Nicola Bulley #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re perimenopause or menopause, I've had the Mirena coil in for years and I honestly believe it could be saving me from the worst of the symptoms. I'm a year older than my mother was when she started the menopause and she had a horrific time. My brain fog has definitely worsened though and it's often embarrassing when the words for basic things elude me.

Re Nicola, I hope there is a conclusion soon to this case and that the family are not left for months and years without answers.

Reactions: 10
I think this whole revelation situation came about because the friends and family used media contacts to control the narrative. All said there was no way Nicola fell in the water. But now we know that, tragically, due to the symptoms she was experiencing, it’s entirely possible she fell. Dammit, they even tell us that she experienced brain fog!

Paul seems to think she’s wandered off. His first emotion is “anger”. Did that sound like he’s sympathetic to Nicola’s condition?
I feel P is narcissistic & if that’s the case is wouldn’t & couldn’t understand Nicola’s situation!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m already on the full hit of HRT-,it does help but the insomnia and low energy won’t budge.
Hoping I’m on my last year or so and then I’ll start sleeping again 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Poor Nicola. I get that the police were likely backed into a corner by scum threatening to sell their stories but it’s depressing to have gone from normal woman who disappeared in mysterious circumstances to hysterical menopausal alcoholic who probably just offed herself after drinking heavily that morning. I’m sure that wasn’t the intention but nonetheless it is where we have got to. I don’t know if it’s worse for her if she’s dead or alive at this point. If she is alive, then coming back will feel like it isn’t even an option now, and that scares me.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
It just shows the powerful impact releasing the statement about her personal struggles has been. Even on this thread the timeline, the dry dog, the harness and Mr/Mrs String etc has stopped being discussed.

Reactions: 27
I would be extremely surprised if the police havent spoken to her boss and everyone involved in the timeline before her disappearance: just another thing they usually don't have to disclose to the public in these cases.

Reactions: 17
Isn't she a guest on GB News? Doesn't that tell you the kind of person she is right there? 90 percent of the people they have on have personality disorders. One or two are ok ... usually the established 'faces' who have an actual talent for something, but non-entities like this James woman they wheel-on are deranged in some way. I wouldn't pay her any mind. Rant over.
Not everyone with a personality disorder is deranged, a lot of us work very hard every single day of our lives to get help and go through therapy which is upsetting and draining - and let me tell you, it’s absolutely exhausting to be fixing something that’s sometimes a result of an abusive childhood (like in my case)
The stigma is also exhausting to deal with, so I keep it hidden IRL from most people, for fear of people prejudging me and assuming I’m the devil incarnate because of their preconceptions about it. Perhaps because they’ve known someone with bpd or npd that’s made their life a living hell. Not everyone is the same

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Not sure if I’m reading this correctly (headlines) or it’s been twisted from what was actually said.

Her family have said, her stopping her medication has caused this crisis?

What IF it was foul play, that’s not her fault 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not sure if I’m reading this correctly (headlines) or it’s been twisted from what was actually said.

They clearly don't believe its foul play. That's why Paul has only ever appealed to her to come home and not appealed to someone who might have her. The family has done the same. Their belief and hope is obviously that she's been in a poor mental state and just left.

• Sad
Grrrr Kay Burly is presenting her programme from the Lake, how crass, I really dislike her, but this really is too far

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Saw this on Twitter and honestly, it hit hard.
That’s not what I’ve learned, actually. In fact none of those things even crossed my mind. Why did she learn not to be ambitious or earn more than her partner - where did that even come up? Why has she learned not to go to a park? It all sounds a bit virtue-signally or something.

I’ve leaned (yet again) that the media (social and mainstream) will build a narrative of their choosing, that people everywhere will believe it, that everyone has an appetite for drama, and that there’s precious little you can do about any of it.

Reactions: 12

My take on it, which is only my reading so feel free to ignore was that she has had alcohol issues in the past, then symptoms of menopause, was started on HRT which didn’t suit her so she stopped. Just my take but I then took the implication to be that she had been self medicating with alcohol.

To be fair, I’d say that whatever happened it’s not her fault per se. It’s an awful and tragic set of circumstances that came together possibly in a split second.

Reactions: 15
That’s not what I’ve learned, actually. In fact none of those things even crossed my mind. Why did she learn not to be ambitious or earn more than her partner - where did that even come up? Why has she learned not to go to a park? It all sounds a bit virtue-signally or something.

I’ve leaned (yet again) that the media (social and mainstream) will build a narrative of their choosing, that people everywhere will believe it, that everyone has an appetite for drama, and that there’s precious little you can do about any of it.
I took it as a bit more of a tongue in cheek/irony statements - but again, I don't know who she is so perhaps her words hold more weight or context based on that.

It wasn't directed at Nicola in general - it is at the many multitudes of women who have been murdered recently.

Reactions: 6
I was trying to catch up but with 30odd pages still to go I’ve given up. Sorry if I’ve missed something important.

I feel incredibly sad for Nicolas daughters that her personal information has been released. So many will be discussing it and in years to come when they Google mum (which they will), it’s going to be all about how she’s an alcoholic with menopause problems. The stories about the loving mum who enjoyed countryside walks with her dog and took her babies on a magical Christmas trip to centre parcs are buried and the headlines are horrible to read.

I don’t judge Nicola at all for her alcohol issues. Life is complex, and throw in something like menopause and all that comes with it, likely on the back of lockdown when so many felt alone, it’s not surprising her and thousands of others find themselves in her situation. My auntie was the same, she starting drinking more during lockdown 1 when everyone was furloughed and sat in the sun, a glass at lunchtime was soon 5 bottles a day and a lengthy hospital stay.

What I do think is it gives people more understanding of why police believe she may be in the river. She has clearly been having an awful time. Her drinking was obviously at a point where others noticed and recognised it as an issue and whether that’s a couple of bottles of wine a night, or a drink in the morning continuing all day, it’s still a problem. The fact police were attending the address points to the home environment becoming toxic and I’m not going to speculate on whether that came from Nicola or Paul, because wherever it comes from it amplifies the already difficult home life and things spiral. I hope Nicola has found peace - either in a new life or if she has sadly passed away.

My heart hurts for her family. Nobody deserves to be going through this. I believe if Nicola had have known her disappearance would result in all this then things would be different. She wouldn’t want her girls spending all this time wondering if Mummy would ever be home.

And MW-T is an absolute prick for gloating that his questioning of the police lead to the disclosures. What an asshole. Why would you be proud of something like that? Her poor parents, her poor girls.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

The police have said there is absolutely NO evidence of foul play.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think it was foul play either, but nobody 100% knows anything when there is no evidence of anything 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think the point is that foul play generally leaves evidence that is usually uncovered fairly quickly. The fact it hasn't is what suggests no foul play.

Reactions: 5
There is no such thing as a genuine psychic. They don't exist.
I definitely believe you can have instincts because I’ve had feelings about a few things were going to happen before they did but I don’t believe anyone is truly psychic to the extent they can see things in detail and hear things

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.