuinely donā€™t see the issue šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Disposables are far grosser in my opinion!

Reactions: 16
Doesnā€™t dean work in a shop? Wouldnā€™t he be furloughed? He never seems to be there...

Reactions: 2
That's a bit unfair, the nappies themselves are fine to reuse, they tit and wee on the liners which you throw away. The whole nappy itself can be washed and doesn't stain.

Plus there is serious money in reusables, both to buy a full set is a decent layout, which is why they are easy to sell on and still make a bit of money after you've finished with them.

Depending on the make, some of the designs are sought after. I used reusables and the initial layout was a few hundred. I sold all the nappies I had after I'd done for about Ā£200 which was a nice return.

It cost me nowhere near as much as disposables would have done. Now reusables are easier to get hold off but there's still a very good market for used ones!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Doesnā€™t dean work in a shop? Wouldnā€™t he be furloughed? He never seems to be there...
I wondered this. I thought he was a store manager but he always seems to be at work. Though saying that, clothes shops can still open for click and collect and returning Internet orders so that's probably what he's doing.

Reactions: 5
I wondered this. I thought he was a store manager but he always seems to be at work. Though saying that, clothes shops can still open for click and collect and returning Internet orders so that's probably what he's doing.
I reckon he just goes and sits by a lake and contemplates what the duck happened to his life tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.