Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lime

You could tell she had really relapsed in recent years although I'm not sure she was ever really free from anorexia. She stopped posting on Instagram for the past year because people would comment on how she looked. She was a very charming character and the embodiment of reality TV icon that others tried to copy over the years but none were quite like Nikki. She was one of a kind. RIP.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
The point that makes me angry, and isn't really emphasised in the reports, is the mess that the MH Bed System is and how it contributed to her death.

Nikki had a place on an ED unit right before she died - but because she was too weak to climb stairs, they refused to accept her, and she was SENT HOME, where she died overnight. Now her body may have been too far gone to change that outcome, I don't know. But if she'd been in a hospital, someone would have been checking up on her, and there's a chance she might have been revived.

How can someone be TOO SICK for a mental health unit, but well enough to GO HOME?

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I’m gutted out of all the BB contestants I think Nikki was the most fondly remembered.
Bless her the fact she was too scared to eat as the gyms were closed is heartbreaking.
I hope she’s at peace now.

• Sad

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Yes, I would agree with this. I posted a link to BEAT for that reason, people sharing the images of her at the worst are not helpful at all - lockdown is making everyone feel low, alongside the lack of support due to COVID isn’t good at all.
I’m so sad for Nikki & her loved ones as it was literally a lifelong struggle but I wish people would think before they post skeletal images. Back in th day I was guilty of posting images on tumblr & I don’t wish that culture on anyone. I still struggle even now I’m technically overweight for my height. The demons never leave.
I’ve removed the photo from the thread, my first instinct was to do just that but I didn’t want to force my opinion on the thread.
I shouldn’t have doubted that decision, I do wish he’d remove it from his Instagram, she shouldn’t be remembered like that and it’s so dangerous for so many vulnerable people to see.

I’m anxious even posting here because this is a pressure cooker I don’t really want to be around. But I also needed to check everyone here was ok, and safe, it doesn’t have to end like this, but it’s such a powerful illness it’s rare anyone really escapes it.

• Heart

Scragbags

VIP Member
She was a true reality star 🌟 🙏🏻
She battled her whole life and so sad the help she was getting came too late 😔 rip

• Heart

Welshy1

Nikki grahame....
You WERE big brother.....
Rest in peace my darling...

Sleep well now xxxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I remember watching nikki on BB when I was a teenager, and being irrationally jealous of her as I thought she had a lovely figure, a fun life etc. Just goes to show what people are going through IRL and how it's portrayed. Knowing what I know now, i wouldn't wish her pain on anyone.

AnySauces

That's very sad. Poor girl. I remember watching her on Big Brother and feeling so envious of how skinny and tiny she was. I was very stupid and didn't appreciate the seriousness and devastation that her eating disorder causes.

I was rooting for her to turn things around.

May she rest in peace.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I know what you mean @TripleC's . I think it’s nice to share classic BB memories of hers, I read somewhere that she went into the house because she wanted to be known for being on Big Brother and not for her illness.

There was a moment involving Nikki on BB I’ll never forget (have never found a clip though).
The housemates were given a task to “find out” the meaning of life. A few of them were sitting in the Big Brother garden, having a serious discussion about it, then Nikki suddenly stormed past and said “I don’t care about the meaning of life, all I care about is the 1980s!”. It makes me laugh every time I think about it.

• Heart
  • Haha

TripleC's

Chatty Member
I think it was aimed at the golden ticket winner Suzie who was a bit of a snob and instantly took a dislike to Nikki and Grace.
yeah , i think she came in and had to immediately put someone up for eviction, and that was both Nikki and Grace , i remember it was Grace who was evicted and with no class got up and threw water on Suzie as she left. We got the classic "who is she" line.

Ive got a mixture of sadness and chuckles , ive remembered the task with the silent disco , they all had a walkman and earphones and had to remain dancing and Nikki couldnt get hers to work , she had a bit of a tantrum and i think Glynn helped her get it to work, so you can picture her having a tantrum about it not working, then immediatly dancing as if nothing had happened. if you loved BB then Nikki will always be in the top half a dozen characters that are remembered forever.

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
She would’ve been 40 today a milestone birthday that she never got to celebrate 🙁

• Sad

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
My favourite Nikki moment that I reference all the time - “he’s got a mountain of cornflakes and a whole bag of sugar”. RIP angel x

• Heart

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I would have thought she would have been tube fed. My brother was told he would either voluntarily agree to be tube fed or they’d have to section him so Nikki being at such a low weight id have thought they’d have done the same.
Hi gastro Doctor here. I deal with a lot of ED patients in Ireland and you can’t tube feed someone just because they need it - here at least, unsure about UK but I’d imagine it’s fairly similar. It’s incredibly difficult to get done. The patient needs to be made a ward of court / paper signed that says they can’t make their own decisions. That has to be co-decided by an independent doctor and two psychologists. The family also have to agree. That process alone can take weeks.

Then there’s a chance that doesn’t work, patients who don’t want to eat are extremely savvy at getting the food out. This in turn breaks down their relationship with the medical team and their families and the outcome can be worse than not doing it at all.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

lilamay

VIP Member
It's so tragic. The mental health services in this country are not fit for purpose, and Nikki is one of the countless sufferers who've died as a result.

This diagram sums it up with painful accuracy:
1649597031010.png

It's all very well having 'mental heath awareness' campaigns but the services need proper funding to be able to offer adequate support.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

MissGlitzyRitzy

VIP Member

This video where Nikiki was talking to Vanessa Feltz sums up her kind heart.
She was empathetic person with a lot of love for her family, friends and strangers.
Not forgetting....
who is she???🤣
Iconic TV when people were real...
What a loss 🙏 😭

• Heart
  • Sad

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Weirdly enough my favourite Nikki moment is not from big brother. It’s from an Irish reality show that was called Celebrity Salon and her just saying in a country accent “I’ll put your hair in a lovely plait, now would that suit you” and it made me laugh and I still quote it to this day.

Cracking girl x

• Heart
  • Haha

Kim Mild

VIP Member
RIP Nikki. She always reminds me of my sister. As was looking after my sister who was dying when BB came on with Nikki and we watched it together.

I heard her mum say the other week this started up again due to not being able to go to the gym, she was too scared to eat without being able to do her normal exercise routine
In an indirect way, lockdown has lead to her death.

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I absolutely loved Nikki. Probably my favourite ever housemate throughout the BB era. She just cracked me up with her facial expressions, her tantrums and her iconic one liners liking calling Richard a ''Fat Ox''. Also really enjoyed her spin off shows, Princess Nikki where she was sent different places to work, a farm, a chippy and a fishing boar being a few haha. 38 is really no age at all :(

I went through some of her BB buddies instargram pages. Grace, Imogen, Aisleyne, Pete, Richard all had some lovely posts about her.

Hopefully she is free from any pain now.

Reactions: 12

HinchythetwattyGrinchy

This is too close to home for me. I’ve struggled with eating disorders on and off for years. R.I.P Nikki - the best Big Brother contestant. X

• Heart
Reactions: 12