Noel Philips

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As far as is understood he’s got a visa because he registered his business there and is paying taxes. He mentioned in a video once that they were amazed that you could emigrate tothe U.S just as a result of running a business there. Rache used to work as some sort of physic life coach (I know!) so maybe she’s doing that over there too. Whatever it is they’re making enough to support his family along with her disabled parents. The cost of health insurance alone must immense. He said they have every intention of getting a permanent visa if they can. They don’t want to return to the U.K.
They’re on E2 Visas. These are ‘investor’ visas, requiring the holder to invest $50k into a business in the US. They have many restrictions, the main ones being 1) that they must be renewed every two years, with resubmission of business plans and proving continued profitability. These can be and often are declined 2) you cant Work for any other employer 3) there’s absolutely no path to a green card (permanent residency) 4) the kids age out at 18 and have to move back home. The parents will be on visitor visas which do get issued to retirees and are good for 6 months at a time.

Reactions: 5
Couple of hot takes from his latest video:

1) No Noel, you’re not a true Texan.

2) (Says it’s getting cold in Texas so goes to Cancun “for a few hours” to go to the tropical hotspot of Frankfurt)

3) If the conceit of the video is whether if a plane is ugly, I…yeah, time to shut it down.

Reactions: 1
The constant whinging and complete lack of interest in anywhere he goes or anything he sees is so gross.

'Wah wah this plane is ugly wah wah wah'

Reactions: 2
Okay so I haven't seen Noel's videos in several years, mainly because I'm more interested in travel videos where they actually explore and not just sit in the airport waiting for the next plane home. Watching Noel's videos as someone who isn't white made me very frustrated because I feel like every time he steps into countries within Asia or Africa, he does not care about the country, but the aspect of taking a flight somewhere and leaving as soon as possible as if he's one of those white saviours exerting his privilege in every way. I've seen the racism he presents, it's grotesque and at times I've noticed he is extremely rude to people from the countries he visits, blaming it on the fact that they clearly cannot understand English easily (he might not say this but I definitely know when someone does) or the fact that everyone's out to cheat him! He's so cheap with his money too, and the fact that whenever he goes to a non-Western country, the video titles are stereotypical and clickbait. It's wrong on all levels. It entices racist people to engage with him and enable this type of behaviour. Nobody forces him to go to a country like Burkina Faso, his problem is that he takes a very media approach to the places he visits, taking scaremongering articles seriously and applying that rhetoric to a country. For the most part, people in every country are nice, if you act apprehensive and mighty, they're actually likely to annoy you and show you exactly what you assume that country to be.

I honestly believe he does all this to just to act better than everybody else and exert his narcissism because that's what it literally is. He's not famous, well-educated about cultural issues and the places he visits, he's just a self-absorbent YouTuber who truly wastes his opportunity to go explore and make actual content that's enjoyable. Instead he perpetuates the stereotypes about people and countries and one of the reasons why I spent my entire time at school feeling ashamed of my ethnic background.

Reactions: 10
he does not care about the country
He's openly admitted he doesn't do any research about counties his he is visiting on other forums, and he also didn't bother to acknowledge/read the travel advisories about Myanmar on his latest video before going there. I don't think cares at all about anywhere he goes, only thinks about the money coming in from views.

He makes Carl Pilkington look like a cultured traveller in comparison

Reactions: 9
Thats probably the worst thing about him, that he just doesnt bother researching where he goes. No interest in anything beyond his own nose, thick as tit and he also defiantly leans into this imo. Pig ignorant, and proud of it. I stopped watching ages ago because all the patronising crap about third world countries gave me the ick

Reactions: 8
Thats probably the worst thing about him, that he just doesnt bother researching where he goes. No interest in anything beyond his own nose, thick as tit and he also defiantly leans into this imo. Pig ignorant, and proud of it. I stopped watching ages ago because all the patronising crap about third world countries gave me the ick
Pig ignorant is the perfect description for him. I came across him by chance when I was having a lot of sleepless nights when I first got a puppy. I initially didn’t mind the videos but his constant loo reviews, the way he eats and checking to see if the inflight entertainment included the Big Bang theory or young sheldon was driving me loopy. His inability to communicate with anyone that wasn’t a native English speaker even if they could speak English was completely cringy. He’s so uneducated and I can’t see how he’s managed to build a career out of doing this. He isn’t interesting or engaging and he’s so lacking in basic social skills.

Reactions: 6
He named Sam in his latest video (I Flew to Asia's Least Visited Country: Here's What Happened) at 4:00 as a YouTuber who gets paid to say nice things about airlines. I wonder if this will start aviation community beef

He named Sam in his latest video (I Flew to Asia's Least Visited Country: Here's What Happened) at 4:00 as a YouTuber who gets paid to say nice things about airlines. I wonder if this will start aviation community beef
Just watched the clip for context. Sam always struck me as a shill, and Josh…Josh ain’t a saint either so yeah, if you lie with pigs you’re gonna get muddy.

There's plenty beef on the flyer forums. Sam is hated for being on the payroll. Josh is hated for being such a whiny witch and everyone hates Noel!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Commiserations to the Australians that had to endure 4 days of being filmed by the ginger minger. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't actually get noel he flys all over but never seems to spend anytime anywhere, surely he could get more content staying in places.

He’s not interested in places or people. He’s interested in aviation and ticking off flights/routes/aircraft etc.

I Would normally agree but given the evidence we’ve seen of his occasional interactions with foreigners which are usually taking the piss, being disrespectful or racist it’s probably best that he doesn’t.

Reactions: 3