Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
If the DUP take top spot next time what’s to stop the Shinners refuting that? We’ll be in limbo for years.

Reactions: 5

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I completely get what you mean. I dont identify as orange or green or any similar label & it can leave you feeling a bit lost. I don’t feel Irish when I’m in the south as they don’t see you as Irish like them, but then when you go to Scotland/England/Wales they call you Irish 🤣 and I don’t feel British either.

I remember when I was in Scotland being jealous of their Scottish culture, like tartan and bagpipes and Braveheart lol and feeling like I can’t have that in NI without picking a side and there’s no neutral culture to choose either
I lived in Scotland for a while too and we were tempted to stay there. Its an amazing place to live and the people are so like us in regards to humour etc.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Don’t you know Jimmy’s Fav rag has something to throw at them ,same as Tracy nearly choking on her own vomit earlier when she was commentating . James McClean getting a touch too..Because he wore a black armband and bowed his head for the minutes silence🙄

Tracy had a face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle through the whole thing. The praise for Maskey was sticking in her throat 😂

They’re obsessed with James McClean, it’s a big deal when he doesn’t wear a poppy, it’s a big deal when he wears a black armband, he can’t win.

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
It's such a load of shit. The RA or IRA founded the Republic of Ireland it was hard won. People from Ireland sing about that because guess what??? They got the brits out of their country and have done pretty well.
Can. You. Not. Understand. That.

Unfortunately 6 counties got left behind.

Either the media is brainwashing people and melting their heads or they want something to yap about.

pommynoir

VIP Member
i was in a pub in london the other week, and Eimhear Rebel was playing. (She’s a rebel singer from Tyrone(?) although I assume most of you will be aware as I think it can be controversial when she plays up the north) she was wearing military style clothes with her eimhear rebel logo on them and selling tri colour head scarves with Tiocfaidh ár lá across them.

everyone sang along and knew every word to every song whether they were born in Ireland or England, Catholic or not.

from my experience, and living down the south they tend to romantisice it all and singing the songs and enjoying the “culture” is seen as acceptable in most settings.But then most don’t have a bloody clue what really went on. It was only when I decided to educate myself that I learnt how horrific it really was.

I don't think the RA has the same meaning in the south ,it's the old IRA they chant about ,same as the Wolftones .
I agree with this.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Yes, that context. I guess the men at their band parade a few nights ago chanting U. U. U.V.F are referring to www1. See its a merry-go-round.
My issue is why the surprise and outrage that Ireland has rebel songs, of course they do and beautiful poetry on the subject too and those who wish to sing or recite it are free to so and should never apologise or be made to feel embarrassed.
They are remembering people who fought and died for them in the same way as people wear poppies.
Slightly off topic...I buy a poppy every year, I don't mind but I've no real choice in the matter, a neighbour who was released under the GFA and who still has connections to this day makes sure that I do. He seems to enjoy it. Could I tell him no thank you? No, I definitely could not. So when I see the butt hurt on this thread it grates slightly.
I see a real difference in the two communities when it comes to these petty things. I simply couldn’t care less if the OO want to march all day every day, or if people want to cover their houses in flags and bunting, let them at it. All I see is insecurity. I don’t need a tricolour on my house to remind me I’m Irish when I hear the hear the language spoken every day in my home and the sports being played in my garden. The tin whistle is deafening me here as I type but the less said about that the better 🙉😏😆
You would be exhausted if you got offended by all of these things, Mr Bryson is a perfect example. I know we take the piss but nobody can tell me that man is happy when he’s clearly consumed by hatred.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Doesn’t the guy that exposed Saville want to expose another top celebrity but they’re stopping it.
Apparently Delboy.
Yip, my husband is more clued up on this than I am, seen him with a few books on the subject, possibly one written by a man in the army who blew the whistle on it. He's out riding right now but I'll pick his brains later 😏 🚲 🚵

• Wow

BigMavis

VIP Member
I've had 3 cans of M&S fizzy alcopop, I'm going to try Dahmer again,fully expect to have finished the series before my lot have watched ep 5. Go hard or Go home. All day yesterday I checked the doors were locked multiple times.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
I love those mad bastards.
Off topic, hypothetically if you were putting a new kitchen in what colour and what should you have remembered?
Look at the Farrow and Ball colour Pigeon Mavis. I’m not trolling you as I know you don’t like pigeons, I think it’s a beautiful colour for a kitchen 😂

Drawers for pots and pans rather than cupboards, I’ve cupboards and they pain me. Drawers inside the larder for food storage too, so much easier to see things. Dishwasher located for handy loading and unloading.

Oh and sockets, wish we had more.

BigMavis

VIP Member
I'm a bit weirded out by it all now. People are curtseying at their TVs and shit. Fuqs going on?

• Haha