Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BigMavis

VIP Member
it’s difficult one, once she’s medically stable yes, you can be discharged at 3, 4, 5 stone. To keep someone past that point (medically stable) you need the input of a psych team, but she was about to enter treatment, so they wouldn’t have assessed her in a general hospital, plus she was already living in a different catchment area to Devon.
so basically, they were right to discharge her. But it’s fucked up.
Is it unusual that she died so suddenly after release. Could she have been medically fit for discharge and then her body just gave out? I don't know very much about eating disorders and what I do know is possibly outdated.

Reactions: 1
Therapy being filmed to be shown to anyone other than the client and therapist will never have the same effect as a private counselling relationship
I don't know if this is the case (never experienced this) for the patient, but the viewers can certainly learn something.
I had quite a few insights from what therapists said about other people's behaviour.

Cupcakeapple

VIP Member
I would have thought she would have been tube fed. My brother was told he would either voluntarily agree to be tube fed or they’d have to section him so Nikki being at such a low weight id have thought they’d have done the same.

It’s really sad having learnt more about her life since her death her tantrums in BB were obviously not put on for entertainment, they came from a place of having grown up pretty much in secure units.

I saw an interview she did with a psychologist for the programme ‘Nikki In Therapy’ and she was so eloquently spoken and very self-aware. The psychologist said that Nikki reverts back to age 8 because that’s the age her eating disorder started, and that’s the point she lost her childhood.
Id really like to watch this, does anyone know where I can watch ‘In therapy’ online?

monga

VIP Member
I read a few days ago the hospital has opened an enquiry into her death ,nothing untoward's it's standard practice for patients that leave their care that have a sudden passing . So reading between the lines it looks like it was just a case of sudden death brought on by her condition god bless her :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56813458

Last edited:
  • Sad

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Awww Peres video! So so sad. I thought Aisleyne’s posts were sad too, I thought they were friends? I haven’t kept up with her so some of these comments make me think differently now. It’s just so sad, she was so iconic

monga

VIP Member
I see her mum may sue the hospital and they’ve released a statement denying any wrong doing, I’m surprised they made details about her condition/ care public where I live the only thing they say is they don’t comment on individual cases .

Last edited:

caterday28

Chatty Member
it doesn’t work that way, going by what has been reported she was gaining weight when in hospital/treatment. She wasn’t refusing treatment, she was orally accepting fluids and nutrition, yes her weight was low but once the medical side of things are stable they have no need to for any type of treatment on a person without consent. She was fully aware of what was going on and seeking help so there was no need to section, she wanted a bed, not to leave.

she was 5 stone and 5 foot 1, so yes it’s low but she’s at a good weight to enter a treatment programme and go from there. There was no need to keep her on a medical ward, unfortunately the damage will have been done after so many years of restrictions. It’s just shit she didn’t get another chance to make things better, but my personal opinion is when you’re on this roundabout for so long, it won’t ever end well. It never goes away
I'm a bit sceptical about this 5 stone at 5 foot 1 claim. Her BMI was ~9-10 when she went into hospital so she would have had to have gained a lot of weight in three weeks.

While it may be valuable for viewers, I’d be questioning the ethics around how valuable it is for the client. A therapist should always work in the best interest of the client so I’m like 🤷‍♀️
The "client" was probably the producer and both Nikki and the therapist got paid.

I know what you mean, but the "patients" agree to it and - unlike Big Brother, Love Island etc - at least they are being discussed by a well-meaning professional and not fellow contesters and the press (that might not always be that well-meaning).

Kezza_69

VIP Member
I always had a feeling that Pete exaggerated his tourettes, he definitely played to the crowd anyway.
They were part of BB when the natural contestants had been and gone, it was all an experiment in the early BBs but by the time it got to BB4 and above, LOTS of faking went on.
I know this is a Nicky thread, I hope she is now at peace 🙏

stewpot

Chatty Member
So sad! Really feel for her family and friends, her mum said it’s been a 30 year battle ☹ She will always be remembered for being a total big brother legend and hilarious! I’m sure she will be very missed 💖