Nicola Bulley #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thread closed as posting

To everyone sharing their personal stories, thank you as more awareness of how common and debilitating these conditions are the better for everyone. I know some people are now speculating she was drunk and driving to school, on the walk etc she may have has an issue with alcohol but it doesn't mean she drank all day, every day.
The police were/are obviously doing all they could while respecting Nicola's and her families privacy but social media blew up, I know we are here but it is in a bubble that you have to go looking for not over Facebook, Tik Tok etc.
I think it highlights just how tough it is for the Police when the media and various wannabes get the bit between their teeth and think they have a right to know everything. We don’t. This was a family tragedy happening locally. There was no real need for any of it.

The role of the likes of Mark Williams-Thomas and Peter Faulding (who is now pouting because he wasn’t privvy to information he had no right to) really needs looking at and curtailing.

I think the a police actually did well,to keep her history under wraps for so long, especially given the media. There was not a sniff before today. I think when they mentioned vulnerability it was only a matter of time before it came out. I can’t imagine it would take much digging to uncover.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Just caught up. Well never expected this!
I wonder if Nicola is one of those people who are the loveliest people in the world... until they have a drink? Could be wrong just speculating, as we do.
I have someone very close to me like this and it isn't nice, especially for the children.

Reactions: 49
Actually makes me sick how the daily mail have gone trawling through photos to go with their article about this update, so they can use all the ones of her with a drink in her hand. They’ve never used that type of photos before.

I never would’ve guessed she had issues with alcohol. As someone mentioned earlier, by Facebook you would think her life was perfect. It’s true what they say, you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

I know it’s unlikely but I hope she’s just taken herself off somewhere and is safe. Can’t imagine how desperate you’d have to feel to leave your children, either by suicide or just walking away. Feel so sorry for her now 😢
I am disgusted at those photos on the DM. Whoever has compiled the photos of her drinking and thought it was a good idea to post them - I don’t know how they will sleep at night.
it’s also no indication of anything - it’s a pretty common pose for women 18+.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
Jeremy Kyle and the experts is probably fumbling madly because of all this new information

Reactions: 10
Thank you In The Dolls House, great recap as usual x

Been out all afternoon so only now catching up. I’m gutted that Lancs Police had to make Nicola's personal life and problems so public because of idiots who took the law into their own hands and didn’t listen to the police.

The January 10th call out to her home is sad (and odd.) that’s it’s still being investigated.

Going back to this in the last thread…
82084B6E-C9AF-41CC-80FF-71F67302D42B.jpeg

I had to have IVF in the past and I’ve made too many friends who went through early menopause - in their late teens and early 20’s! So, although rare, menopause can sadly happen much earlier than mid 40’s.

Hope everyone's ok. The updates have been sad, really, we all wish that this wasn’t true and Nicola could be found alive somewhere but I guess it makes it less likely now.

Hope she’s at peace wherever she is and if anyone is struggling, reach out x

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Maybe the neighbours called the police due to the noise of an argument / screaming/ banging ?

Reactions: 16
I didn’t finish reading the last thread before I did the new one so I’m really sorry if I missed anything that should have been added - I’ll add to the wiki later on (after I’ve done bedtime) so please reply or @ me.

Also it was hard to know quite what to write after the police statement, so I am sorry if I’m ‘tone policing’ and I won’t of course do it in the thread, but I felt it was really important that we remember Nicola’s daughters in all of this, and also that it is an illness, an addiction, and it’s not as simple as just not having a drink.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Actually makes me sick how the daily mail have gone trawling through photos to go with their article about this update, so they can use all the ones of her with a drink in her hand. They’ve never used that type of photos before.
They do it with photographs of Lucy Letby all the time - you know, the photographs they lifted off her Facebook and published two years before she was named by the police and charged with anything.

"Look at her out having a laugh and a drink while all the time she was murdering babies*"

*allegedly

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
This is all so sad. Poor Nicola her head must have been all over the place. I know I shouldn’t speculate because it’s awful but this possibly explains why she was overly organised that morning.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Thank you for all the insights and sharing personal experiences of menopause/peri menopause. As a woman with a child, I truly had no idea menopause could be so horrific. Definitely going to be something I do some research on. It seems like a lot of the mental health symptoms are similar to that after having given birth, which just sounds horrific to relive in your 50s. But again, thank you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Someone mentioned in the last thread that a body had been found somewhere? (Not necessarily Nicola’s) and I’ve lost the post… was that true?
An area surrounding Pilling Sands has been closed and cordoned off for a few hours. No reason been given as to why, just pure speculation it’s regarding Nicola due to the proximity.

Without wanting to speculate, it could be a possible location of where she may end up if she did go into the river

• Sad
Reactions: 19
About this: “The police also revealed that on January 10, officers did a welfare check at the 45-year-old's home address 'as result of those issues'. The force confirmed that no one has been arrested in relation to this incident, but it is being investigated.”

What if the person under investigation in relation to the 10 January incident is Nicola herself? It’s possible, I guess, if she lashed out or something. This is pure speculation obviously, but if it’s the case, that certainly would have added to her mental stress.
It kind of reminds me of Caroline Flack. Just the sadness of it and maybe she was scared and upset about being investigated

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
About this: “The police also revealed that on January 10, officers did a welfare check at the 45-year-old's home address 'as result of those issues'. The force confirmed that no one has been arrested in relation to this incident, but it is being investigated.”

What if the person under investigation in relation to the 10 January incident is Nicola herself? It’s possible, I guess, if she lashed out or something. This is pure speculation obviously, but if it’s the case, that certainly would have added to her mental stress.
Could be that she passed out from drinking, whilst alone with the children, and one of the children called 999.
That would be classed as a “concern for welfare”.

It would also result in an automatic referral to social services and the school being informed.

Reactions: 15
It’s all so sad. I can see why the police needed to elaborate on ‘vulnerabilities’ but mentioning her issue with alcohol seems a step too far for me. Couldve just said she had been struggling with her mental health. I guess there is a reason they’ve divulged so much personal info though. It gives me a tiny glimmer of hope that maybe she will be found safe somewhere?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Very sad to hear this latest news.

I was going to say more but actually there doesn’t seem much more to say right now. Just very sad and confused by the whole thing really.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Someone mentioned in the last thread that a body had been found somewhere? (Not necessarily Nicola’s) and I’ve lost the post… was that true?
A few people on Twitter have been posting that “apparently a body has been found” but there is no actual source and it’s come from someone’s aunties brothers, best mates gf who feeds the fish if someone who lives near by and has seen the police

Reactions: 19
Speculation m’lud…..

I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of imagination that she was organised that morning because she had something to hide. She may have planned to drink that morning, but maybe not to die. She may have had some alcohol stashed away in the car somewhere, and spent that unaccounted hour sat on the bench necking them before literally passing out and rolling down that hill into the water.

It’s just so awful that they haven’t recovered her body yet. Sounds like she was nearly sectioned on 10 Jan but maybe they pulled back from that, which with hindsight might have been the best option. The threshold for an enforced section is ,rightfully, very high so I can see how she (and/or partner) might have talked their way back from that.

Her poor girls. I’m sure she loved them but her poor mental health took over in a way that (thankfully) only a minority of us can understand. Rest in peace Nicola 💔(because, yes, I do think she is unalive)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.