Old Hollywood gossip & stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought Glynis was very beautiful in this film. It's a brilliant film all round, great cast. I love Danny Kaye too, he seems like he was just nice all the time.

This lady is giving it 'ewww she is drinking from the sweaty shoe she just wore for hours' vibes.
IMG_5448.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: 4
Just watching The Ghost and Mrs Muir on Film 4.
I know she's been mentioned here before but wasn't Gene Tierney a beauty?

Screenshot_20240206_170732.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I thought I'd seen most of the golden age musicals but instagram recommended a clip from The Harvey Girls. Never heard of it. Judy Garland and a dubbed! Angela Lansbury

Reactions: 2
When I was a kid, it seemed like The Harvey Girls was on tv every Sunday afternoon 😂

We always had to watch it because my Mum loved Judy Garland :)

When I was a kid, it seemed like The Harvey Girls was on tv every Sunday afternoon 😂

We always had to watch it because my Mum loved Judy Garland :)
Are you in the UK or US? I don't think I've ever seen it on in the UK

Reactions: 1
Are you in the UK or US? I don't think I've ever seen it on in the UK
UK...but I am VERY old!

Lots of musicals on in the afternoons in the olden days ;)

Wish they would show Brigadoon again, not seen that for years...

And Finians Rainbow

Thankfully Paint Your Wagon gets shown quite often, I loved Harve Presnell

Reactions: 3
UK...but I am VERY old!

Lots of musicals on in the afternoons in the olden days ;)

Wish they would show Brigadoon again, not seen that for years...

And Finians Rainbow

Thankfully Paint Your Wagon gets shown quite often, I loved Harve Presnell

Haha fair enough. Yeah used to watch them in 80s/90s growing up but must have completely missed this one.

Yeah seen Brigadoon a few times, Paint Your Wagon is so random but entertaining. Finians Rainbow I've heard of and think seen once

Reactions: 1
Haha fair enough. Yeah used to watch them in 80s/90s growing up but must have completely missed this one.

Yeah seen Brigadoon a few times, Paint Your Wagon is so random but entertaining. Finians Rainbow I've heard of and think seen once
My growing up was 60's and 70's :D

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh lord this popped up on IG and is so 🥵
Faye Dunaway and Steve Mcqueen. Presumably from The Thomas Crown Affair.

Screenshot_20240224_010555.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just rewatched The G and Mrs M. I noticed in the credits that Ben Nye did the makeup. I cry at that film every time without fail.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just rewatched The G and Mrs M. I noticed in the credits that Ben Nye did the makeup. I cry at that film every time without fail.
You have reminded me that when I was a child/teen, my late lamented Mum and I would always look out for Ben Nye in the titles and say it was going to be a good film with his input...mostly it was too!

Brought back happy memories of Saturday afternoons at the pictures and Sunday afternoons in front of the tv with my Mum ♥ 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wow. That is quite the look 😬
Tony Curtis, Janet Leigh and children Kelly and Jamie Leigh.

Screenshot_20240311_234219.jpg

Btw I watched the Oscars last night and felt such a massive sense of nostalgia over the lack of big movie 'stars' with their glamour and mystique. No offence to actors now, but there is just that certain something missing now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've been reading the memoir of Hedda Hopper recently, Hollywood's original gossip girl.

My god it's juicy, I'm absolutely loving it. Highly recommend.
Full chapters on Elizabeth Taylor, Frank Sinatra and the rest... It's called The Whole Truth and Nothing But.

• Heart
Reactions: 13