Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a neighbour who I do talk to but she is either shouting me over to chat or knocking on the door or then just saying hello/looking away then walking past. Also she really puts down everyone behind their back. What I've decided to do is if I go the the local shops go really early so I'm not bumping into her. I just feel its rude really to be either very friendly or totally ignoring someone.
Oh, mine is the same, over-friendly or totally ignoring me. I prefer the ignoring me I know where I stand with that. We are very much past ever being friendly but I don't care about that. Just bloody stay away from me. She would always try to start a friendship and be texting or calling me out into the garden and chat with me for hours and at a time then no reason block me on SM .. now it seems she is trying to get rid of me and complaint after complaint about me to housing and local council including environmental health .. they have all said I'm not doing anything wrong .I'm not even noisy I don't watch TV or have parties or play music ( she does them all) no my noise is things like a water feature, or my grandchildren playing etc. I don't let them play noisy things I don't like noise either but we do laugh a lot and I'm not stopping doing that

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Sounds very strange, some people are just weird. This neighbour was telling me about a lady she was friends with who's husband had just died and they had the funeral etc. The neighbour said don't tell me I don't want to know, I don't do death etc!!. Who would say that to someone who has just been bereaved? You would just listen and say the right things wouldn't you?

Reactions: 7
I've been mainly ignoring her for five years. Doesn't make a difference. We're the only people in the street she's fallen out with.
The windows are weird and would look even odder with blinds. I will investigate the mirror stuff. Thanks :)
I got a guy round to put the mirror film on my downstairs windows in the summer, I love it, I considered doing it myself but was worried about bubbling or creasing. No nosy pricks from over the road can see in but I can watch them 👀 just need curtain or blind for night time as it reverses when you put a light on as I can’t see out but people could see in. I highly recommend having it

Reactions: 4
Neighbour opposite has twice put mixed recycling and food in my wheelie bin, I only know it’s them cause there was birthday cards in each bag with their name on it (idiots!). I’m mad cause I could get in trouble with the ~bin police~ but I know the family so it’s a bit awkward to confront them. I’ve just flung it outside their house instead though so hopefully they take the hint 😂😤

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Neighbour opposite has twice put mixed recycling and food in my wheelie bin, I only know it’s them cause there was birthday cards in each bag with their name on it (idiots!). I’m mad cause I could get in trouble with the ~bin police~ but I know the family so it’s a bit awkward to confront them. I’ve just flung it outside their house instead though so hopefully they take the hint 😂😤
My mum moved in June. About two weeks after she moved in she was on the phone to me and my sister and was complaining that her new neighbour is using her bin. It went on and she was like yeh I lift the lid to my bin, number 3 and…and me and my sister burst out laughing. She said what? We had to remind her she is number 1! So it was actually her who has been using the wrong bin!! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You can get a bin lock or if they continue to do it tell them you will report them to the council and there's a big fine for fly tipping.

Reactions: 1
My friend neighbour over the road told me he saw the witch a couple doors down putting rubbish in my wheelie bin, she had asked me previously & I agreed as thought it was a one off but she obviously took it as do it when you like cheeky cow. I popped out one day to the shops & realised I forgot my purse so drove home & she was stood on my doorstep, I thought she must be knocking but no she was stood there on her phone using my wifi, she mustve waited until she saw me go out. Free loader 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
My friend neighbour over the road told me he saw the witch a couple doors down putting rubbish in my wheelie bin, she had asked me previously & I agreed as thought it was a one off but she obviously took it as do it when you like cheeky cow. I popped out one day to the shops & realised I forgot my purse so drove home & she was stood on my doorstep, I thought she must be knocking but no she was stood there on her phone using my wifi, she mustve waited until she saw me go out. Free loader 🙄
Dont you have to type in the code? you do on mine.

Reactions: 1
You can get a bin lock or if they continue to do it tell them you will report them to the council and there's a big fine for fly tipping.
I’ve got a lock on it! There’s just a long boring story about how they got their rubbish in there and why I didn’t lock it on time one week 🙄. Cheeky gets though, I live on my own so usually have room to spare in my bin but bloody ask me first and don’t put the wrong stuff in there! Wheelie bins are serious business around here 😂

I’ve got a lock on it! There’s just a long boring story about how they got their rubbish in there and why I didn’t lock it on time one week 🙄. Cheeky gets though, I live on my own so usually have room to spare in my bin but bloody ask me first and don’t put the wrong stuff in there! Wheelie bins are serious business around here 😂
Our back garden is tiny and we have 4 bins in total. We started keeping them in our communal car park but then our neighbours used them for their overflow shite. Bin wars got pretty nasty and we ended up bringing them back in 😂 some people have no boundaries and are just entitled shits. You should've all seen the war that played out when they introduced slim bins and some families qualified for the bigger version, we got reported 10+ times to the council 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've got a bulky waste collection for tomorrow where I can throw items of furniture away for free. My neighbours were loudly talking about how dare we fly tip on the street. We think we are better than others blah blah blah. I had already written it out but I have added 10 very clear signs with the case reference for our collection and the date. They sounded gutted when they went out to sneak photos. Who actually gets a kick out of this tit?!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Our back garden is tiny and we have 4 bins in total. We started keeping them in our communal car park but then our neighbours used them for their overflow shite. Bin wars got pretty nasty and we ended up bringing them back in 😂 some people have no boundaries and are just entitled shits. You should've all seen the war that played out when they introduced slim bins and some families qualified for the bigger version, we got reported 10+ times to the council 😂
I think the problem is the bins dont get emptied enough and its really hard to get rid of things. Our bins only get taken every 2 weeks per bin and they are full to the brim and I'm having to squash things down all the time.Obviously its very rude to dump things in your bins, they should use the public litter bins for any extra they cant fit in their own bin.

Just had a right move alert that the house next door has gone up for rent. Means the dick heads are moving out!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Honestly best news ever. Might buy a lottery ticket...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
We live in a terraced house with a 4m high stone wall about 10m from the back of our house. We have a patio, and the house above has their back yard on the other side of the stone wall which has a row of latticework stones on top (with small gaps in). The house above is rented out. They can see over the wall because the ground level of their yard is higher.

Last summer I noticed a small square black object wedged into the latticework, but couldn’t see clearly what it was until I got a pair of binoculars out and realised it was a webcam. It was facing down at the back windows of our house. Wife was shitting bricks. I felt instantly enraged but thought well I’ll test it and see. I got a long pole and pushed the camera back and it fell down into their side. The next day it was back up. There was no reason for it to be there except to film our yard.
I asked my BIL who is in the police what we could do. He said better to just deal with it alone since it’s hard to prove any wrongdoing. So, I got up there on a ladder, grabbed the camera down and basically crushed it with a hammer and tossed it in the rubbish. About a week later another one appeared. So this time we put up a sign directly opposite which spelt out what we would do if they didn’t take it down.
The camera disappeared but it wasn’t until a couple of months later that I ran into a bloke who lives on that street and I asked about who lives in the house above. Glad I didn’t confront them, the guy apparently has a rep for being a pervert so at least we now know to keep the curtains shut. I did write to the landlord though who lives in another country and told them what happened so they can decide whether to renew that lease. With property in high demand I figure it’s only a matter of time until pervert gets booted out.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I’ve never met my neighbours joined onto me to say if they’re definitely odd but they keep parking infront of my house. Or rather the car hasn’t moved since I’ve moved in. Best thing is there’s nothing outside their own house so they could just park outside their own. People-ing makes me pretty anxious so I don’t want to go over there and ask if they could move when technically I have no right to the front of my house, it just makes parking on my driveway a bit tricky and if I have visitors I’m kind of hogging the shared driveway. I just don’t get why they aren’t in-front of their own house

This morning, i sent my first ever complaint of my life, to the management company of next door & i officially feel so guilty/scared at any repercussions from the neighbour 🙃 the management have tried to reassure me that they won’t let them know it’s come from me, or even a neighbour etc. but i am bricking it 🙃🙃 the guy is a complete psycho and has made the last year a living nightmare and i honestly can’t go on… i was 100% honest and i feel i had no choice to say something but, i am feeling absolutely dreadful. OH is angry that I’ve done it as it’s “obviously from us”… shitting it lol

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I live on a small development, everyone has parking and there’s visitor parking however there are still too many cars and often all the visitor spots are taken up by residents. One couple have 2 cars but only space for 1 on the drive. Every time one of them goes out they move the car off the drive if that’s not the one they’re using and park it in the visitor space 😂 They always ensure the drive is empty but never the visitor space. It’s been known for them to do this one more than once a day 😂

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.