Nigel Farage

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So channel 4 hired an actor to spout racist tit. Not surprised 🤦‍♀️
Must try harder.
Are all the other racists actors as well? What about the ones who are friends with fascist Gary Raikes? Are they acting? Or the guy who said he knew Farage well and thought that army recruits should stand on beaches shooting people? Acting right?
The only actor is Farage, who has managed to convince legions of idiots that he gives a crap about them. The only things he cares about are himself and his bank balance.

Reactions: 8
Interesting.

Any examples?
Where do low income migrants live- rich or middle class areas or poor urban or seaside areas, causing overcrowding? What kind of jobs do they do- professional jobs or those typical of the low skilled working class? Sorry to use such blunt economic terms but it’s necessary 🤗
And sorry P I do like you, but just as a general comment people who make this sort of comment tend to live in unaffected areas. I’d be prepared to wager as an educated lady past 30 or so you do not live in an area where you see these issues first hand. 🐱

Reactions: 2
I'm sort of interested in how it works inside their minds because there's a recognition somewhere that what they're saying isn't actually acceptable?
I think if you're in a group and everyone thinks the same as you, you feel more able to express these types of views even though they are considered unacceptable in wider society.

Reactions: 1
I think if you're in a group and everyone thinks the same as you, you feel more able to express these types of views even though they are considered unacceptable in wider society.
Do you say the whole of the Labour Party think the same because of Corbyn’s anti Semitic comment and Keir’s recent slip up about Bangladeshis? Multiple examples from one party :)

Reactions: 1
Where do low income migrants live- rich or middle class areas or poor urban or seaside areas, causing overcrowding? What kind of jobs do they do- professional jobs or those typical of the low skilled working class? Sorry to use such blunt economic terms but it’s necessary 🤗
And sorry P I do like you, but just as a general comment people who make this sort of comment tend to live in unaffected areas. I’d be prepared to wager as an educated lady past 30 or so you do not live in an area where you see these issues first hand. 🐱
bleeping hell. Patronising much?

Reactions: 3
Do you say the whole of the Labour Party think the same because of Corbyn’s anti Semitic comment and Keir’s recent slip up about Bangladeshis? Multiple examples from one party :)
No because clearly people within the Labour Party were upset with Corbyn and are upset with Keir's comments :).

People who support Reform just try to deflect and make up conspiracy theories.

Reactions: 2
So I just google the Bangladeshi comment and it seems that all he was saying is that Bangladesh is a safe-country - which the Tories have been using constantly as an argument for their asylum policies

In the year ending March 2024, there were 3,384 asylum applications from Bangladeshis seeking refuge in Britain.

Bangladesh ranked eighth among countries with the most asylum applications, following Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Eritrea, India, Turkey and Sudan.

Abdul Razzak, who volunteers as a translator in British asylum cases, said that many Bangladeshi asylum seekers have their applications granted based on human rights grounds.
I guess it's fine when the Tories say it about all the other countries because there's just no way that the UK have communities from Afghanistan, Iran or Pakistan or any of the above countries?

bleeping hell. Patronising much?
It is true I’m afraid, people hand wringing about those being racist for criticising mass migration never live right in the thick of it or have seen huge demographic change in their own area. Hence the birth of the ‘gammon’ and the rise of the Conservatives/Brexit supporters in Labour voting areas. They’re not kicking off and switching their allegiance because three foreign families or something moved into their area :)

Reactions: 3
It is true I’m afraid, people hand wringing about those being racist for criticising mass migration never live right in the thick of it or have seen huge demographic change in their own area. Hence the birth of the ‘gammon’ and the rise of the Conservatives/Brexit supporters in Labour voting areas. They’re not kicking off and switching their allegiance because three foreign families or something moved into their area :)
Perhaps anecdotal but I've lived in Whitechapel and other areas of Tower Hamlets which you can consider "right in the thick of it" and still think people are being racist when they're criticising mass immigration.

But it's also strange that Farage pushed for Brexit to reduce immigration and that clearly has not worked, why would people vote for / trust Reform and Farage to sort out a problem they had a hand in creating?

Reactions: 7
Except it's been shown time and time again that the areas with least immigration were more likely to vote for Brexit (and less immigrants) than the areas with the highest level of immigration - most of whom voted remain.

Nigel himself is standing in an area with very low levels of immigrants and minorities.

Why are people who are least likely to regularly come across people from other countries and races so much more anti-immigration? Could it be that it's much easier to convince people that immigrants are The Worst when they haven't really had the opportunity to meet any and discover that the vast majority of them are just, you know, normal bleeping people.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7