Nicola Bulley Missing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which poster was going to eat their hat if it was just an accident?
I didn’t say I was going to eat my hat if it wasn’t an accident. I said I’d thought they’d found a body not in the way they’d expected or they’d arrested someone. Neither are true so I will digest my hat. I’m not sold this has just been a tragic accident, as pointed out by someone on Twitter their companies house information is interesting https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11280462/filing-history

• Wow
Reactions: 10
But whaaaabout the dead-eyed partner with the swallowing and the smirking? I thought we had him bang to rights.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There was someone who posted on here saying the partner was responsible ' mark my words ' 😪
I hope that hopefully when all this turns out to have been a terrible accident this person apologises because they were adamant the partner had done it but I doubt it probably just not post again 😕

• Haha
Such a sad sad story and I hope they find her soon, i feel it must be an accident, her phone was originally found on the ground with the harness, it was the lady who put it on the bench, she was unable to stop, and it’s hard to know what any of us would do in that situation. I feel as though Nicola was maybe strolling and distracted on her call and maybe lost sight of her dog, it’s scary when that happens and you panic, you run about as fast as you can trying to look everywhere, maybe she was looking along the bank for her and fell... :(
Everybody‘s human and I can understand ppl wondering about other scenarios, we all do it. I certainly have. I think when something like this happens and there’s no reason or immediate answers available, we tend to fill in the blanks. Bad things happen and quite often it’s ppl close who commit these crimes, I don’t think ppl are bad for wondering and suggesting what they think. I was talking to someone earlier and we did discuss other possibilities, our brains will use info it has stored to try to make sense of something, some of us (me deffo) are more suspicious maybe..

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I hope that hopefully when all this turns out to have been a terrible accident this person apologises because they were adamant the partner had done it but I doubt it probably just not post again 😕
I think people think its the partner because in most missing person cases its normally someone they know.

Before my husband gave me my dog, he made me promise that no matter how much it hurt, I was never, ever to jump into water to save her. A woman from our village was killed in not much water after the tide took her little spaniel. However, in this case, I’m not sure she’s in the river. Weird vibes off the police statements, for me.
I'm not even allowed to walk our dog in the woods where we go alone but I see many that do.

I love my dog but I would never ever in a million years jump in after him if he fell in the water.

I did lifesaving and even in my thin clothes it was very difficult to move and you get exhausted pretty quickly and that's in a controlled environment without any panic.

Reactions: 5
I've had to do this in a previous life. Retrieve bricks from the deep end of a pool wearing pyjamas and a jacket. It really is not easy and always people standing by to intervene if needed.
Lord that takes me back, I did life saving classes and had to go in with my nightie on over my swimming costume and as I went to take my nightie off (as we were meant to, making it into a float) I forgot to undo the button at the back by my neck and got it stuck over my head. 🙄 So there I am panicking I’m going to drown, treading water like mad, trying not to go under. Eventually after what seemed hours but was probably not even a minute, I got to the steps with my nightie still over my head and when I said I was drowning and no one helped, they told me they thought I was pretending to drown for someone practising. 🤦🏼‍♀️
That would have made a great headline ‘Child dies at life saving class by drowning’ 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
From the Royal Yachting Association about cold water shock:

...Cold water shock can be lethal in minutes as it can cause a number of instant, powerful, involuntary respiratory reflexes, such as sudden increase in heart and blood pressure that may result in cardiac arrest, even for people in good health. Your ability to ‘swim like a fish’ will have no impact on your body’s involuntary response.

At a water temperature of below 15°C, and if you are not wearing a life jacket, especially an automatic one, cold water shock will:

• cause you to inhale as you go under the water, due to an involuntary gasping reflex, and drown without coming back to the surface
  • drastically reduce your ability to hold your breath underwater, typically from a minute or so to less than 10 seconds
  • induce vertigo as your ears are exposed to cold water, resulting in failure to differentiate between up and down.

In short, any healthy person, even a good swimmer, can be dead in a very very short amount of time if they fall into cold water.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Which poster was going to eat their hat if it was just an accident?
A shitload should, but they won't. They'll slink off and you won't hear from them until the next case and lo and behold they'll be there, spouting their ill-informed bile. Happens all over social media.

Reactions: 7
Not quite sure why everyone is coming for me, sorry I didn’t realise tattle was a place for Mother Theresa’s who think the police are right about everything and where no unassuming characters are to have the blame pointed at them. We will agree to disagree on this and I’ll be staying put, and I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong if it does turn out to be an accident

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Heartbreaking news for the family, it does seem like a tragic accident.
Just shows how quick things can escalate as it seems such a tight timeline from when she went missing.
Maybe the Fitbit she was wearing confirmed to the police what they suspected…

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I didn’t say I was going to eat my hat if it wasn’t an accident. I said I’d thought they’d found a body not in the way they’d expected or they’d arrested someone. Neither are true so I will digest my hat. I’m not sold this has just been a tragic accident, as pointed out by someone on Twitter their companies house information is interesting https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11280462/filing-history
People go out of business all the time but it doesn’t mean that they will kill their partner.

Reactions: 21
Lord that takes me back, I did life saving classes and had to go in with my nightie on over my swimming costume and as I went to take my nightie off (as we were meant to, making it into a float) I forgot to undo the button at the back by my neck and got it stuck over my head. 🙄 So there I am panicking I’m going to drown, treading water like mad, trying not to go under. Eventually after what seemed hours but was probably not even a minute, I got to the steps still with my nightie still over my head and when I said I was drowning and no one helped, they told me they thought I was pretending to drown for someone practising. 🤦🏼‍♀️
That would have made a great headline ‘child dies at life saving class by drowning’ 🤔
Sorry for the laugh emoji 😅 but I can just imagine x

• Heart
Reactions: 1

...Cold water shock can be lethal in minutes as it can cause a number of instant, powerful, involuntary respiratory reflexes, such as sudden increase in heart and blood pressure that may result in cardiac arrest, even for people in good health. Your ability to ‘swim like a fish’ will have no impact on your body’s involuntary response.

At a water temperature of below 15°C, and if you are not wearing a life jacket, especially an automatic one, cold water shock will:

• cause you to inhale as you go under the water, due to an involuntary gasping reflex, and drown without coming back to the surface
  • drastically reduce your ability to hold your breath underwater, typically from a minute or so to less than 10 seconds
  • induce vertigo as your ears are exposed to cold water, resulting in failure to differentiate between up and down.

In short, any healthy person, even a good swimmer, can be dead in a very very short amount of time if they fall into cold water.
And that’s just below 15 degrees. The river would have been more like below 5 I would have thought. It was very cold last week.

Reactions: 6
Not quite sure why everyone is coming for me, sorry I didn’t realise tattle was a place for Mother Theresa’s who think the police are right about everything and where no unassuming characters are to have the blame pointed at them. We will agree to disagree on this and I’ll be staying put, and I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong if it does turn out to be an accident
Nobody actually knows what happened to be fair, not just you who has thought a non accident has happened.

Reactions: 3
So sad I think in this case she’s fallen in the water. It’s just hard not to let your mind run wild in missing people cases though is it.

The only ‘good’ thing about all of this is that someone wouldn’t be aware of what’s happening for long before you lose consciousness 😔

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.