Nigel Farage

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m going to be the bigger person and post this although Iā€™m on Reformā€™s side overall (anyone who replies with boring reductive stuff about Reform being racist is a small person, this is one incident and the left also have skeletons in their closet) but what disgusting comments :( Nigel has fired them

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Reform is full of people with views like his, in fact Iā€˜d argue that most of them secretly agree with every word he says. A Quick Look at the reform candidate in my area tells me everything I need to know. I actually laughed when I read his manifesto because itā€™s such badly written dirge. Anyone who think that they are anything other than a far right, racist party is deluding themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Reform is full of people with views like his, in fact Iā€˜d argue that most of them secretly agree with every word he says. A Quick Look at the reform candidate in my area tells me everything I need to know. I actually laughed when I read his manifesto because itā€™s such badly written dirge. Anyone who think that they are anything other than a far right, racist party is deluding themselves.
I think thereā€™s a lot of confusion around rhetoric about immigration and rhetoric about race though.

Iā€™m going to be the bigger person and post this although Iā€™m on Reformā€™s side overall (anyone who replies with boring reductive stuff about Reform being racist is a small person, this is one incident and the left also have skeletons in their closet) but what disgusting comments :( Nigel has fired them
The apologies have been ā€œsorry if anybody is offendedā€ which arenā€™t really apologies at all, this isnā€™t the first time views like this have been aired. Maybe not everybody who supports Reform is racist but itā€™s making a nice home for a lot that are.

Reactions: 9
The apologies have been ā€œsorry if anybody is offendedā€ which arenā€™t really apologies at all, this isnā€™t the first time views like this have been aired. Maybe not everybody who supports Reform is racist but itā€™s making a nice home for a lot that are.
Well they must be. Itā€™s their USP. They literally have nothing else.

Reactions: 4
Oh come ON. The argument about reducing immigration invariably moves to diatribes about Muslims, Africans, Indians. No-one in the reform party cares about white people 'coming here and taking our jobs.' I am yet to meet anyone in real life who supports Farage who is anything BUT a racist. Immigration has done great things for our country abut all Farage cares about is getting rid of any skin colour that is not white.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You realise that most immigrants who come here do all the crappy jobs no one else wants to?
A lot of the really crappy jobs are zero hours contracts, many which wouldnā€™t exist without the exploitation of low skilled immigrants. I agree that some Brits are lazy, sit on benefits etc, but there needs to be jobs with proper support to allow people to actually live. Thereā€™s no reason why they should accept that awful, insecure way of living. The system needs fixing
---
Oh come ON. The argument about reducing immigration invariably moves to diatribes about Muslims, Africans, Indians. No-one in the reform party cares about white people 'coming here and taking our jobs.' I am yet to meet anyone in real life who supports Farage who is anything BUT a racist. Immigration has done great things for our country abut all Farage cares about is getting rid of any skin colour that is not white.
I think thereā€™s been more chat about Muslims etc since we left the EU, eliminating a lot of the EU people coming. There was a lot of chat about white Europeans before that happened

And Iā€™ve seen a difference actually, Iā€™m in London and thereā€™s more Brits in front of house service jobs- before it was almost entirely Europeans.
Not that I have an issue with other nationalities, Iā€™d say the same thing if Brits were swarming Spain etc

Well they must be. Itā€™s their USP. They literally have nothing else.
I was trying to be balanced, Iā€™m dubious too bit having had a leaflet from them through the letterbox today, they sound on the surface to have some reasonable aims. Dig a bit deeper and you can see they have no clue how to achieve anything positive and thereā€™s a fair bit of othering in there too, blaming others (by which I mean people who have come from other countries) for all the ills of this country.

Reactions: 2
I was trying to be balanced, Iā€™m dubious too bit having had a leaflet from them through the letterbox today, they sound on the surface to have some reasonable aims. Dig a bit deeper and you can see they have no clue how to achieve anything positive and thereā€™s a fair bit of othering in there too, blaming others (by which I mean people who have come from other countries) for all the ills of this country.
I like this comment, itā€™s fair and balanced.

However I think mass immigration has had an influence on some of the ills of this country. Not immigration or a few people coming, which is great, but MASS immigration. Itā€™s obvious many feel the same way, hence the campaign

Reactions: 7
I like this comment, itā€™s fair and balanced.

However I think mass immigration has had an influence on some of the ills of this country. Not immigration or a few people coming, which is great, but MASS immigration. Itā€™s obvious many feel the same way, hence the campaign
Lots of people migrating from one area to another can be a problem, even if it is just from the next village however the thing that annoys me the most is the blame that is put on the people moving for stretching resources when nobody in a position of influence cared enough about the people that were already there which is why things were stretched to thinly already.

Reactions: 1
Lots of people migrating from one area to another can be a problem, even if it is just from the next village however the thing that annoys me the most is the blame that is put on the people moving for stretching resources when nobody in a position of influence cared enough about the people that were already there which is why things were stretched to thinly already.
I think thatā€™s one of the issues- the levels of immigration are mainly hurting the most vulnerable and poor in the country, but nobody cares about them :( This whole country just seems a mess and itā€™s a mix of austerity, the rich getting richer and levels of immigration that are too high. I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s JUST blaming immigrants, but it is an element.

Thatā€™s a reason why Nigel is popular- he does actually go and talk to people and engage with them, be chatty etc. Rishi, Starmer etc just do a photoshoot and walk off. It may well be fake, but people like it!

Reactions: 7
Or looking for attention by posting about them. Much like teenagers would do.

I think thatā€™s one of the issues- the levels of immigration are mainly hurting the most vulnerable and poor in the country, but nobody cares about them :( This whole country just seems a mess and itā€™s a mix of austerity, the rich getting richer and levels of immigration that are too high. I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s JUST blaming immigrants, but it is an element.

Thatā€™s a reason why Nigel is popular- he does actually go and talk to people and engage with them, be chatty etc. Rishi, Starmer etc just do a photoshoot and walk off. It may well be fake, but people like it!

Interesting.

Any examples?

Itā€™s ironic really, the BBC are desperate to show him in a bad light at every opportunity and yet it hasnā€™t dented his popularity. And itā€™s just more free publicity.

The Reform message is clearly resonating much like the Brexit vote to leave. There are people who feel they arenā€™t being listened to and this is their opportunity to express that frustration. Only this time it might mean the end of the Tories as we know them.

Might even see Boris back with Nigel as deputy PM?

• Haha
Reactions: 6