Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

saywhat22

Does anyone here follow Sanne Vloet as well? She posted an "update" video on YouTube today about why she's taking a break from posting/hasn't been posting as much - normally I would respect the need to step away from social media, but she sounded sooo privileged and out of touch with reality, like Niomi. Sanne lives in a luxury apartment in LA, just got back from spending two weeks visiting family in Amsterdam, a month "working" at a restaurant in Italy learning cooking, and two weeks on vacation on the beach in Mexico with her bf. She just started her own skincare company earlier this year but similar to Niomi I think she's just the pretty face behind the brand. Anyway, she was going on and on about how EXHAUSTED she was and feeling so down because of the pandemic and just life in general. I wonder if these pampered lifestyles create a vicious cycle of making influencers less and less relatable and less able to handle like a normal life? Like I haven't taken more than 3 days off work in a row since last year (and neither have most people I know), went through a long term break up, had several family members pass away, and am able to make it through the day/week/month without NEEDING some luxury retreat (although that would be nice!) It's just crazy how much sympathy these people get from their followers when they're living such charmed lives. I just wish they'd at least own up to it and acknowledge that their life isn't normal and frankly, I don't want to hear that they're tired from all their "working". I think the karma they get from it is that when something really bad does actually happen (like Niomi's breakup) they have no idea how to handle it because their life isn't perfect anymore.. or at least that's how it appears to followers! Which is why I think we're all fed up and gossiping on here :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Hey guys, first time poster here. I first clicked on tattle because I was very curious about why niomi took time off from the internet according to her instagram. I was concerned that They broke up and maybe joe cheated on her and then I ran into tattle and read all the comments here. Honestly it broke my heart that they parted. I used to love their relationship (from what I saw on YouTube anyway). They seemed happy with each other, cooking together and going on walks. Looked picture perfect. Anyway once I read speculations on here that she may have been controlling joe and his diet especially, I realise how little we actually see of their lives based off on YouTube. I do find it really annoying that she won’t give any details of her breakup because she portrayed joe so much in her videos. I have no closure and to just pretend that she’s fine so soon after her engagement broke off. It’s psychopathic if she’s not faking. I used to think niomi was such a genuine person. I’m from India and the interest she showed in the Ayurveda course and having her furniture made and promoting those things about Mumbai made me like her even more. However, now that I see her do reckless And basic things around London, I just don’t recognise this girl anymore. I didn’t watch Her videos between her breakup with Marcus to her time with joe. I’m so gutted about this shift in her video content. I also follow Amelia Lana and I watch her videos simply because I can’t afford the luxurious life she lives so I watch and laugh to myself about how superficial her content is. Most of the time, I watch for a little while and then stop because I get annoyed with the privilege. Once her engagement broke though, she became much more relatable. Niomi is the vice versa and I’m actually so so upset. I do hope she recovers and comes back to her senses. Sorry I know this stuff has been said, I just needed to actually write it all out.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

cherrypicker96

I don't think I can respond to specific posts yet because my account is fairly new, but I just wanted to offer another quick opinion on social media. Obviously I understand where people are coming from, but I do believe it's very much about how you use it. This year I was diagnosed with breast cancer and instagram was by far the easiest way for me to reach out and find a whole community of young people dealing with the same thing. Instagram has provided me with a support system I couldn't have done without this year for sure. Also as someone having to get the train to and from chemo during rush hour at the moment, I find it so frustrating to see influencers getting the tube at the busiest time of day for things other than work or meetings (basically leisure activities) and adding to the crowds 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

Lf0304

I was sitting on a table next to Niomi and her friends in a pub in Sussex recently, it was hard not to try listen to her conversation talking about Joe!

• Wow

Over_this

2B29CE63-6035-4DD2-A29A-3E898DAB4932.png

“How is it only Wednesday?”
Why, because you’ve had such a taxing work week? Poor petal. You should chill out more

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
I kinda think a gossip girl thread title would be good

Niomi smart #9 hey tattlers, N spotted holding hands with a new man. You know you love me xoxo

• Haha

Over_this

I just want to shove her lazy, breakfast to brunch lifestyle up her tiny flat arse.
[/QUOTE]

I hear you. She does seem to be having this effect on people.
I work for the nhs and have had such a stressful day, my head felt like it would explode at one point. All my plans for a healthy evening of cooking and exercise went out the window and I shoved a pizza in the oven. She has no idea

• Heart
  • Sad
I don't want it to come across as I'm defending Niomi and her relationship with food. She clearly has an eating problem but is it really neccessary to focus on the fact she is vegan and her being vegan makes it the issue? Vegan-Niomi wouldn't be a problem, Vegan & barely eating anything Niomi is a problem. You can be vegan and stuff your face and be healthy.

Sorry, I'm vegan and don't see why remembering her eating salmon or Tanya's steak is a memory of a fun Niomi. Eating meat makes someone fun?
There were many comments in the previous threads that she should live a little, party and eat some meat.

• Heart

Buffalonian0809

Why would Louis Vuitton think it was a good idea to invite a group of people to sit together in a small enclosed theatre?
I think Joe is well rid of her. She is coming across even more horrifically than before. Smug, selfish, self-absorbed, vacuous, tone deaf, and the list goes on. She may not be wearing a surgical mask but her other mask has come off and we are seeing her true colors. I bet she made everything single thing about her in her relationship, too.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Honestly I don’t think Joe gives two shiny shits about social media, he barely posted before he was with Niomi, he doesn’t strike me as the kinda guy to flaunt a girl at all. It’s Niomi who showed him off incessantly and played up to him being in most of her ‘top 9 posts’ or whatever it is

Reactions: 39

Gflo93

I feel like I’m normally a Niomi apologist but she is actually being pretty irritating. How can someone be so tone deaf.

Also she is becoming a bit like Tanya, where every single Instagram post is a smug pic of just them. I think it comes across really vain and conceited... plus I’m not sure people are interested, throw in a recipe/interiors post/landscape snap/book recommendation Nimbobs.

I think someone linked to the tweet earlier but this really made me think of her... she’s becoming a parody.
EF523FC3-816B-47CF-9ED4-655B62C49FDD.jpeg

• Haha

earlgrey

VIP Member
In her stories she's giggling at people setting up their vegetable market stall... at 7am. Like she thinks it's weird, or cute, that other people would be up as early as go-getting Nimbobs on her way to her workout.

• Angry

slothella22

I laughed when Niomi said her clairvoyant told her she 'is helping so many people in the world'. Niomi will think she's Mother Teresa soon enough. Curing all the world ills with smoothie bowls and herbal tea.

• Haha

SachaStark

I’m gonna keep it really basic (kind of like Niomi!):

Niomi Smart #9: ... maybe it’s the moon?

((the ellipsis is very important.))

• Haha
Reactions: 38

coriander

VIP Member
Hope she doesn't delete this comment. Also seeing a clairvoyant during Covid, I mean is she fucking stupid?!

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 15.03.21.png

Over_this

Sometimes I think the more obsessed you become with "wellness" the more unhealthy you can get. I've fallen into it before thanks to following people like Niomi. After I got a puppy that demanded all of my attention and gave me less time to obsess about myself, my fitness, my supplements, suddenly my skin cleared up and I felt much more energetic and healthier even though I was eating less healthy and letting my personal routine slip.

I just don't think it's healthy to be so consumed in your own self. If Niomi had a (non-fitness) hobby or an interest, or something to work at that wasn't all about her she'd probably look less dead behind the eyes.
Totally agree! I remember being much happier in my life when I just did whatever I wanted, ate what I want, had fun. These supposed wellness activities can end up like chores e.g. Today I have to meditate , take supplements, do yoga, drink a smoothie, write in a gratitude journal, dry brush....” It ends up being overwhelming and having the opposite effect than was intended! These influencers have perpetuated this whole wellness trend so much and make people believe their lives will be so much richer if they do all of these things. At the end of the day it’s better to just chill, relax and do what makes you happy :)

• Heart