Northern Ireland #6 Craic, Conflict and Current Affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest I've said similar on these threads about the PIRA as Jamie's views about his side.
But I'm not an PIRA supporter, I think they caused horrific pain and hurt to so many people. But I do agree there wasn't much of an alternative, the British armed a militia here to kill, what's the alternative to that.. .let them? And that view is very very difficult for people to understand. I certainly don't want us to go back to that. I know people might read that and feel hurt but that's what my mind says, minds may never meet on that.
It certainly doesn't mean I want anything bad to happen to my unionist friends.
I seen this video the other day and I think it totally sums up what you're saying.
Tell ye's one thing, being from here can be a roller coaster of emotions at times but at the moment its just bloody exhausting isn't it

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
To be honest I've said similar on these threads about the PIRA as Jamie's views about his side.
But I'm not an PIRA supporter, I think they caused horrific pain and hurt to so many people. But I do agree there wasn't much of an alternative, the British armed a militia here to kill, what's the alternative to that.. .let them? And that view is very very difficult for people to understand. I certainly don't want us to go back to that. I know people might read that and feel hurt but that's what my mind says, minds may never meet on that.
It certainly doesn't mean I want anything bad to happen to my unionist friends.
I agree with you. At the end of the IRA and UVF etc wouldn’t exist without the existence of each other. My point is that while there may have been no alternative back then it’s still important to acknowledge the hurt that was caused on both “sides”. Otherwise how will we ever draw a line under it and move on?The alternative is to carry on the endless us and them cycle of misery.
I mentioned before my uncle was murdered as a result of police collusion, his widow was pregnant at the time and had 4 other children at home. She has raised her children, my cousins, wonderfully. They’ve spoken publicly about forgiving the man who murdered their Dad and the police who put the gun in his hand. They have moved on and want better for the next generation.

Reactions: 4
Yes, its difficult. I don't know why there is this but the IRA mantra. It might be because unionism feels extremely threatened by their position. I really didn't know until recently that the GFA was not particularly embraced by everyone. I thought everyone thought it was a great idea and good for this place. So I imagine a lot of it comes from that and has festered for almost 25 years. SF PIRA Ireland is the bogeyman waiting patiently to take away identities, when really the nationalist community has just got on with it and to be fair a lot of unionism has too.
There's a cycle of fear here it comes around every twelfth and then separate incidents happen in between times. So we've actually done quite well considering.

People in glass houses…View attachment 1713666
Emma and Jeffrey don't allow replies.
If they want to use the platform and use it properly they should interact with the people. Cowards. Hiding behind terrible tragedies that any decent person would agree was disgusting.

Reactions: 5
Emma and Jeffrey don't allow replies.
If they want to use the platform and use it properly they should interact with the people. Cowards. Hiding behind terrible tragedies that any decent person would agree was disgusting.
Well of course they don’t they don’t want to be reminded of the irony they post…silence on this though 🙄

If they ain’t from AliExpress then huni I ain’t interested* 💁🏼‍♀️

*can’t afford it 😢😂
Did you watch? She tagged louis 😂
I actually got a fake chloe woody tote recently, the real was so not worth it 😂

Well of course they don’t they don’t want to be reminded of the irony they post…silence on this though 🙄

He's very brave. More people need to stand up and the media needs to listen. If anything else happens to that family people need to be on the streets.

Dup are really clutching at straws now, they are like the spoilt child who just wants their way all the time

Apparently a deal re Brexit is ready to go over the next few weeks, with or without the DUP support.
DUP obviously know this, Ian also said Chris Heaton-Harris is on his way out. I'm not comforted with them floundering tbh, desperate people do desperate things.

Ahhhhh now I slightly understand his dislike for CHH, he's going to announce a pay cut for MLAs today.

Ok pals, I’ve had painters in the house the last few days and I feel like my whole life has been upended. What the f have I missed? Where is this supermajority chat coming from? Are we having a border poll soon or why the f@ck is everyone going ballistic?! 😂

P.S removing Ian Óg from my list the gerrymandering bastard.

• Haha
Ok pals, I’ve had painters in the house the last few days and I feel like my whole life has been upended. What the f have I missed? Where is this supermajority chat coming from? Are we having a border poll soon or why the f@ck is everyone going ballistic?! 😂
Lol. How'd you manage to get a painter :unsure:
Ian surprised everyone yesterday by putting a supermajority bill in the commons. It won't even be looked at. But its given him lots of attention.
Basically he's dunging it over a BP so wants to move the goal posts in advance.

Lol. How'd you manage to get a painter :unsure:
Ian surprised everyone yesterday by putting a supermajority bill in the commons. It won't even be looked at. But its given him lots of attention.
Basically he's dunging it over a BP so wants to move the goal posts in advance.
By paying through the nose Mavis 😥
Here’s what I’ve never understood, the DUP etc are always so adamant that people wouldn’t vote for reunification, there’s “no appetite” for it blah blah blah. If that’s the case then why are they shitting their pants?

Also since when was 50+1 not a majority? That’s what the GFA says isn’t it? What constitutes a supermajority? Mary Lou’s speech must’ve hit the spot 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.