Nicola Bulley #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The police woman screamed of "I'm a woman in a man's world so I'm going to be extra aggressive" it just gets people's backs up. I get she's annoyed, it's descended into chaos.

In terms of vulnerability. My family probably wouldn't have a clue of the extent of my own mental health issues. The information would all be coming from my husband, backed by my GP of course and no doubt would cause a divide in what they saw vs the reality.

If she has done something to herself the only part I cannot understand is why she hasn't left a note, or done it somewhere she could be found. I suppose that's just the way my brain works though as I'm always anxious about other people. If the cloud has descended maybe she didn't see any of that.

If that dan walker knew there were relationship issues and still asked about marriage hes more of a cock than ive previously given him credit for!
Dan Walker smacked of someone who was deliberately asking certain triggering questions to see how the partner would react. I thought he was just stupid but I don't think so now - I think it could have been quite deliberate. If they were having relationship problems prior to her disappearance (and I don't know either way obviously) I can only imagine how annoying those questions were, and it would also explain Paul's facial reactions to some of the questions, rather than him being guilty, though I can see why sleuths would think that too, looking through that lense. Hopefully she will be found and closure can be gained one way or other, for the family.
---
I noted on the live stream comments were accusing Becky of being arrogant. I bet the same people who were whinging about that love it when Sarah Lancashire plays a character doing the same thing on TV :rolleyes:
She just came across as a straight talking northerner to me and didn't seem arrogant.

Reactions: 16
Press Conference notes for anyone who’s catching up and didn’t watch

- Press conference to help stop speculation and tell us what the police have done.
- Hundreds of hours of CCTV and dash cam footage watched. Searches done too.
- No evidence of third party or criminal involvement In Nicola’s disappearance but officers who investigate serious crimes are leading the investigation.
- 300 premises visited. Almost 300 people spoken to. Received 1500 pieces of information.
- Underwater drones, horses and helicopter used in search. They continue to search in the sea and work with experts in their field inc. environmental and tidal experts. Search of area around where she disappeared.
- Investigation ongoing. Reviewing information from Nicola’s family and digital devices. Working with National Crime Agency.
- Nicola was immediately graded high risk after police got information about vulnerabilities from the family. This is normal in a missing person investigation with the information they’re in possession of.
- Evidence reviewed on Monday 30th January. Police came up with hypotheses; she went into the river, third party involvement or she left the area voluntarily. Hypotheses have remained in place and been reviewed regularly. Working hypothesis was that Nicola went in the river. This has been misconstrued in the press to be factual. Police have always been open minded.
- Fitbit unfortunately holds no further information as it hadn’t been synced for a number of days.
- Further work being done on social media accounts. Nicola might be shown as being online today but it’s just the police doing enquiries. No one needs to be concerned or contact incident room.
- Some information only known to Investigation team. No third party involvement. Information coming in on daily basis.
- The police want to find out what happened for the children.
- Abandoned house opposite bench has been searched three times and Nicola is not there.
- Red van is false rumours. Was reported to have been in area on 27th. Enquiries continue. Not believed to be suspicious.
- Fishermen not seen to be suspicious by police. One male seen covering face. Local angling clubs contacted. No fishermen seen on cctv.
- Glove discovered by TikTok is NOT Nicola’s.
- Speculation and rumours affecting family. Regularly updated. Family Liaison Officers speak to them daily and spent significant time with Paul yesterday.
- Won’t specify on ‘vulnerabilities’ to respect family. Speculation damaging. Police are being as transparent as possible. IMO them not specifying will cause more speculation and do more harm than good.
- Hope to find Nicola alive but won’t say how confident they are. Likelihood is she’s in the river but can’t be 100% confident.
- Nicola was NOT wearing a headset or AirPods.
- No cctv between school and iron bridge.
- Underwater searches continue. River tidal. Some areas searched repeatedly because of this.
- Social media detectives have been a hindrance to the investigation. Some things that have been said have been shocking and hurtful. Distracted from investigation significantly.
- Questions from media about bench and by it wasn’t forensically searched. Police skirt around this question and basically avoided it. Investigation treated as high risk missing person immediately. Area around bench and land searched.
- Police unable to speak to dog, who is wrongly referred to as ‘he’. SHE was unable to get under the gate but didn’t.
- Reporter received three text messages in five minutes about ‘vulnerabilities’. Police still refuse to elaborate due to privacy of family. It will probably all come out eventually anyway.

(Reiterated) Timeline - 27th January
• 8:26 - left house
• 8:40 - Kids dropped off at school. Nicola chatted to people in playground.
• Walked up Garstand Rd and over bridge. Witnesses and phone data confirm this.
• Nicola entered field and emailed boss and texted friend about play date for the children.
• 9:01 - Logged into Teams call and listened on loudspeaker. Normal call. Work related. Camera and Microphone always off as it’s an informative session. Didn’t need to sign in but did because of her business. No one else on Teams call heard anything.
• Dog walkers have come forward. There has been no miscommunication about who was in the field.
• Substantial amount of CCTV reviewed. Police pinned down timeline of events.
• 9:10 - Nicola seen in upper field with Willow, who was off the harness and lead. This is, again, normal. Harness always taken off in field and put back on when leaving. Last sighting.
• Digital data confirms handset moved towards the bench. No specifics on time of this happening. Normal for Nicola to hold phone in front of her on loudspeaker. Witnessed confirmed that’s what she was doing.
• 9:33 - Dog walker comes across bench and finds Willow untied and running between phone and bench. Phone facing upwards on the bench and still logged into Teams call. Harness halfway between bench and riverside. Witness returns home and makes a number of calls. Doesn’t know who the dog belongs to. Phones vet, who can’t help. Makes number of other enquiries. Eventually people return to the bench, find the handset and discover it belongs to Nicola.
• Alarm raised with school. School inform Paul, who goes to the scene. Police called.
• Able to narrow down witness and Nicola’s movement. Can’t complete this. Rowanwater cctv covers gate that enters field and front of site. This cctv is working. Site managers co-operating at every field. Nicola has not entered that area or left it. No one has entered Rowanswater.
• Allotment Lane rural but numerous cctv on road. Nicola has not been down that road.
• Main entrance and exit to the field is the river path (path and kissing gate next to the bench). Can fork off to go past Grapes Pub. Cctv checked and Nicola has not done this.
• River path always been focus. Had to appeal for dashcam footage. All will be reviewed and this is being actively worked on. No dashcam has shown Nicola .
• Yesterday (14th Feb) it was confirmed that if Nicola had left the river path and turned right she had not reached the pub. Cctv covers both sides of pavement.

Sidenote - Badass Detective Superintendent Becky will take tit from nobody.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
If Nicola suffered with MH and it has only come to light now, could it be that she had been to the doctors about this and not told anyone and the police have accessed her medical records?
Yes, but Badass Becky said Paul told them if a number of vulnerabilities that meant it was classed as high risk mis per straight away so whatever it is they’ve always known

Reactions: 16
If Nicola suffered with MH and it has only come to light now, could it be that she had been to the doctors about this and not told anyone and the police have accessed her medical records?
I’m fairly confident that in this press release, Becky stated that people went back to the bench, realised it was her, called her partner and then the police were informed. And then it stated that they were informed of some specific vulnerabilities, and that this then in turn made her high risk and hence why they went straight out.

Which it was Paul who rang the police, after the school rang him. So when he rang the police to alert them that Nicola was missing - he must have said something on the phone that caused them to instantly consider her has high risk (specifically referring to the information that someone has posted regarding what ‘high risk’ is).

Reactions: 15
im sorry but neither the family or police owe you any explanation about what her vulnerabilities are.
Absolutely. I couldn’t believe journalists kept pressing the police for more details when they had said that the family are in pain and already have been distressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Interesting that they are only now looking through her social media.

Would they need permission from her NOK for this? I always thought they could freely search phones but it was the Archie Battersby case that showed me this isn't the case. His mother refused permission for them to read his texts.

Whether this be different for adults and children. I'm unsure.

Anyway I hope they get some answers.
I would imagine they would have to apply for a warrant because it’s her own personal data?

Reactions: 2
Would it really be possible to just throw yourself into the river though? I thought it was really difficult to purposely "drown".
This is an awful thought to put out there, but could she have walked in a deeper area and weighed herself down? Is that a thing that works or just in films?!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Absolutely. I couldn’t believe journalists kept pressing the police for more details when they had said that the family are in pain and already have been distressed.
Indeed, unbelievable. "We'd ask you to respect privacy around this issue" "So what precisely were the vulnerabilities?" 🙄

Reactions: 18
Worth noting that some anti anxiety medications can initially make someone feel suicidal

If she did feel that was her only option it's incredibly sad.

Anyone seen suffering, remember there is help out there and no one will judge you for needing it
The same with withdrawals from meds when coming off them x.

Reactions: 13
If you took a field study of suicides, I’m pretty sure it would be an anomaly to spend your last 30 minutes on a voluntary work meeting. I can totally buy that she’s took herself off, but for me I don’t believe it’s suicide. There’s as much evidence for this as there is anything else.
But if she knew she would be muted with the camera off it just gives her a bit more time before something is flagged as wrong, if she didn’t log in then colleagues/her boss would have noticed

Reactions: 7
I’m fairly confident that in this press release, Becky stated that people went back to the bench, realised it was her, called her partner and then the police were informed. And then it stated that they were informed of some specific vulnerabilities, and that this then in turn made her high risk and hence why they went straight out.

Which it was Paul who rang the police, after the school rang him. So when he rang the police to alert them that Nicola was missing - he must have said something on the phone that caused them to instantly consider her has high risk (specifically referring to the information that someone has posted regarding what ‘high risk’ is).
I’ve never had to report someone missing thank goodness, but I’m assuming they’d have certain questions that they’d ask - is the person on medication etc and use that info?

Reactions: 1
This is an awful thought to put out there, but could she have walked in a deeper area and weighed herself down? Is that a thing that works or just in films?!
I wondered this - it looks like the weir is accessible from the bench, perhaps she went in the downstream side of the weir?

Ahh okay thank you. I didn't manage to watch all of it.

The only reason I mention that is because my dad was riddled with cancer and not one person knew until I went and registered his death and asked what one of the causes meant so just wondered if Nicola had maybe hidden anything from her family

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Do we know what the police officially define as a vulnerable person or high risk priority person ?
(sorry if this has already been answerd)
‘High risk’ in public service is usually an individual that presents a high risk of self harm OR harm to others. You can be one or the other, or potentially both.

What I take from this is that Nicola, for whatever reason, was identified as a high risk of self harm. I feel the police held back on disclosing this information earlier (although it was alluded to) in order to protect her and also protect her kids, who have probably never heard of suicide, let alone have potentially lost their lovely mum to it.

Had there not been so much interference from well meaning mates, this is something the family could have discussed privately with the girls and shielded them somewhat from this media frenzy.

The first question to the SIO at the end of the PC was actually disgraceful. The police have definitely been Tattling by the sounds of things though 👋. Thanks for clearing up our questions 👀 . I felt today’s PC was extremely impressive. They shouldn’t have had to do that. Rebecca Smith is a formidable woman and I would trust her investigation completely. I have to say though that SI Sally was al formidable. She was just not able to disclose as much at the time of her PC.

I feel very sad about this whole case. It has affected so many people. I almost feel some relief that there does not seem to be any reason to suspect anything other than the main working hypothesis. Let’s hope she is found now to bring some closure to her parents, daughters and family.

ETA: I was very much on the fence about PF prior to today. I know he is well meaning and experienced and has fabulous equipment. However,his involvement, however well-meaning, has only fueled the speculation and further distracted the police from the case. I still feel his expertise is valid but he should keep his thoughtsaway from the media and just share them with the police. That’s goes for the others inserting themselves.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think they would have just been upfront that those were the vulnerabilities. In the questions at the end, she said the family made these vulnerabilities known to them and they want to respect the family's privacy, which suggests it's other, more sensitive information .
It sounded to me like they only mentioned vulnerability because their hand had been forced. It was probably a compromise with the family … we have to get it out there, but we will say as little and be as general as possible.

Reactions: 19
You would think the family would want it known straight away, like, look she has poor mental health (if it was that) 😔 so please keep a look out type of thing. Going by the police conference today do they still think she's in the water?
Maybe it’s at the discretion of the family if that is made public or not? A guy last seen by a river near me was straight away described as vulnerable, suffering from depression, the family spoke out about his difficult times and that they were worried what he’d do. He was found in the river a few weeks later. 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Press Conference notes for anyone who’s catching up and didn’t watch

- Press conference to help stop speculation and tell us what the police have done.
- Hundreds of hours of CCTV and dash cam footage watched. Searches done too.
- No evidence of third party or criminal involvement In Nicola’s disappearance but officers who investigate serious crimes are leading the investigation.
- 300 premises visited. Almost 300 people spoken to. Received 1500 pieces of information.
- Underwater drones, horses and helicopter used in search. They continue to search in the sea and work with experts in their field inc. environmental and tidal experts. Search of area around where she disappeared.
- Investigation ongoing. Reviewing information from Nicola’s family and digital devices. Working with National Crime Agency.
- Nicola was immediately graded high risk after police got information about vulnerabilities from the family. This is normal in a missing person investigation with the information they’re in possession of.
- Evidence reviewed on Monday 30th January. Police came up with hypotheses; she went into the river, third party involvement or she left the area voluntarily. Hypotheses have remained in place and been reviewed regularly. Working hypothesis was that Nicola went in the river. This has been misconstrued in the press to be factual. Police have always been open minded.
- Fitbit unfortunately holds no further information as it hadn’t been synced for a number of days.
- Further work being done on social media accounts. Nicola might be shown as being online today but it’s just the police doing enquiries. No one needs to be concerned or contact incident room.
- Some information only known to Investigation team. No third party involvement. Information coming in on daily basis.
- The police want to find out what happened for the children.
- Abandoned house opposite bench has been searched three times and Nicola is not there.
- Red van is false rumours. Was reported to have been in area on 27th. Enquiries continue. Not believed to be suspicious.
- Fishermen not seen to be suspicious by police. One male seen covering face. Local angling clubs contacted. No fishermen seen on cctv.
- Glove discovered by TikTok is NOT Nicola’s.
- Speculation and rumours affecting family. Regularly updated. Family Liaison Officers speak to them daily and spent significant time with Paul yesterday.
- Won’t specify on ‘vulnerabilities’ to respect family. Speculation damaging. Police are being as transparent as possible. IMO them not specifying will cause more speculation and do more harm than good.
- Hope to find Nicola alive but won’t say how confident they are. Likelihood is she’s in the river but can’t be 100% confident.
- Nicola was NOT wearing a headset or AirPods.
- No cctv between school and iron bridge.
- Underwater searches continue. River tidal. Some areas searched repeatedly because of this.
- Social media detectives have been a hindrance to the investigation. Some things that have been said have been shocking and hurtful. Distracted from investigation significantly.
- Questions from media about bench and by it wasn’t forensically searched. Police skirt around this question and basically avoided it. Investigation treated as high risk missing person immediately. Area around bench and land searched.
- Police unable to speak to dog, who is wrongly referred to as ‘he’. SHE was unable to get under the gate but didn’t.
- Reporter received three text messages in five minutes about ‘vulnerabilities’. Police still refuse to elaborate due to privacy of family. It will probably all come out eventually anyway.

(Reiterated) Timeline - 27th January
• 8:26 - left house
• 8:40 - Kids dropped off at school. Nicola chatted to people in playground.
• Walked up Garstand Rd and over bridge. Witnesses and phone data confirm this.
• Nicola entered field and emailed boss and texted friend about play date for the children.
• 9:01 - Logged into Teams call and listened on loudspeaker. Normal call. Work related. Camera and Microphone always off as it’s an informative session. Didn’t need to sign in but did because of her business. No one else on Teams call heard anything.
• Dog walkers have come forward. No miscommunication about who was in the field. • Substantial amount of CCTV reviewed. Police pinned down timeline of events.
• 9:10 - Nicola seen in upper field with Willow, who was off the harness and lead. This is, again, normal. Harness always taken off in field and put back on when leaving. Last sighting.
• Digital data confirms handset moved towards the bench. No specifics on time of this happening. Normal for Nicola to hold phone in front of her on loudspeaker. Witnessed confirmed that’s what she was doing.
• 9:33 - Dog walker comes across bench and finds Willow untied and running between phone and bench. Phone facing upwards on the bench and still logged into Teams call. Harness halfway between bench and riverside. Witness returns home and makes a number of calls. Doesn’t know who the dog belongs to. Phones vet, who can’t help. Makes number of other enquiries. Eventually people return to the bench, find the handset and discover it belongs to Nicola.
• Alarm raised with school. School inform Paul, who goes to the scene.
• Able to narrow down witness and Nicola’s movement. Can’t complete this. Rowanwater cctv covers gate that enters field and front of site. This cctv is working. Site managers co-operating at every field. Nicola has not entered that area or left it. No one has entered Rowanswater.
• Allotment Lane rural but numerous cctv on road. Nicola has not been down that road.
• Main entrance and exit to the field is the river path (path and kissing gate next to the bench). Can fork off to go past Grapes Pub. Cctv checked and Nicola has not done this.
• River path always been focus. Had to appeal for dashcam footage. All will be reviewed and this is being actively worked on. No dashcam has shown Nicola .
• Yesterday (14th Feb) it was confirmed that if Nicola had left the river path and turned right she had not reached the pub. Cctv covers both sides of pavement.

Sidenote - Badass Detective Superintendent Becky will take tit from nobody.
This is amazing! I’ll use it for the wiki ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
That's very Virginia Woolf. I haven't been following the case in great detail, only hope that she's found. The press know that they'll get a lot of money from publishing as some of the public are worked up into a frenzy, hence all the speculation on tiktok etc

I thought from the beginning that Paul was holding something back (not that he harmed her) but knew more - this is why his focus is all about the girls, he knows more and her mental health. Oh Nicola I hope you have peace if you could of seen just how loved you are by the whole nation 🙏🏽💞
Still praying there’s some hope for you being alive and found 💞

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.