Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I was hoping in the instastory where she says she uses a full moon to let go that there would be Joey's name written in the journal.
Niomi’s list of things to let go of:
1. Joeyyyyy
2. Bread/toast
3. That blender that left lumpy banana in the smoothie bowls
4. Non-smoothie bowl weather

• Haha
Reactions: 51

acelover

I still can't believe her and Joe and have broken their enagement.
Weirdly, I feel like like this can be a lesson to us all. We're always told ''Social media isn't real, blah blah'', but we tend to forget that, until something like this happens. This really solidified social media's facade for me.
I also suffer from an ED and lockdown has been tough. When I watched Niomi's ''What I Eat in Lockdown'', I literally cried after watching the video
because of how shitty it made me feel. I know technically it's not her fault but I felt so triggered by how much control she showed with her food and exercise when I was feeling esspecially out of control and hopeless in my relationship with food. I was having a really bad day that day, and watching that video was the icing on the cake for me.
I 100% agree with others about her smugness and constant showing off about Joe, alienating her viewers too. Again, my personal insecurities are definitely the reason I feel particularly affected by it, but that doesn't take away from the fact that she was always rubbing it in our faces about how great her life is. But with everything that's happened I'm now starting to feel that Niomi has always been overcompensating and using her viewer's envy of her ''perfect'' life to validate herself. Anyway, I wish her the best with this difficult time and I really hope it forces her to do some reflection and inner work, possibly with a counsellour. I don't think she's an inherently bad person, but I think we can agree she has things to work on, considering how she portray herself online.

Also wanted to add - for those saying that her disordered eating didn't impact her relationship with Joe, I personally disagree with that.
While I don't think it was the main cause of her engagement breaking, I do think it caused a significant strain in her relationship with him.
ED's do affect your relationships in general, whether it's platonic, romantic, or even with your family. Some of us could even see the tension and cracks caused by her rigidity with food, simply through her videos. I really hope this experience shows her that she needs to seek professional help to address her attitudes towards food and her self image. Self-care isn't going to a 50 quid an hour yoga class and wearing an expensive face mask. Real self-care is taking care of yourself by prioritizing your mental health.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

hanjams

It actually does have an effect on your jaw. If you go to vegan deterioration YT channel you'll see a lot of before and after videoes of vegans, in some, you can see that is their jaw is getting smaller. Also, some of the raw people have been losing their teeth. Issues like diabetes also come to mind since fruits are basically sugar and if you only eat sugar your body will have problems making/regulating insulin.

editing to clarify things.
I’m sorry but I’m not sure I believe that eating vegan is going to deteriorate my jaw. Living mostly off smoothies, maybe, but eating no meat or dairy - nope.

She has very hormonal skin, could be from all the weird yeast additives, her body might be overloaded with folic acid and it will make her bloaty and gain weight thus needing to control her portions even more. She's very flabby for someone who works out so much, probably needs to check her hormone levels
this post is an absolute minefield. “Weird yeast additives” “she’s very flabby”???!

Tbh I’m not sure I’m comfortable with the blatant body shaming of someone who it’s pretty obvious has eating issues

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

rubicon

For fucks sake, her mum’s house is sooo bloody nice! 😂 have you guys seen the size of that bath?!

I get it, she’s heartbroken and if you’re sad then you’re sad wherever you are, but my last breakup I was living in a flat above a kebab shop with a moth eaten carpet and mouldy bathroom.. and I know where I’d rather be moping around, lighting candles and looking at the moon!

(I live somewhere nicer now you’ll be pleased to hear)

• Haha
Reactions: 48

hannah123

VIP Member
Feel like her grandma needs the most sympathy right now, she probably thought she’d finally done it and worked the family to the top.

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Sol

Judging by few recent videos and a very thorough 5 threads long analysis here - ti think he just walked away. He was fed up and left. Simple as that. And that is what was so traumatic - the thought that he didn't want to be with her anymore. Because anything, literally anything, even him cheating i believe she would've worked through because she wanted this marriage. I don't believe she was so blindsided, how could she? (come on) but maybe didn't think he would break it off....

• Heart
Reactions: 47

easttowest

Does anyone else suspect she's posting all these pointless similar pics to her grid in an effort to push down the older pics of Joeyyy faster so that he's out of her sight without the need to do a dramatic delete all?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

Hmagymoo

Hasn’t had a holiday this year but had more than most People had last year ... I can’t stand the attention seeking photos with pointless captions
07DDAF52-449F-4A6A-99C8-72280889088F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
I suspect she’d be closer in size to her cousin, Arabella, if she ate normally. Her cousin has a really nice figure but you can tell she doesn’t starve herself. That was what Niomi looked like a few years ago.
OF COURSE she has a cousin called fucking Arabella :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Not everyone with well-off parents wants their family to give them handouts their entire life. OP was exploring the possibility that Joe's job loss made him anxious enough to re-evaluate his future.
It doesn’t really matter if you ~don’t want to ask your parents~ or millionaire benefactor for money, the point is that money and assets are still there if really and truly needed, don’t you see how that makes every difference? Not to mention the social status you’ve already attained at the point where you’ve lost your job. And for children of the rich especially, they have grown up with every socioeconomic privilege AND even if they aren’t getting a literal allowance, you can bet their bank accounts have been well lined with inheritances and trust funds early on so they enter adulthood ready to, as Joe did, buy property and start at the top. But no, we still have to hear imagined sob stories about how Joe probably didn’t want to ask his parents for money because he was out of work for a mere matter of months. Uh I would hope not.

Another thing rich/privileged people fail to recognize is that economic privilege is not just about an income but all the other things that come with it— access to property, to connections. They will often be like, oh I had nothing except my entire rent paid/property provided, the rest I did for myself. As though free property and free or heavily discounted rent wouldn‘t be absolutely everything to most people.

• Heart

eucalyptus

i have a question regarding smoothie bowl weather and i know i should probs go directly to nimbobble but maybe you guys can help... if it's summer, a warm day but it's raining... is that still smoothie bowl weather? and if not, what if it's sunny, but then while you're adding your form protein powder to the blender, it clouds over outside? :oops: i need clarification

• Haha
Reactions: 45

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
There's so many gems in her old videos

(At Joe about to bake 3 burgers)
"are you cooking 3 burgers?"
View attachment 230724

(Moves to a close up shot to show the now 4 burgers)
"4 burgers for 2 people *passive aggressive giggle*"
View attachment 230725

Is it not that normal to have two burgers as an adult? especially when niomi had an intense yoga session that day!

She makes him justify wanting two burgers.

View attachment 230733
I really really hate when people comment on what or how much others are eating. And I especially hate that shaming someone for eating ‘more’ is acceptable but I bet you wouldn’t catch Joe saying to her ‘is that all you’re eating? Wow, weird, you must be starving’

Reactions: 45

doddler

Given the amount of criticism influencers get on this site for some of their odd eating habits and over exercising, calling Niomi of all people “flabby” is just ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like people just want to say something nasty even when it is quite blatantly not true..!

Reactions: 43

Jackie Daytona

Chatty Member
Forget how she acts towards Joe, she even food shames her little sister. In one vlog her sister was proudly saying the pancakes had no sugar and Niomi corrects her by saying, that’s in the maple syrup. So not only pushes no sugar on her sister, has to make clear that she wasn’t doing all that well by wanting maple syrup.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Spencerskates

VIP Member
This is a bit of a radical concept, but perhaps Niomi is happy just being slim? Not everyone wants to be muscular, or follow the trend of a big bum or whatever.

If she was plus/midsized and people were making comments about her being flabby, all hell would break loose, but because she’s slim she’s fair pickings for body shaming.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Yel

Chatty Member
There's so many gems in her old videos

(At Joe about to bake 3 burgers)
"are you cooking 3 burgers?"
Screenshot_2020-09-02-13-00-47-123_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

(Moves to a close up shot to show the now 4 burgers)
"4 burgers for 2 people *passive aggressive giggle*"
Screenshot_2020-09-02-13-01-46-993_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Is it not that normal to have two burgers as an adult? especially when niomi had an intense yoga session that day!

She makes him justify wanting two burgers.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

bobby768

I have to say as someone who doesn’t know their bio father I do chuckle a bit when people say about the ‘rejection.’ I can see why to people who haven’t experienced it maybe it seems that way. To me I have never felt any rejection. I also have a close and wonderful family, and I feel no loss at all in not knowing someone who left my young mother in the lurch with a baby. Her neurotic nature and perfectionism could be linked to that, I guess, but it seems more like it’s just how she is to me. As others have said many times I do think she knows what she wants her brand to be and she really lives to that, so much so that maybe the line between Niomi the person and Niomi the brand is blurred or even has disappeared now.
i totally understand you but it's different for different people. and i think it depends on the way you've been abandoned by your father. i use to think i was unaffected by my dad leaving my mum when she was pregnant but all my fucked up toxic relationships say otherwise haha. i think being rejected by your dad can definitely affect you and your response to relationships.
i HATE that i'm about to say this but i really fucking feel for her, her controlling obsessive food and 'we' bullshit screams insecurity
also plz everyone know i'm usually so critical of her and she pisses me off so much but i just want to give her a hug atm :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41