Newbie runners thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all! My friend has asked me to do a 5k next year with him and I’ve never ran in my life😆
I would like to lose a bit of weight and I’ve downloaded couch to 5k but I really don’t get much free time in the week, hopefully I can start soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey all! My friend has asked me to do a 5k next year with him and I’ve never ran in my life😆
I would like to lose a bit of weight and I’ve downloaded couch to 5k but I really don’t get much free time in the week, hopefully I can start soon!
Woop woop! It’s a start :) you got this & welcome to the club!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I did couch to 5k while ago and kept up running for about 6 months. I’m in a long term hospital admission so it’s difficult to maintain levels of activity. There is a gym so I can run there. I do enjoy running I just struggle with the motivation. I’m going to try and get my fitness levels back to what they used to be 👍🏻💪🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello; I’m here for a placemark. It’s been so so long since I ran I am absolutely back to “beginner” status and I’m here for the successes and the stories to poke me along.

As it stands, I’m on holiday right now, filling my big face on a regular basis. When I’m back, the pavement pounding will begin again.

Reactions: 4
I’m so glad I’ve found this thread. I’m no expert runner by any means but I love running. For me, it’s my happy place and the endorphins after are amazing.

However, during Lockdown I started C25K (annd completed it 🥰) outside before that I only used a treadmill at the gym.

I purchased a treadmill for home use 18 months ago and this may sound really silly, I don’t really get on with it. I would love nothing more than to get a good run done on it before work but I’ve resulted to running outside on my days off. I keep saying to myself that I’ll set an alarm and get up early to use the treadmill but I just find treadmill running so difficult now. It’s an opti one I bought from Argos, however would I find it easier on an industrial one at the gym or is it because this one is a little smaller. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m so glad I’ve found this thread. I’m no expert runner by any means but I love running. For me, it’s my happy place and the endorphins after are amazing.

However, during Lockdown I started C25K (annd completed it 🥰) outside before that I only used a treadmill at the gym.

I purchased a treadmill for home use 18 months ago and this may sound really silly, I don’t really get on with it. I would love nothing more than to get a good run done on it before work but I’ve resulted to running outside on my days off. I keep saying to myself that I’ll set an alarm and get up early to use the treadmill but I just find treadmill running so difficult now. It’s an opti one I bought from Argos, however would I find it easier on an industrial one at the gym or is it because this one is a little smaller. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Treadmills are the worst invention known to man and that’s an absolute fact 😂

Reactions: 2
I’ll give it another go but I’m tempted to sell it. It’s just not getting the use. And I’d much rather run outside!
Does anyone else treadmill run?
I joined a local gym to use a treadmill during the dark evenings and I absolutely hate it 😂 it's so boring and I find it hard to control my pace for some reason. I seem to run so much slower on the treadmill as well even though I try to get it over and done with as quick as possible 😭

Got my new personal record today - 5km in 31min and without walking!!!! 💕
Never felt more proud 🐷

It was a long journey - 3months of almost every day walking/running for 1h...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I joined a local gym to use a treadmill during the dark evenings and I absolutely hate it 😂 it's so boring and I find it hard to control my pace for some reason. I seem to run so much slower on the treadmill as well even though I try to get it over and done with as quick as possible 😭
This is me too, I run so much slower on a treadmill. My pace is so much quicker outdoors.

You run slower on a treadmill because it’s set at one pace only - when you run outside your cadence and pace naturally alters with the road or trail you’re on. So on a treadmill you’d run at say, 10 minute miles for 30 minutes, but outside you’d run at 10 minutes for 2 minutes, 9:30 for 30 seconds, 11:30 for a minute, all without noticing. And that’s one of the reasons why treadmills are crap - useful in some circumstances but for horrible most people!

Reactions: 5
Has anyone noticed that they’re so damn hungry from running?! I started running to lose weight but i now can’t seem to eat enough to not be so hungry 🤣