Nicola Bulley Missing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a woman myself with a dog , I don’t go anywhere off the beaten track. I wouldn’t go by a river down a path like that. Even on busy paths I look over my shoulder. My dads an ex cop and I’ve heard horror stories over the years. He always taught me to keep the doors locked in the house and curtains closed in the dark etc. it’s just drilled into me
Whatever happened to Nicola I just hope she wasn’t in pain or traumatised in any way. It’s been on my mind all week. I can’t stop thinking of her daughters.

• Sad
Reactions: 74
Maybe the dog ran off and she lost sight of her and worried the dog was in the river, went to look for her / help her and fell in herself. Willow the dog then came back from wherever she'd been roaming, didn't see her owner go into the water so just hung around the bench. Someone posted similar above, I think this is quite a likely scenario.

Reactions: 40
I think the last known sighting of her was at 9.10 in the Upper Field, in a location beyond the bench where her dog, lead, harness and phone were found. There is a lane close to wear she was last seen, so it’s not unfeasible that one or more people could have abducted her from this location? In which case - and I know this sounds unlikely - someone could’ve possibly returned to the bench and planted the items to make it look like she fell in the river? I hope the police are contacting everyone seen driving in this area around this time. And who was the person who ‘found’ the phone, lead etc?

The fact that she posted selfies and her running route online is very worrying.

Reactions: 23
Maybe the dog ran off and she lost sight of her and worried the dog was in the river, went to look for her / help her and fell in herself. Willow the dog then came back from wherever she'd been roaming, didn't see her owner go into the water so just hung around the bench. Someone posted similar above, I think this is quite a likely scenario.
Yes, someone shared this as a local theory a few days ago too.

Looking at the bank, if the water level was low, you can imagine how easy it could be to lean too far if you were worried about your dog 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
When people go missing near a river, they're almost always found in it sadly, and not always right away.

Currents can be fast and hence a body can travel some distance before being discovered.

Any alternative seems unlikely.

Reactions: 48
I think the last known sighting of her was at 9.10 in the Upper Field, in a location beyond the bench where her dog, lead, harness and phone were found. There is a lane close to wear she was last seen, so it’s not unfeasible that one or more people could have abducted her from this location? In which case - and I know this sounds unlikely - someone could’ve possibly returned to the bench and planted the items to make it look like she fell in the river? I hope the police are contacting everyone seen driving in this area around this time. And who was the person who ‘found’ the phone, lead etc?

The fact that she posted selfies and her running route online is very worrying.
DM are saying this was her regular daily circular route after school run too. It would make for an easy target.

I can’t make up my mind. I’m swaying to river as I can see myself doing it if I lost sight of my dog.

Reactions: 16
I previously thought it was odd that the dog was found without its harness because other dog walkers said this isn't the done thing to do, but if you look at all her FB photos the dog hardly ever has its harness on so she clearly had a routine of taking it off. So that's another "weird" thing very easily explained.

Reactions: 28
The only other thing that doesn’t quite add up is that abandoned house where the owner was randomly at home
Who says the house was abandoned? It looks a bit raggedy so it would be easy for the press to assume that, but I bet we all know of a house like it with a strange owner living in it. I bet that’s all it is, the lawns and borders look tended to.

Reactions: 15
At the press conference her parents said if you are watching please just come home. It points more to perhaps a mental health crisis to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Who says the house was abandoned? It looks dilapidated so it would be easy for the press to assume that, but I bet we all know of a house like it with a strange owner living in it. I bet that’s all it is, the lawns look tended to.
It was quoted from the mountain rescue search team.
But I absolutely agree with you that it could just be assumed from appearance
---

At the press conference her parents said if you are watching please just come home. It points more to perhaps a mental health crisis to me.
Which would explain the police certainty that it’s a missing person case…

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Its such a strange case. I feel like she must have fallen in but I find it very strange that the dog didn't go in after her.
It's also strange to take a dog's harness off for walks.
I can't stop thinking about her poor children. I know its early days but it seems unlikely she's coming back. I can't think of any scenario where she'd be coming home.

Reactions: 15
That's quite common with disappearances, though.

The son of Aled Davies did a similar video asking his father to "please come home" after he went missing:

Sadly he was found in a river:

• Sad
Its such a strange case. I feel like she must have fallen in but I find it very strange that the dog didn't go in after her.
It's also strange to take a dog's harness off for walks.
I can't stop thinking about her poor children. I know its early days but it seems unlikely she's coming back. I can't think of any scenario where she'd be coming home.
I also said it was strange that the harness was off, but lots of people have said they take them off if the dog is likely to swim to avoid the harness getting wet.
I always leave mine on so I know I can grab her if she needs help out of the water when she’s tired and the bank is slippy.

• Heart
Her parents also think that she has been abducted so will say that.
I think that she has either fallen into the river or jumped in voluntarily.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Thing is re the river- I’m sure I read that the bit where she was wasn’t deep. So surely she wouldn’t just drown?

Reactions: 4
I also said it was strange that the harness was off, but lots of people have said they take them off if the dog is likely to swim to avoid the harness getting wet.
I always leave mine on so I know I can grab her if she needs help out of the water when she’s tired and the bank is slippy.
Same, for that exact reason. Everyone's different I guess.
The dog was dry when it was found, right?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.