Nicola Bulley #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it possible it was locals threatening the family with stories . At the start they made out she was innocent and a normal family unit . Now it’s come out she’s a alcoholic and police attended the home in January . Comments was made on her Facebook before this police statement saying “ she’s will be on another bender “ . Clearly must have been bad . I have a feeling after the incident in January and it still being investigated the family had talks with her and a social services referral was done it’s protoco when police attend your home for something like that with children in the home . Maybe it scared her and she stopped drinking or at least stopped in the day that’s why her husband was happy letting his wife do the school runs in the car

Reactions: 2
Comments was made on her Facebook before this police statement saying “ she’s will be on another bender “
Ah so she has a history of disappearing for a bit to go on a bender?
This makes more sense as for why the family thought she just walked out

Reactions: 8
I made a mistake of checking Nicola Bulley Case channel on YouTube again but these comments are shocking. Surely this is harassment?

Screenshot_20230217-164558_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230217-164609_YouTube.jpg

That weirdo seems have lot of time in his hands for checking the area and 'investigating'. Also liking comments about psychic readings etc .🙄 Unfortunately other people are commenting and encouraging him on.
I wish these people will get on with their lives and leave police to do their job. More importantly I wish they would leave NB's family in peace.

I would also like to say how much I appreciate people on these threads being respectful in their comments even if they don't agree with someone's opinion. Tattle gets bad press but truly most tattlers are kind and lovely people ❤

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Ah so she has a history of disappearing for a bit to go on a bender?
This makes more sense as for why the family thought she just walked out
We don’t know that for certain. It was me who mentioned this on the thread, and it was one comment I saw.

Reactions: 8
Is it possible it was locals threatening the family with stories . At the start they made out she was innocent and a normal family unit . Now it’s come out she’s a alcoholic and police attended the home in January . Comments was made on her Facebook before this police statement saying “ she’s will be on another bender “ . Clearly must have been bad . I have a feeling after the incident in January and it still being investigated the family had talks with her and a social services referral was done it’s protoco when police attend your home for something like that with children in the home . Maybe it scared her and she stopped drinking or at least stopped in the day that’s why her husband was happy letting his wife do the school runs in the car
It’s all speculation, we don’t know whether she ever would have put the children in danger by driving drunk. She’s been described as having “significant” problems with alcohol but that’s vague. She’s never been done for drunk driving. She still had her license. Not all people with alcohol struggles will put others at risk.

Reactions: 18
The Xmas tree pic doesn’t even look like a bruise - it would be a weird place to hit someone hard enough to cause bruising that dark and a weird place for bruising if it was from say hands on throat. Also, if it was bruising from DV then it would be easily hidden by her hair/standing the other side of the tree if she was taking a picture for fb. But why let logic get in the way of another malicious Twitter rumour. 🙃

Reactions: 14
I watched that too, of course people can be addicts and not know. I’d actually not be shocked, I could give you a long list of professionals I know who do coke. But Sandra from glasgow tweeting he is called pissy paul is just ridiculous, literally no evidence to back it up🤣
Surely he should be pishy Paul if Sandra is from Glasgow!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The Xmas tree pic doesn’t even look like a bruise - it would be a weird place to hit someone hard enough to cause bruising that dark and a weird place for bruising if it was from say hands on throat. Also, if it was bruising from DV then it would be easily hidden by her hair/standing the other side of the tree if she was taking a picture for fb. But why let logic get in the way of another malicious Twitter rumour. 🙃
It looks like a normal shadow to me!

Reactions: 4
These were some of the front pages they ran with today. Vile people. Can you imagine Nicola seeing that? None of them give a toss, ever. 😑
I bet the journalists were fusing their bleeping keyboards trying to find pictures of her lifting a glass or looking in any way disheveled to accompany those headlines 😡

In all the pictures so far she has looked sporty and fresh faced or polished and glamorous.

'Menopausal drunk' is going to be a new trope isn't it, a stick to beat us with. Once you get too old to hear 'Time of the month...?'

• Sad
Reactions: 22
That’s a great point, and I’ll add that into the next recap as a reminder
finding out so many news things on this sky special about her, didn’t even know someone else saw the dog in-between Mrs string trying her up. I assume this would be Mr fluffy dog?

I’m wondering if on that teams call she found out her mortgage deal fell through or something along the lines of that and it just tipped her over the edge and she just walked off
As someone with constant anxiety and more inclined towards 'flight' rather than 'fight', I think this is a possibility

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think the media using the word 'SIGNIFICANT' Alcohol problems is an absolute disgrace. The poor woman will not feel like she can go home through sheer embarrassment. She could still be alive and all these stupid headlines could be frightening to her.
I think she looks haunted in that picture. Either the photo has been deliberately distorted or Nicola had bruising on her face.
Let's hope today is the day that she is found.🤞
That’s down to the police though, they described it as significant. I think the headlines are awful but it’s the police that have given the media the words to use.

Sadly, it is clear from speaking to Paul and the family that Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months. This caused some real challenges for Paul and the family.

Reactions: 2
It’s all speculation, we don’t know whether she ever would have put the children in danger by driving drunk. She’s been described as having “significant” problems with alcohol but that’s vague. She’s never been done for drunk driving. She still had her license. Not all people with alcohol struggles will put others at risk.
Significant could be drinking all day every day, having a couple of bottles of wine every night when the kids are in bed, binge drinking every few days or just being out of control when she does drink. She doesn’t strike me as the cider for breakfast on a park bench type but who knows. If she was an all-day drinker she was clearly a functioning alcoholic as she held down a job, loyal (if full of themselves) friends, clean and dressed children, holidays, regular walks and runs etc.

Reactions: 22
That’s down to the police though, they described it as significant. I think the headlines are awful but it’s the police that have given the media the words to use.

Sadly, it is clear from speaking to Paul and the family that Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months. This caused some real challenges for Paul and the family.
I actually really hate the wording of the statement. That last sentence winds me right up.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I actually really hate the wording of the statement. That last sentence winds me right up.
Yes reading just that one paragraph made me so angry again! Blame has been entirely placed on her, which may be valid except she’s not here to defend herself.

Reactions: 11
I am in the same state and totally empathise. Insomnia, joint pain, lack of energy/motivation, hair loss. It's the devil's choice between hormone suppression or potential cancer recurrence. 🤬
I'm so sorry to hear of both your cancer journeys.

For my part I'm starting to bitterly regret doing my degree now at this time of my life. Lightheaded, anxious, unfocused and eternally afraid of researching subjects I love.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Nicola IS innocent. The family unit IS normal. No one has said Nicola is an alcoholic. It's NOT clear that the situation was bad. Your FEELINGS about this are not facts.

Good grief, you might want to read some facts about this, you've said some really hurtful and untrue things.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Police to face questions over Nicola Bulley disclosures https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64675996

Information commissioner now involved to ensure the disclosures were necessary. Good.

Mr Edwards said personal details should not be "disclosed inappropriately".

"Police can disclose information to protect the public and investigate crime, but they would need to be able to demonstrate such disclosure was necessary," he said.

"We recognise that at this stage of an intensive, live investigation, the force must focus all their energies on the inquiry.

"But given the high profile nature of this case, we will be asking Lancashire Police to set out how they reached the decision to disclose this information in due course."

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.