Nicknacklou #13 We have now entered Black Mirror territory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks like a bench you find at a train station!
its practical for being on the beach, couldn’t really have anything else where its located
---
I donate to a local charity regularly by D.D. Always asume the funds will be used for local people to make their lives easier.. hmmmm 🤔🤔
I actually think it’s inappropriate that charity money was used for this. I have had a look at the charity website and cant see any mention of anything like this; i.e the family of a former patient being given charity money to spend on a memorial of any kind. Im sorry but Nicky wasnt special - she was one of thousands of adults with cancer treated at hospitals in Surrey. Do ALL families get given pots of money to buy memorial benches or other memorial items? Do they duck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Was it not paid for by NNL's GFM?
---
I was blocked after the Disney fiasco so I am not regularly following. Occasionally have a nosy on my kid's phone.

Reactions: 2
A charity paid for it?? Would that money not be better spent on a living person?
Or on something that is going to directly improve the lives or experiences of those going through cancer treatment now and in the future…. Youd think so, yeah…..

Reactions: 11
That bench is awful. And realistically when’s he going to see it. What a waste of money.

Reactions: 6
Or on something that is going to directly improve the lives or experiences of those going through cancer treatment now and in the future…. Youd think so, yeah…..
Or even something in memory of someone but that will directly benefit others. Ie not a bench in bloody Anna Maria 🥴 it's a nice thought given their memories there and how much she loved it, but should absolutely be funded by Alex and / or her friends who also loved going there with her. It's a joke.

Reactions: 9
It's a tit looking bench. Looks like it belongs in a bus station. So every time family/friends want to sit on it they have to pay for a flight?
What a bleeping waste of money which could've been spent in so many meaningful ways.
Why does NNL get a bench anyway??

Reactions: 8
What absolute bleeping misappropriation of charity funds! I’m going to tweet or email. I’d be fuming if I’d ever donated to that charity.
---
I’ve emailed the charity asking for their justification in releasing publicly raised funds for a vanity project, several thousand miles away. Really pissed me off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
What absolute bleeping misappropriation of charity funds! I’m going to tweet or email. I’d be fuming if I’d ever donated to that charity.
---
I’ve emailed the charity asking for their justification in releasing publicly raised funds for a vanity project, several thousand miles away. Really pissed me off.
I couldn’t have put it better please let us know if and how they reply. I’ll be pinging an email their way as well.
It’s bad enough they’ve funded a memorial but one that’s so many miles away is just unbelievable I’m beyond disgusted the charity money should go towards the living and research etc

Reactions: 7
A train station bench thousand of miles away funded by a charity. Couldn’t make this sh*t up could you 😂

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.