Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Who is ELG?

I would probably give John finucane one, provided he freshened up after being caught having a slash 😂

Bobby singleton looks nice but I’m told he is a lot shorter than you would expect so maybe not in real life.

colum Eastwood is alright but would want him to lose the beard.

Reactions: 6

pommynoir

VIP Member
Must be the mum , what an awful way to go 🙁
Yeah it is the mum, some of my family just live down the road. There was allegedly a custody battle between her and her husband. So heartbreaking. A farmer rescued her, I can’t imagine what he saw finding those little kiddies:

• Sad

Rogue-rats

Well I find that attitude far more insulting than Triona asking is the Queen dead.
You cannot call people looking for justice for the murder of their relatives by a foreign country just "dragging up the past" that's absolutely ridiculous and shows such ignorance and also I find it disgusting to say "Time to move on"
I will never forget and just move on. For all the reverence paid to the Queens relatives for their grief you might want to remember the victims of the British military here were also someone's father, brother,son, or mother and by the way I have no glee or vitriol over the death of the Queen but I certainly don't mourn the loss but I do morn the loss of my relatives and friends affected by the British government.
I'm sorry for the death of your relatives.

The Good Friday Agreement was about moving on. Nobody is stopping anybody looking for justice for unsolved murders or the bodies of the Disappeared etc, but holding an entire country in such vitriol for the actions of a minority is baffling to me. Blame the government or the PM that ordered British Soldiers to open fire, or blame the Unionist dissident groups that planted the bomb. The IRA did their fair share of murdering as well, they weren't averse to killing British soldiers or civilians in Omagh etc. Murder on either side of a conflict is wrong.

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Why did the BelTel and Nolan make so much fuss about some supermarket being open today when plenty of places in London are open and not just small independent shops. Anyone follow Brenda Dennehy? She’s an Irish girl living in London and working for the Daily Mail. She was posting from Pret, it’s open today and there were people fighting in it. Something about a dog climbing up on a seat 😂 anyway my point is, if London businesses are open then what’s the fuss about shops here staying open?
There’s an east Belfast cafe that was getting hounded about being open too on fb. However some commenters pointing out they were careworkers so glad of it and pointed out line pensioners could depend upon it. I can understand if places choose to close but forcing places to close when they are doing a good service or maybe trying to keep themselves afloat is just stupid.

• Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member

Jeffrey is a scundered to one hundred 💯

I think us fenians do death a bit better too - it’s respectful but personal. Must be all that ‘wake’ Experience
This might be the best thing I've ever seen.

I don't normally post on this thread, but I should. I've been in bed most of the day (covid) and this has cheered me right up. The covid has been brutal, but it got me out of Garth Brooks, so... swings and roundabouts.

Michelle really loves her Botox doesn’t she?!
I saw (and spoke to) Michelle earlier this year (very random meeting). Didn't look botoxed then, but it was months ago. It could just be the makeup. Her face hasn't really changed much over the years (although I'll admit I am awful at spotting work).

That black suit is lovely on her. She's in great shape atm.

Last edited:

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Are you serious? Do you not find it so creepy? I'm a nervous wreck in Disney land so its probably just me.
Deadly serious Mavis, I couldn’t keep a straight face watching something as shit as that 🙈😂 people wearing masks doesn’t bother me tbh, it’s the people who would stab you in the back with a bare face who scare me more.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

BigMavis

VIP Member
I’m not sure exactly what you mean and to be fair it’s probably not the best time to really but I don’t believe the Ra are a great bunch of lads.
Well, Michael Collins is one of my heroes. To be honest all those brave IRA soldiers who fought for Irelands freedom and independence are my heroes.

• Haha

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Get in the bin Ben Lowry. "Crucial unfairness" wah wah wah, "the good Friday agreement was rigged against unionists"
Here's the truth the creation of Northern Ireland was only designed to last roughly a century.
Such yapping and hand wringing this morning, absolutely dunging it over a border poll. Why?
These people would deny nationalists air if they could.
Don’t understand the hysteria over a border poll, if they’re so sure that people want to remain in the union then what’s the problem with putting it to a vote? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anyone notice how much PUL are into CT Jimmy posts a lot of stuff from these sites View attachment 1605751

Depends on the cost it may not be viable with the electricity increase’s lol
The mouse on my son’s computer looks identical to that ferry 😂

• Haha

Wee Nora

VIP Member
The BBC wouldn't have shown what was happening at CR home if there wasn't something to this, that's my take anyway. Was he definitely in Kincora, I know the visitor books speculates a pseudonym was used.
No proof as such Mavis just the speculation that he used the name “Kitty” on the guest register. “Gladys” was his boyfriend and also appeared on the visitor log. Then there was this account from a survivor. I’ll put it under a spoiler as it’s disturbing and graphic.
One alleged victim said he was made to strip naked and sit on a glass coffee table in the staff quarters of Kincora. He knew he was going to be abused. Two men then entered the room, he recognised one of them instantly as Cliff Richard. CR allegedly lay on the floor under the glass coffee table and took photographs from underneath. CR then allegedly watched as the boy was raped by the other man. He was allowed milk and biscuits afterwards.

The level of detail he was able to recall makes me believe he was telling the truth.

• Sad
  • Sick