Newbie runners thread!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i was so in my head about it!I’m still finding it really tough but I would definitely recommend doing it, it is so nice to feel the breeze!
---

aww I can’t wait for that feeling! I keep getting emotional thinking about it, I think I’m going to be crying a lot that day 😂
i was emotional ngl! but then it kicked in that i’ll have to do it all again on top of that when i do the full marathon!

can’t wait for the training to be over.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
anyone done a park run before? There's one really near to me and I'm tempted but forewarned is forearmed and all that

anyone done a park run before? There's one really near to me and I'm tempted but forewarned is forearmed and all that
Yes, there will be a tailwalker so you won't be last, and there are always people that just walk it anyway. If in doubt offer to volunteer 1st so you can see for yourself

Reactions: 2
What are you worried about? Parkruns tend to be quite inclusive. If you’re worried about taking too long you can see the results of the previous events on the website of each venue so you judge where you’ll sit in the pack. Some parkruns are quite small and are done in 40 minutes, others are massive and have people who take over an hour.

Reactions: 1
update on my training is anyone is interested- just completed my longest run of the plan, 20 miles!!! marathon is in 3 weeks so now tapering down to make sure my legs are as fresh as possible on the day.

considering i only started running in september last year, i’m so proud of myself!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Try it. I have got really into them over the last year, they're so friendly and it's a great way to discover a new part of a city if you're travelling on a Saturday. I'm sure you'll feel welcome:)

Reactions: 2
for anyone wondering - i ran my marathon yesterday! absolutely crazy day. finished it in 5:30 and stuck with the pacer the whole time. walked at the water stations and ran everything else!

i don’t think it’s sunk in yet but i’m so pleased i’ve done it 🫶🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 13
for anyone wondering - i ran my marathon yesterday! absolutely crazy day. finished it in 5:30 and stuck with the pacer the whole time. walked at the water stations and ran everything else!

So pleased for you, well done!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Yay congrats!

thank you so much! if anyone is thinking of doing one, i’d say do it.
Well, you might just have inspired me! Currently in the depths of my second awful cold in 4 weeks, somethings got to give here and I’m always inspired when I’m ill, signed up for a 10k when I was rotten last year and it was one of my biggest achievements!

I am in between doing the Amsterdam Half in Oct 2023 or going for the Rotterdam Half in April 2024.

i need a goal.

Reactions: 4