Norris Nuts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live in the us and there is a lot of stuff going on with COVID-19 and the government but there are a few states that are under control like NJ and NY. I think a lot of people looking to move to another county or just looking at America always think of America as a whole. I live in a small town and really nothing the “president” or any other government official does affects me directly. Like yeah you have to obey the laws and stuff like that but other than that the government has no say in what I do.

I think her obsession with the US is a little strange too because it does have to do a lot with food. In one of their recent videos she was talking about clothes and how there were more expensive clothes in the US. That might be another reason why she wants to visit. Biggy also really likes expensive clothes so maybe he would want to come to America for that too.

Maybe it’s because I’m not from Australia but why would they lose fans if they go to another country. It’s not like they meet any fans. They are all so isolated, they never talk to anyone but their siblings and parents. Do some people only follow them because they live in Australia?
I think because their Australian that makes them different and their channel more appealing because nearly all the big youtube family channel’s are American if they moved to America nothing would set them apart from the rest if that makes sense so they might lose views and subscribers

Reactions: 5
I think because their Australian that makes them different and their channel more appealing because nearly all the big youtube family channel’s are American if they moved to America nothing would set them apart from the rest if that makes sense so they might lose views and subscribers
I said in a different comment that them living in Australia isn’t what made them famous, it was that they were really good at surfing and skateboarding and that they were so young. They could start competing more in competitions like they did before. They don’t really do that kind of stuff anymore so they have to rely on younger fans watching their videos. Even if they lose views and subscribers (they already are), they still have time to make better decisions with what they want to do. If they don’t want to continue surfing and skating in competitions than they shouldn’t focus on being famous. The parents should get jobs and the kids can go to school (after getting tutors and extra help). They could still do YouTube just not as much so it doesn’t take up 95% of their lives. Them moving to a small town in another country might help them get a fresh start. They can of course post vlogs like they did before of their actual lives instead of challenges, but not as much. If they want to be famous than that’s fine, but being famous for acting like children and embarrassing themselves is not the way to go.

I don’t know the laws in Australia but I’m kind of surprised that Brooke hasn’t lost costody of the kids or that their neighbors haven't noticed, or if they have, haven’t done anything to help the kids.

Reactions: 3
I said this before but Biggy and disco could share that other room and charm could take Biggy’s spot when she gets a little older. Then put up a few walls so Sabre and Sockie can have their own rooms.

I completely agree. My mom and dad would have told me that I should find some new activities if I wasn’t good at singing. it is mostly the mom telling them what they should and shouldn’t do. Something that always bothered me about it was the fact that the dad doesn’t do anything. He could talk to the mom separately about giving the kids less restrictions and if the mom doesn’t agree, find a way to give them more freedom when she’s not around. Take them out of the house more and start being more involved in what they do.
This is random but when I was 8 I really wanted to go on American Idol and I told my mom this all excited. And she looks me dead in the eyes and goes "but you have to be able to sing to go on American Idol" and from that day on I knew professional singer was not my calling

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is random but when I was 8 I really wanted to go on American Idol and I told my mom this all excited. And she looks me dead in the eyes and goes "but you have to be able to sing to go on American Idol" and from that day on I knew professional singer was not my calling
Oh my god haha. I told my mum I wanted to go on Britain's Got Talent and she was a bit less blunt but still said "You've got to be really good to go on there", and that's how I realised singing also wasn't my calling. Brooke might want to try it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I said in a different comment that them living in Australia isn’t what made them famous, it was that they were really good at surfing and skateboarding and that they were so young. They could start competing more in competitions like they did before. They don’t really do that kind of stuff anymore so they have to rely on younger fans watching their videos. Even if they lose views and subscribers (they already are), they still have time to make better decisions with what they want to do. If they don’t want to continue surfing and skating in competitions than they shouldn’t focus on being famous. The parents should get jobs and the kids can go to school (after getting tutors and extra help). They could still do YouTube just not as much so it doesn’t take up 95% of their lives. Them moving to a small town in another country might help them get a fresh start. They can of course post vlogs like they did before of their actual lives instead of challenges, but not as much. If they want to be famous than that’s fine, but being famous for acting like children and embarrassing themselves is not the way to go.
Initially they did get a lot of their following from being Australian - them being the kids of a local former olympian and known locally for their surfing and skating, plus Sabre's initial rise to fame appearing on Australian breakfast TV (calling her dad fat!). Australians love to support their own and from Sabre's initial appearance they gained a lot of Aussie fans.

I think it is that they want to be famous but for other things besides their sport now - as seen with their attempts at singing, performing, etc.
The parents both had good jobs before youtube but have seemed to turn to the fame (presumably after seeing how much money can be made from youtube?). That being said they were already pretty well off to begin with - the swim school was worth a couple million, and the houses they live in are also million dollar houses.

Agree with the kids needing extra help in their schooling though - education should always be a priority no matter what but I'm assuming that they still see their tutors regularly. I think in Australia you have to register to homeschool? Not sure if they do check-ups on students but I assume its fairly regulated, even if the kids seem very behind.

I live in the us and there is a lot of stuff going on with COVID-19 and the government but there are a few states that are under control like NJ and NY. I think a lot of people looking to move to another county or just looking at America always think of America as a whole. I live in a small town and really nothing the “president” or any other government official does affects me directly. Like yeah you have to obey the laws and stuff like that but other than that the government has no say in what I do.

I think her obsession with the US is a little strange too because it does have to do a lot with food. In one of their recent videos she was talking about clothes and how there were more expensive clothes in the US. That might be another reason why she wants to visit. Biggy also really likes expensive clothes so maybe he would want to come to America for that too.

Maybe it’s because I’m not from Australia but why would they lose fans if they go to another country. It’s not like they meet any fans. They are all so isolated, they never talk to anyone but their siblings and parents. Do some people only follow them because they live in Australia?

They have met fans..i saw them at a meet and greet near where I live (I live an hr away from the NN)..i just feel like if they move to the US, the Aussie legends won't matter as much..Sabre makes such a big deal out of it..all those kids are cash cows for their mother..living the life she wanted, through them..I'm finding them very hypocritical too..their latest video on watching funny tiktoks, there was a guy who posted his cat with a nasty tail..Sabre actually said " he's using his cat for views..hang on Sabre, you use your medical issues for views, your own mother uses the whole family for views..you're a hypocrite..

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
They have met fans..i saw them at a meet and greet near where I live (I live an hr away from the NN)..i just feel like if they move to the US, the Aussie legends won't matter as much..Sabre makes such a big deal out of it..all those kids are cash cows for their mother..living the life she wanted, through them..I'm finding them very hypocritical too..their latest video on watching funny tiktoks, there was a guy who posted his cat with a nasty tail..Sabre actually said " he's using his cat for views..hang on Sabre, you use your medical issues for views, your own mother uses the whole family for views..you're a hypocrite..
so I get that the Australian fans wont think they matter at all, but think about the other countries that they never mention. Just because they move somewhere else shouldn’t mean any of the legends matter less. And as you said they did a meet and greet in Australia, but they want to meet other fans to. If they ever do move to another country than it probably won’t be permanent. Sabre has started talking about the US less in the videos. Maybe so the other countries legends won’t feel bad or because her obsession is calming down. Either way, it shouldn’t matter where they live because they’re never going to forget Australia. They’ll always talk about the different things they do in America and Australia.

Reactions: 2
I feel like Sabre's interest in the US stems from her remembering being on Ellen and getting a bunch of free sweets backstage and getting to go to the Kids choice awards. Again it’s mainly about the fame for them. America is hardly an exotic country compared to Australia, they're quite similar culturally. Wonder what happened with the TV network they supposedly sent a sizzle reel to? They’ve all become so performative now.

I’m sure Justin was doing good with that swim school, now I think they have just become so reliant on youtube that it would be quite hard to find work in a few years if they decide they want to actually work rather than live off their children’s online presence. Kids should never be the ones supporting their parents, even if they find it fun and enjoy doing it. They need more time spent learning and preparing for real life, less time filming each other.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just watched their new gaming video and they were building the mums dream house. In the beginning they were talking about if they were still going to live with the mum even when she gets old. They were all saying they were going to live with her forever, which I guess if fine if they were going to still have some independence but they don’t have any now so I don’t know what they think is going to change. later in the video Sabre was saying that she wanted to move out when she was like 25. That’s only 10 years away. Most kids would want to get more freedom and move out sooner, but she want to move out at 25. I get that a lot of people do stay with their parents until they can get a stable job and a house of their own. But if they’re going to keep doing YouTube than they’re not going to be able to get a job, mostly because they’re not going to be able to get a good paying job so they can keep living the way they are now with no education or knowledge of anything other than editing a video. Why would she move out than? She’s not going to be able to be independent or self-reliant.

Did anyone else see that in their newest gaming video, they all have computers for the kids and the parents to edit. I thought the kids only edited?
😯

Reactions: 2
In their latest video reacting to TikToks the kids all talk about normal tv shows they used to watch when little. But disco and charm are only allowed to watch Norris nuts play time? Seems like maybe Brooke has gotten more controlling as times gone on.

Will be interesting to see what Sabre does when she turns 18. She’ll be 16 in Jan, surely she wants friends her own age. Doesn’t she just want to go to the beach or shops and hang out with her friends, not her siblings??

• Heart
I think the NN have got to realise that moving to another country, such as America, won't mean they always get to go to buffets, and moving to England won't mean that Sockie gets to meet Gordon ramsay 24/7. They live in a very good place with regards to youtube though-nearby mall for shopping challenges, big park close by, lots of other assorted entertainment-y places that can be handy whilst filming. There's also a surf nearby and skateparks-there house is in a great location, and I feel like that's why Justin (I think) doesn't want to move, cause he knows they may not find a better location for filming etc.

Also, I feel like they do still skate, just not in-video, because why, if they were doing a shopping challenge for example, would they need to go skating randomly halfway through it? We did used to see them skate in videos but that was because they did less challenges and more vlogs, so it makes sense. I don't know. I just feel like they do still skate, just off-camera

Just watched their latest vlog about school supplies..why do they need to vlog about this?..they're homeschooled..honestly, are they going to climb out of bed, and run to the next room with a pencil case?..Brooke's desperate for content at the moment..

• Haha
Anyone on here Australian is sabre in her last year of high school this next school year or has she got a few more years to go till she’s finished school?

Dont know if Sabre has grown but if she is the size of a 10/11 year old and she is almost the same height as Sockie then Sockie is small for a 13 year old as well..

Anyone on here Australian is sabre in her last year of high school this next school year or has she got a few more years to go till she’s finished school?
I’m not from Australia but i am a year younger than Sabre and I’m going into my freshman year of high school. I would assume that she’s going to be a sophomore or that year anyways. Grade 10.
Dont know if Sabre has grown but if she is the size of a 10/11 year old and she is almost the same height as Sockie then Sockie is small for a 13 year old as well..
i think it’s because they don’t eat enough. They probably would grow more if they ate a variety of food instead of just fruits and vegetables. they’re going to grow up thinking that anything that isn’t fruits and vegetables is going to make them fat. They’re all going to all have eating disorders when they get older.

sabre posted a tiktok about how she’s been on growth hormones for 9 months and she’s still under 5’0, in a recent gaming video her, sockie and naz all stood in line together and sabre is taller than sockie now only by maybe an inch or a cm. sabre replied to a comment saying she’s just under 150cm on the tiktok, meaning she’s probably 4’10 and sockie is probably 4’9. i don’t think any of them have actually grown properly for a while except sabre they all seem to look the same height as they did last year. i think their restrictive diet plays a big part in it but also i’ve heard that overdoing exercise can delay puberty and they do seem to work out a lot, surfing, skating and their workouts. even if they eat a normal amount which i don’t think they even do, all that exercise means they should really eat at least another 500 cals and not just eat fruit and veg. i feel bad for them tbh, i remember me and my class doing our height and weight in year 6 (i’m from the uk) idk how i remember since it was sooo long ago but i was measured as 4’11 when i was 10 almost 11, i was tall and an early bloomer but it’s crazy to think that sockie is shorter than that (sabre i know has a medical condition). they could just be late developers from genetics but brooke is almost 6 foot and justin is over 6 foot so surely at least some of them should be tall for their age. my 11 year old cousin who showed me the norris nuts and watches them regularly is actually 5’2 but has not hit puberty yet so it’s strange that they’re not even just tall for their age

also in one of sabres medical videos she explained that the part of her brain which tells her to grow hasn’t properly developed. i know that restrictive diets can stop brain development so maybe that could be the issue with that? i know she has other problems like chiari malformation but with that one i’m just thinking that could be a possibility. nothing certain though

• Heart
sabre posted a tiktok about how she’s been on growth hormones for 9 months and she’s still under 5’0, in a recent gaming video her, sockie and naz all stood in line together and sabre is taller than sockie now only by maybe an inch or a cm. sabre replied to a comment saying she’s just under 150cm on the tiktok, meaning she’s probably 4’10 and sockie is probably 4’9. i don’t think any of them have actually grown properly for a while except sabre they all seem to look the same height as they did last year. i think their restrictive diet plays a big part in it but also i’ve heard that overdoing exercise can delay puberty and they do seem to work out a lot, surfing, skating and their workouts. even if they eat a normal amount which i don’t think they even do, all that exercise means they should really eat at least another 500 cals and not just eat fruit and veg. i feel bad for them tbh, i remember me and my class doing our height and weight in year 6 (i’m from the uk) idk how i remember since it was sooo long ago but i was measured as 4’11 when i was 10 almost 11, i was tall and an early bloomer but it’s crazy to think that sockie is shorter than that (sabre i know has a medical condition). they could just be late developers from genetics but brooke is almost 6 foot and justin is over 6 foot so surely at least some of them should be tall for their age. my 11 year old cousin who showed me the norris nuts and watches them regularly is actually 5’2 but has not hit puberty yet so it’s strange that they’re not even just tall for their age

also in one of sabres medical videos she explained that the part of her brain which tells her to grow hasn’t properly developed. i know that restrictive diets can stop brain development so maybe that could be the issue with that? i know she has other problems like chiari malformation but with that one i’m just thinking that could be a possibility. nothing certain though
Their diet is really restrictive, they are not getting enough calories. Those microwave meals, Weetabix and fruits/veg with occasionally stuffing themselves on doughnuts and sweets when Brooke isn’t looking just isn’t cutting it. I’d be worried about Sockie’s growth now too if I were the parents. Surely Sabre’s doctor has explained the importance of eating wholesome calorie packed meals what with how active they are and especially for her to grow taller.

Apparently chiari malformation runs in the family so other kids could also have it, but restrictive diets do slow growth dramatically so it’s hard to tell. Sockie should be taller than Sabre by now I’d think, even with Sabre’s growth hormones. Also I didn't think about brain development, maybe that is also part of why she can be so immature for her age, her brain hasn't developed like a teenager's would.

Their diet is really restrictive, they are not getting enough calories. Those microwave meals, Weetabix and fruits/veg with occasionally stuffing themselves on doughnuts and sweets when Brooke isn’t looking just isn’t cutting it. I’d be worried about Sockie’s growth now too if I were the parents. Surely Sabre’s doctor has explained the importance of eating wholesome calorie packed meals what with how active they are and especially for her to grow taller.

Apparently chiari malformation runs in the family so other kids could also have it, but restrictive diets do slow growth dramatically so it’s hard to tell. Sockie should be taller than Sabre by now I’d think, even with Sabre’s growth hormones. Also I didn't think about brain development, maybe that is also part of why she can be so immature for her age, her brain hasn't developed like a teenager's would.
yeah the doctor must’ve explained it to them, i feel like brooke is stubborn and doesn’t want to listen to them though, i don’t see why she feels the need to really restrict them that much like fair enough if you want them to be healthy but eating 1000 calories is not healthy and she should know that, i feel like maybe she’s trying to keep them looking super young or something, i don’t know i may be assuming too much but it’s kind of worrying how little they eat and how much they exercise.

yeah they could potentially have chiari malformation, however it doesn’t really mess up everyone’s growth and i would be surprised if all the kids had it. they’re all incredibly short for their age, they look the same height they were in their 2018 videos. i knew somebody who had an eating disorder from age 10-12 and she had stopped growing, as soon as she recovered her growing got back on track again even though she is short now she isn’t anything out of the ordinary. i know these kids don’t necessarily have eating disorders but they’re controlled diet from their mum is not far from what someone with an eating disorder eats, and the exercise as well, so i really do think their diet has a lot to do with their growth. and i agree, maybe their brains aren’t the same as people their age hence why they all still act 8-12 rather than 9-15. that could also be because of parenting and social life but i do think their brain development isn’t perfect, definitely sabre anyway as she said it herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.