Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Foolish of them but it made me feel old. They're too young to remember the Troubles, the GFA and consider it old history. Not that I'm in any way defending it, mind.
This is the thing with a lot of these videos. The vast majority of these sports people seem to have no idea of what a horror show the troubles actually were. It’s like they may think they are sticking it to the DUP/Jamie/Sinn Fein/Whoever but in fact it is just normal people who have lost loved ones.

Reactions: 7

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Guys I have been thinking about it for days and not sure how I am saying this as I have had a few.

I wasn’t overly offended by the ROI women doing the song, as previously posted it was roll eyes, discussion of lafferty etc and general social media output.

i get that you all have a different perception of the Wolfe tones song and that is fine. We have all different outlooks.

The only thing that is kind of bothering me at present is a load of English people who think they are getting the tories and singing up the ra like it is a big fucking joke.

it just feels a bit insensitive to me. My mother’s brother died(murdered by the Ra… ohhh ahhh) the year before my own brother was born and when I look at photos it must be so hard for her to see my brother, her son look exactly like the brother she lost who I never met.
I get that everyone has a story like this. I get that those of you from a nationalist/republican background have a different upbringing and views and I think we mostly share views but I’m genuinely finding hard that English people think this is alll a bit of craic. Download the Wolfe tones to stick it to the tories but Actually I’m just an ordinary person who isn’t involved in any loyalism here who has had family members killed by the RA.

i know many of you have different backgrounds and experiences of the opposite views and I’m not trying to diminish those at all. This is just how I feel

• Heart

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Monga won't be stopped. She's going to ruin Daniel with deep fakes.
I don’t like talk of ‘ruining’ Daniel as I have decided he is still a virgin and nothing will sway me otherwise.

I can give you a link to the documentary about his life. Sambo is a legend and a pure gentleman, a genius with a hurl and he couldn’t even speak until he was a teenager, battered at school for his debilitating speech impediment 😢 Had tears rolling down my face watching it.

He speaks about that incident about 18 mins in.
I’ll give this a watch now. I haven’t heard of him myself but thought it looked interesting.

completely off topic but I don’t smoke (officially) but I do like a wee puff when I am drinking but I can’t do it in the house as my partner goes nuts (quite rightly). I bought one of those wee vape things in the winemark earlier so have been having a sneaky one when I go to the kitchen. I’m not sure what the cover story is Going to be When he gets a whiff of blue raspberry but I’m feeling smug.

• Haha

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Jeffrey saying he discussed the protocol with the King. When? Is someone telling wee white lies?
Stick out your tongue Jeff, lies make baby Jesus cry.
But why would Daniel O’Donnell speak to the King about the protocol? That makes no sense at all.

• Haha

Wee Nora

VIP Member
I look at some of those horror shows and documentaries on Netflix that are designed to shock us. None of them come close to what happened at Kincora. The biggest scandal and cover up of our time going right to the heart of MI5 and how many people have even heard of it? I absolutely believe them.
I hope this doesn’t turn into an us vs themmuns thing because of Mountbatten’s royal connections. Boys from both sides of the community were terrorised, vilified and raped in that hell hole.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
So that’s both Wanye West and Sean Paul on the list 😂 do we know for sure what Rihanna was up to that time she was surrounded by peelers in the New Lodge? 🤔

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
A few years ago I was Took to the jungle in Moneymore? for a fright night thing. I'm still not right, a large group of clowns with real chainsaws ran after me.

• Haha
  • Wow

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
Spent most of my afternoon crying ladies.
I work full time and kids in school and childcare. My childcare monthly bill is almost the same as my wage, but have always been reluctant to leave work and be a stay at home mother cos I would honestly lose the will to live. I dont have the fanciest job but I love sitting in my wee office and chatting to coworkers etc.
Anyway, because of the cost we're entitled to help for it from UC. Submitted my evidence today to get my wee bit back (about 40% of my bill covered) and was told I'd be getting £0.
I burst into tears in work, I've never done that before. But I have £30 left in my account and 3 weeks to payday. I eventually got it sorted after a chat with a lovely man from UC (who made me cry even more).
I HATE this. I've never had a day of unemployment since I was 16. I've done everything right and still in crippled. I've honestly spent most of today in tears about what a mess this whole country is in and I'm nervous and worried. I don't like relying om any help. 😭😭

• Heart
  • Sad

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
So here we are, thread number 5.

recap:

Still no stormont executive
Still no answers on Noah
Jamie is still being a dick
Some loyalists/republicans sang inappropriate songs (delete/repeat as you wish)
The Queen died and even the republicans on here are glued to the spectacle of it all
Michelle O’Neill is a big west Brit and is going to Cosy up to the King this week.

• Haha

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
I think realistically there is no need to get so worked up about the census. I can’t remember what the options were but I’m pretty sure I selected other or no religion.
I also picked Northern Irish.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Did you your hair done? Facial?
I can only dream dragon 😂 Tattle has finally promoted me to VIP member (again) 🙌😂
I’d like to thank you, my dear fellow norn iron Tattlers for keeping me in craic. Special mention to my muse, my inspiration, the King of Twitter Mr Jamie Bryson for providing so much riveting content for me to Tattle about 😘 To other members reading this and wondering if you’ll ever make it to the dizzy heights of VIP status, stick with it, it’s tough but you’re tougher 💪 Thank you and goodnight 🏆

• Haha

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
See the Republic ladies now caught up in an ‘Up The Ra’ video.
I can’t keep up! Surely the FAI would have seen all the recent fuss about lafferty et al and had a conversation with their teams about social media.
Foolish of them but it made me feel old. They're too young to remember the Troubles, the GFA and consider it old history. Not that I'm in any way defending it, mind.

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Ach a wee girl in primary school :cry:
This has to one of the worst tragedies outside the troubles, remember reading about a fire in a nightclub in donegal.
Poor wee thing 😢 Aside from the troubles I always think Tyrone and Donegal have had more tragedies than anywhere else. Some awful road tragedies in Donegal over the years. Remember a couple years ago a woman lost her whole family when their car went into Lough Foyle at Quigley’s Point? 😢 I think they’d been bowling in Derry for the son’s birthday if I remember correctly.

• Sad

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Feeling an immense sense of pride this evening folks. My youngest goes to an Irish Creative Writing class once a week at after schools club. The group leader rang me today to tell me she’d written a story about a cat chasing a dog on a scooter and that it was hilariously witty and her written Irish is perfect. He says he’s going to send it off for some competition, a cat chasing a dog on a scooter like 😂 No idea where she gets it from 😜🤔

• Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
You can't stop rebel music. It illustrates history here, a long and fractious history. Maybe we should stop trying to do that and stop apologising for it because it offends peoples sensibilities. People from NI who label themselves as British will have deal with that history, I don't know maybe they could open a book.
I would suggest colonialism for dummies.
Jealous of the tones perhaps....I would be....especially when whats on offer is offering a hunger striker a chicken burger.
That shankill page is disgusting. Rank. The very worst of society here.