Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Treesy19

VIP Member
I think Nikki just had different friendships with Pete and Imogen. I do anyway with my friends! I see some more than others. God, I haven’t seen one of my best ones in about five years. Such is life, distance then 2020 Covid. Doesn’t mean they’re any less a friend. I think it’s daft anyone saying “but you didn’t see her this past year” when it was a pandemic and it’s pretty normal not to see some friends for ages, but you’re still in frequent contact with them. Sounds like they’re both hurting badly which is expected but there’s no need to attack one friend.

Reactions: 12

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Was so hoping she'd make it through, once she was admitted to the private clinic :cry:. Just shows money can't fix everything but all power to her friends who tried to help.

Banshee

Such sad news. I’m struggling to understand how she can have been in a treatment facility but still pass away. Surely they would have the ability to stop this from happening. Although I don’t know a huge amount about anorexia so perhaps I’m mistaken.
Extreme malnutrition causes organ failure, once it starts there's not a great deal you can do to stop it.

Hbirdette

VIP Member
As someone who suffered with anorexia in the past this has really hit home!
Poor Nikki, so sad 😞 I’m sure a lot of us loved her for her funny moments.
A personal fave which I reference far too regularly.. “CHRIST I need a fucking chiropractor”

• Heart
  • Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Very sad. I used to love BB in the very early years and Nikki was definitely one of my favorite housemates. I was trying to find a clip of her Aisleyne impression “you bettah watch yaself little girl when you’re talkin’ to me!” (something along those lines?) on YouTube but I couldn’t find it. That was hilarious!
Absolutely iconic

• Haha

caterday28

Chatty Member
Such sad news. I’m struggling to understand how she can have been in a treatment facility but still pass away. Surely they would have the ability to stop this from happening. Although I don’t know a huge amount about anorexia so perhaps I’m mistaken.
Sometimes the treatment itself can be dangerous when one is in such a fragile and physically compromised state. Refeeding needs to be done slowly and carefully but sadly the body can't always take it - it's a lose-lose situation, you die if you continue not to get nutrition, and you can die from the shock of receiving nutrition.

• Sad

monga

VIP Member
Such a hard hitting documentary. I remember her on This Morning a couple of years ago speaking out against a WL app aimed at kids it was clear she was unwell then ,I don’t know how she refrained from punching the twat beside her that thought it was a great idea ,they need to listen to the people that live with these terrible illnesses especially when ED amongst kids has risen massively over the course of the pandemic a WL app is the last thing a child needs.

Reactions: 11
His constant stories are becoming a bit much. However, I think he probably is still genuine in his grief. They were friends, even if not close and he obviously cared about her. He is clearly struggling. I assume the media are approaching him because everyone else has said they don't wish to comment. Perhaps he's just not realised how his repeated commentary could be interpreted. Someone should have advised him that sharing last messages is not the done thing.
I'm going to choose to believe that he is making poor decisions because he's not in a good place at the moment but his actions (although inappropriate) are coming from a good place.
I hope he has someone with him, it seems like he needs some support.

• Heart

Roz

If you google nikki it’s all about Pete. None of her other friends have commented and while I felt for him in the beginning because I’m not totally heartless it does seem to be becoming the Pete Bennett show. The cynical part of my brain is thinking of his acting career too and how getting his name out there again can’t hurt.

He should shush now. I had to unfollow him on Instagram.

One of my best friends used to spend ALOT of time with Pete in squats in Brighton before & after BB. When he saw him on BB he couldn’t believe how bad his Tourette’s was. So, when he finally saw him a few years later my friend asked him about it. Pete told him that he exaggerated the Tourette’s in his audition tape to get on Big Brother and was told by producers that the audience would love it. Apparently Pete claims he never ‘dated’ Nikki, he faked it. He liked her to a point but found her annoying and not his type of person. Unfortunately Nikki thought they were an item and was heartbroken when Pete disappeared. I believe Nikki was naive and vulnerable when it came to romance and Pete took full advantage.
Pete loved to show off to his druggie friends about what he did and they found it hilarious. Pete Bennett is a disgusting person and he has behaved in exactly the manner I would have expected.
RIP Nikki. Wherever you are, please know you have family and friends who don’t use your name in vain. They will always stand by you and respect your privacy and dignity ❤

D252D094-08DB-446C-8118-ECE1BE48326B.jpeg

• Wow

Lovely_rita

RIP, Nikki. Eating disorders are absolute hell, but she fought until the very end.

Nikki, as many have already mentioned, was always herself and that was part of her charm. She was a very troubled soul, and I hope she is at peace now.

I am only five years younger than her, and I remember how much pressure in the 00s there was for women to be tiny and skinny. The media would tear a famous woman apart if she had even one cellulite dimple. And the horrible size 0 trend. It was relentless.

Young girls and women who were already dealing with trauma could easily have slipped into eating disorders at that time. I am still battling mine twenty years later.

"Who is she?!" Iconic. 🕯

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
So gutted to hear the awful news of her passing. The embodiment of reality TV, a proper icon who entertained us all. I hope she is at peace and free of all her horrible demons ♥ ♥

• Heart

Maracas

So upsetting, she was a sweetheart and she WAS the face of reality tv in the UK. An absolute legend. Rest in peace Nikki, I hope you are no longer tormented, sleep well xxx

I love this pic with Pete from recently, so lovely they continued to be friends right to the end ❤❤

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad

Jackie Brown

VIP Member
Such sad news. Does anyone else remember when she had her own show on e4? She was trialling out different jobs, think there was one in a fish shop. It was on YouTube for a while but can’t find the clips anymore. She was hilarious.
Heartbreaking for her family and friends💔
Yes, I remember that show. I think it was called Princess Nikki, or something like that.

RIP...such a great icon of those halcyon reality tv days especially when BB was at its height. Just so entertaining to watch her.

I watched it tonight. So bloody sad. I'm glad she had some good friends though and as much as people flag the psychologist test stuff it seems she was happy she took part in Big Brother. It doesn't seem to have made her situation worse and her family and friends feel it was beneficial for her. I'm glad she got to achieve something she wanted.

Gossgirl12

Chatty Member
So sad to hear of her passing however after seeing how ill she was in recent media, I had a feeling it wouldn't be long. RIP Nikki.. Will always be my favourite big brother contestant 💗

• Heart

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Nikki from Big Brother has passed away at the age of 38 from her battle with anorexia. This has really hit home as I have as in a very bad way with a an eating disorder a few years ago.
such sad news!
oh my word.... ☹
I struggle with an eating disorder also, I haven’t beaten it but I’m better than I was. News like this does suddenly make the consequences so real.
I hope she is at peace...

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
i reckon they knew she'd win and felt threatened so voted her out as they were all there for the money unlike nikki who was there for herself and it showed in her time there
She seemed to cram so much into the time she was there. The clip where she was talking to Vanessa Feltz in the ultimate BB was so sad too. She seemed so genuine and open. She was definitely a one-off ❤

Reactions: 10